Blessing 2 - page 166

Slack:
Acct is currently at $6K, so it will be $18K. I still need to figure out a safe starting lot size.

Hi Slack,

My recommendation for starting lot is o.o1.

Best

George

elest:
Hello All.

I found blessing2 a few weeks ago and now running in 3 live accounts.

I am not a programer nor someone with a lot of experience in Ea's but I have been trading manual, full time for the past 3 years.

I have been able to get an extra 9% on my accounts in two weeks with Blessings2. .. and that is a extremely good result.

I actually use the EA with some technical analisis. I trend trade only and adjust the grid every day according to pivot points.

One thing I notice in all my live accounts is that sometimes the EA skips a step in the set grid and I notice that does it when the price action is too strong against. I am puzzle because my AutoCal is set at False.

In any case So far that is a good thing for account protection.... if skips only one step It is ok but sometimes skips two and the set up TP is not enough to close all with profit.

My grid is changing all the time but most of the time I use.

25 grid in all sets

TP 25 in all sets

Autocal False

MM false

Any sugestions or comments. I do monitor all the time and I have corrected the take profit when has skipped more the two steps in the grid ... but Would be nice if someone knows how would adjust itself.

Thank you.

this protection is the timegrid set to 2400 s (40min)

this avoid to place a new trade during the 40 min following previous trade

Back Again

All,

Just caught up reading the many posts to this thread. I've been way too busy to keep up with FOREX lately. Maybe I should have been more vigilant. AUDCAD and USDJPY both hit EPs on my live account....ouch.

I can no longer recommend anything with CAD in it! I stopped using USDCAD 3 months ago after it hit an EP for a small loss. My live account was growing nicely but I overthought the portions.

I didn't equally divide the portions into my account size, I overlapped them. I had 3 pairs of Blessing going with a 4th pair utilizing another EA. The three pairs I set to 2 on the portion. This overlapping portion and with AUDCAD and USDJPY being in a large DD, AUDCAD hit an EP first allowing the large DD of the USDJPY to hit an EP quicker than if both had their own complete portion. Lesson learned the hard way and half my trading account gone.

On a good note, I still have half my trading account because of EP. I've been down this low in my account before and Blessing always recovered it. I will not overlap portions any more. I only run EURUSD and USDJPY because they have been and will always be the safest. Blessing was designed against the USDJPY pair and it's what I was always running before branching out to EURUSD. The CAD pairs were an addition last fall but they seemed fairly unstable over time but I did develop set files that optimized well.

July proved that the CAD is too unstable because it is too closely aligned with the Oil industry. CAD is gone for good with Blessing.

As for those running the Stoch mod, good on ya! Finding safer methods of trading are always good. I will keep modding the basic Blessing as needs arise.

BTW, IBFX MT4 platform will operate just fine with this new NFA rule. IBFX is implementing a solution via their back office servers and front end functionality remains unchanged. I suggest NOT using POSL in that Blessing needs to send a TP to the broker to work. Blessing doesn't need a SL and POSL was there just for miss connectively in the internet connection. Turn POSL off to give Blessing a chance to succeed with this new NFA ruling.

It will take me another 2 months to recover my lost capital due to the EP loss caused by the CAD but I have faith in Blessing with the EURUSD and USDJPY.

Happy Trading

lron:
All,

Just caught up reading the many posts to this thread. I've been way too busy to keep up with FOREX lately. Maybe I should have been more vigilant. AUDCAD and USDJPY both hit EPs on my live account....ouch.

I can no longer recommend anything with CAD in it! I stopped using USDCAD 3 months ago after it hit an EP for a small loss. My live account was growing nicely but I overthought the portions.

I didn't equally divide the portions into my account size, I overlapped them. I had 3 pairs of Blessing going with a 4th pair utilizing another EA. The three pairs I set to 2 on the portion. This overlapping portion and with AUDCAD and USDJPY being in a large DD, AUDCAD hit an EP first allowing the large DD of the USDJPY to hit an EP quicker than if both had their own complete portion. Lesson learned the hard way and half my trading account gone.

On a good note, I still have half my trading account because of EP. I've been down this low in my account before and Blessing always recovered it. I will not overlap portions any more. I only run EURUSD and USDJPY because they have been and will always be the safest. Blessing was designed against the USDJPY pair and it's what I was always running before branching out to EURUSD. The CAD pairs were an addition last fall but they seemed fairly unstable over time but I did develop set files that optimized well.

July proved that the CAD is too unstable because it is too closely aligned with the Oil industry. CAD is gone for good with Blessing.

As for those running the Stoch mod, good on ya! Finding safer methods of trading are always good. I will keep modding the basic Blessing as needs arise.

BTW, IBFX MT4 platform will operate just fine with this new NFA rule. IBFX is implementing a solution via their back office servers and front end functionality remains unchanged. I suggest NOT using POSL in that Blessing needs to send a TP to the broker to work. Blessing doesn't need a SL and POSL was there just for miss connectively in the internet connection. Turn POSL off to give Blessing a chance to succeed with this new NFA ruling.

It will take me another 2 months to recover my lost capital due to the EP loss caused by the CAD but I have faith in Blessing with the EURUSD and USDJPY.

Happy Trading

And I just assumed you were raking in so much money, you didn't have time to post. Sorry to hear about the loss, but like you said, at least Blessing saved half the acct.

May you have a quick and steady recovery.

Slack:
And I just assumed you were raking in so much money, you didn't have time to post. Sorry to hear about the loss, but like you said, at least Blessing saved half the acct. May you have a quick and steady recovery.

hello,

this are my recommendations for this EAs, before using it on a live account. Do atleast a 5years backtest and understand its strengths and weakness with different currencies. when i tested Blessing on EURUSD in 2008 i saw that it could not withstand very trendy market conditions. so lets use it very carefully. cheers

I have break even level set as 6. This allows the EA to close trades faster and change direction.

fxea:
I have break even level set as 6. This allows the EA to close trades faster and change direction.

Please describe the performance/safety differences, as

compared to standard level 12 BE. Have you backtested

this strategy, or are you trading live with it?

Rob

ChicagoRob:
$750-$1000/pair with 1-cent pips and .01 starting lots

$7500-$10,000/pair with 10-cent pips and .01 starting lots

These figures are three-four times more than the recommended

minimum, which will make it easier for you to sleep at night.

Rob

Thanks. When I first read your recommendation, and George's, I thought is was way too low. I'm using 10 cent/pip now, but after doing some preliminary calculations on worse case scenario, I think there's diminishing returns vs acct balance once you get past a certain $ figure.

Hi all,

It has been a while since I have posted. Good to hear from Iron! I began using Blessing live earlier this year. I like this EA and want to thank everyone who contributes to this thread.

I only trade EurUsd and UsdJpy on the daily time frame using version 5.1. Using my own presets I tried the other two majors and lost money on GpdUsd. I did fair on UsdChf. I did not like the drawdown on them and stopped trading them for now. I only have a $1900 account so I have to be careful.

I have been experimenting with backtesting and optimizing at the beginning of every month for the two pairs I trade. I always go back to the prior three months. For example, right now I will optimize based on May, June, July data. This has been working for me. I like to keep my presets fresh.

I know a lot of folks will not like my approach and that is fine. I do not have the time to post a lot, but I am sharing my approach because it is working for me and has cut down on my drawdown. I am grateful for what I have learned from others on this thread and maybe others might want to try my approach. That is your call. Best of trading to all.

Slack:
Thanks. When I first read your recommendation, and George's, I thought is was way too low. I'm using 10 cent/pip now, but after doing some preliminary calculations on worse case scenario, I think there's diminishing returns vs acct balance once you get past a certain $ figure.

Have to agree with you, there. It's all a balancing act, as to how you prioritize your account, regarding starting lots, float, etc. Just give yourself a big enough "buffer" to give you peace of mind.

Rob