Blessing 2 - page 18

This the key!

lron:
All,

I found Blessing only Backtests with FXDD properly. Money Management works to enable to trade down to microlots of .02. Microlots of .01 throw Blessing into a bit of a tizzy.

Folks, this thing does make money except you really have to be careful. It needs a lot of room to run which means a larger floating negative P/L. I have highly suggested that you not run this on an account with less than 5K starting using microlots down to .02 starting. I have run numerous backtests on Blessing on the USDJPY and there are times it carries a P/L of greater than 50% of your account balance. That's high and that's with microlots!

The Money Management code works just fine in forward testing. I use IBFX, FXDD and Tradeview and they are are cooking along with MM enabled and working properly.

I will soon be posting updated results with several significant improvements to Blessing. Here's a preview:

Equity Protection

Broker decimal selection

Hard Number Starting Account Balance for Equity Protection

Automatic grid construction

Grid management to curve fit to pair being used

Menu selection of settings

Again, if you want to properly backtest Blessing, download FXDD onto a seperate computer and run clean backtest data downloaded from Metatrader. You must recalculate the data often because it gets corrupts from time to time.

More to Follow...

v/r

Jeff

LISTEN CAREFULLY EVERYONE!!!

What Iron is saying is correct, their is no holygrail system out there without proper adjustment of your MM.

See I'm not worried about losing trades or DD, I'm only interested in surviving a major blowout. The key as Iron pointed is Leverage and MM.

What I have found that works wonders for me is Compounding my winnings so that when a major drawdown hits I'm only risking 35% to 50% DD, but my profits are exponentually massive so technically I don't worry much about DD, and only risking no more than 10% to 25% of my capital at any given time, oh but the secret to this phenomena is I don't ever go past the 8th level of the Blessing system. See only rarely does it go past the 8th level and if and when it does, I survive. Also remember to use MM so you can compound your winnings.

People I just shared with you the HOLY GRAIL!!! for those of you that understand hit me up so we can automate this into the current system, otherwise, semi manual has been working wonders for me so far, currently working on improving the profit potential so I can retire permanetly. Please contact me personally I won't reply post, not because I don't want to help others but rather I like to keep my ideas nonbiased so that they are not corrupted.

Thanks

Joe

New Blessing

All,

First an apology. Sorry about the ever changing newer added versions. Second, I believe it's for our benefit. Attached is the latest version with a quantum leap protection feature, Portion Control.

Instead of explaining it here, read the updated talking paper I have attached as well.

For everyone trying to backtest, you must delete all *.ini files from the tester folder in your platform, then put the new Blessing in the expert folder. Only then will the menu in the new Blessing display correctly.

Happy Trading!

v/r

lron:
All,

First an apology. Sorry about the ever changing newer added versions. Second, I believe it's for our benefit. Attached is the latest version with a quantum leap protection feature, Portion Control.

Instead of explaining it here, read the updated talking paper I have attached as well.

For everyone trying to backtest, you must delete all *.ini files from the tester folder in your platform, then put the new Blessing in the expert folder. Only then will the menu in the new Blessing display correctly.

Happy Trading!

v/r

If there was ever a true gentleman it is you Iron. I cannot express my delight in how you are truly a great human being. If there were more people like you in this world, what a better world this would be, even for people like me. You set an example I can only hope to follow.

Most Affectionately,

Joe

Updated....again

All,

Folks have asked me about trading huge amounts ($50,000), using money management and small lots sizes (.02). I couldn't answer that because v4.0 wouldn't do that. v4.1 does.

Attached is a new version and an updated Advanced Features pdf file that is searchable on the topic you desire.

Happy Trading

v/r

Blow Up

Well my 5,000 demo just blew up on usd/jpy daily using blessing 2 4.1.

Back to the drawing board.

Spy

spymez:
Well my 5,000 demo just blew up on usd/jpy daily using blessing 2 4.1.

Back to the drawing board.

Spy

That's why you always test, first, and use Monopoly money. Try

eurusd for your next test and see if that does any better.

Rob

Money Management

I think we need very large account in relation to lots traded as buffer against large drawdown. Perhaps 25,000 for start.

0.01 lots

1.4 multiplier

No Guarantee account will be safe but is close enough

Thoughts?

QoS

Maybe

Maybe it's reasonable to add some less laggy filters to that EA?

Like in PipMaker EA or any other...

I do not think that MA is the better decision.

Thoughts

All,

It's been a rather rough patch for the market. I had Blessing on a demo on the EURCHF and it took it out! I elected not to trade the EURGBP with Blessing because it just moves way too slow for this type of EA. Anything with CHF in it right now is taking everything out. Pipmaker took out two of my other demos just last week.

I've attached set files for v4.1 that I've backtested. Again, backtesting is what it is, a way to simply test for stability and potential settings. I simply couldn't get EURCHF to backtest using Money Management. I prefer to use money management.

Lots of folks like these particular pairs. v4.1 backtested these without a blowout.

v/r

Risk hedging

To Risk hedging of Blessing 2

Can you produce EA of an another type?