Blessing 2 - page 115

No problem Iron, glad to help! You and others have helped us all a lot, its only fair we contribute back I agree about the timeframes, the longer TF's do seem safer. I was trying to minimise the drawdown / length of time that positions are open with my settings, but perhaps its not a good idea. In any case, now that the parameters are open, hopefully more people will experiment and find something useful

lron:
All,

I sure am glad to see contributions to this EA! By all means, we should make this thing rock harder. It's been doing very well for me ever since FE put it on line and the fixes were added to the micro lots and EP.

I believe Bobster is on to something with a quicker response to the grid for smaller time frames. I will add this bit of caution, however. Blessing was developed for the longer timeframes, ie: daily on the USDJPY. The only pairs that have truly survived to date have set files here. All other pairs have blown up too often to merit.

That being said, if there is a way to crack into a smaller timeframe and other pairs, Boster may have found the "crack". I've always said that you need to backtest your theories and forward test for profit. I have modified Bosters default Blessing to accomodate the tested set files above.

The autocal was designed to "flux the grid". It used a hard coded default of 21 days. Bobster's changes allow you to change the time frame and the period to use. As such, in order to keep the old files viable, the default settings with this new version of Blessing will have the timeframe set at 1440 and the period set to 21. Again, this is so you can use the set files previous published.

I will inform FifthElement of the new change and get it posted to the first page. Any set files that are developed for other pairs will continue to remain in that posters "post" and not the first page. Set files may be the key to Blessings success and should remain the posters work.

Nice job to all who help make this EA successful!

Happy Trading

but if you hit 4 times EP a year, the 8*30% wont let you much profit...

isn't it better to find settings that gives less monthly profit but wont take back any %

I guess it needs calculations...

alex84:
but if you hit 4 times EP a year, the 8*30% wont let you much profit...

isn't it better to find settings that gives less monthly profit but wont take back any %

I guess it needs calculations...

Yep, if you hit 4 EP's then you'd only have 40% yearly profit. But that 4 is a worst case scenario .. so I guess try to average between 0 and 2 EPs in a year (2 EP's would be 10*30 - 2*50 = 200% a year). I havent traded with martingales long but from what I'm seeing with backtests, it seems like EP's are inevitable .. so we should count that minus 50% into our yearly % return calculations, and perhaps even take more aggressive riskier parameters which do generate that extra % return every month even if they do EP once or twice a year

of course what you say is the ideal case - parameters which dont take back any % - but then you'd be left wondering / hoping that you don't EP - or worse still it might take you a few months to generate 50% only to see it wiped out with an EP. Whereas if you're prepared / expecting an EP it might be better

IRON

i guess there is an issue with version 5.2 because backtesting it shows really different results than 5.1 using exact same set files and same period

thanks

bobsters:
Yep, if you hit 4 EP's then you'd only have 40% yearly profit. But that 4 is a worst case scenario .. so I guess try to average between 0 and 2 EPs in a year (2 EP's would be 10*30 - 2*50 = 200% a year). I havent traded with martingales long but from what I'm seeing with backtests, it seems like EP's are inevitable .. so we should count that minus 50% into our yearly % return calculations, and perhaps even take more aggressive riskier parameters which do generate that extra % return every month even if they do EP once or twice a year of course what you say is the ideal case - parameters which dont take back any % - but then you'd be left wondering / hoping that you don't EP - or worse still it might take you a few months to generate 50% only to see it wiped out with an EP. Whereas if you're prepared / expecting an EP it might be better

yep

hard to say indeed...

Difference

Alex,

The only difference is what Bobster put in. In order to use the set files I previously posted, you will need to ensure that the AutoCalTFand AutoCalPeriod are 1440 and 21 respectively in the menu set area.

v5.1 had the autocal hard programmed for Period_D1 and 21 in the function section, here it is:

double atrvalue = iATR(NULL,PERIOD_D1,21,0);

It now looks like this:

double atrvalue = iATR(NULL,AutoCalTF,AutoCalPeriod,0);

If you want my set files to work, do what I said in the first paragraph. Nothing else has changed!

v/r

alex84:
IRON

i guess there is an issue with version 5.2 because backtesting it shows really different results than 5.1 using exact same set files and same period

thanks

bobsters:
Hi all,

I'm attaching here a slight modification I've made to Blessing which I think is increasing profitability and decreasing the risk. Basically, its a change to the AutoCal logic which works out the grid size. You can now specify the AutoCalTF and the AutoCalPeriod in the EA inputs. I've made the default as H1 with period of 24. i.e. it will use the last 24 hours' ATR range to work out the optimal grid size. Blessing 5.1 has this setting hardcoded to looking at the past 21 days which I think is too much. In my version 5.2, I've exposed this settings as a setting to the EA which you can change and experiment with.

I'm attaching settings for GBPUSD on M30 which work really well in 2009 (backtest attached - 21% max drawdown) - feel free to experiment some more and do post back your results for GBPUSD and other pairs as well!

Thanks.

PS. AutoCalTF must be one of the number of minutes in your timeframe, e.g. H1 is 60, H4 is 240, D1 is 1440. It will not work if you set it to a non-standard timeframe like 120 (because there is no H2).

Edit: FIXED GBPUSD set FILE !

Edit 2: See here for an updated GBPUSD backtest with no modelling errors: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178702/page76

hello bobsters! thank you very much for your hard work,i am trading the g/u on the 30m tf with your set file i am running 2 demos and one live account,yesterday blessing open buy order all day for one of the account and the two others open sell orders anyway all the account survive the huge range please advise?

best

ram

not sure ram, depends on your account size. we've had huge trending this week, possibly the largest since jan 2009, so not sure what will happen. you could change the EP stop level if you want? Best to try these set files in a demo account first as well !

bobsters:
not sure ram, depends on your account size. we've had huge trending this week, possibly the largest since jan 2009, so not sure what will happen. you could change the EP stop level if you want? Best to try these set files in a demo account first as well !

thanks bobsters! i am trying on live ibfx micro account eur/usd 4h chart recomand set and gbp/usd 30m with your set and it was very good week account up 4% also have demo account with gbp/usd and eur/usd both 30m

with your file setting i start on 5/17/09(one weeek)account up 7% in one week,max dd 10% yesterday.

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

best

ram

Result from 18 to 22 May 2009

Hi all,

I am doing forward testing on GU and EU pairs on FXDD demo account, using Bobster's Blessing v5.2 and his settings. As of current moment, this is the result:

Date: 18 - 22 May 2009 (5 days)

Number of trades: 100 (86 GU, 14 EU)

Winning Trades: 77 (65 GU, 12 EU)

Losing Trades : 23 (21 GU, 2 EU)

Secured Pips: 1367 (693 GU, 674 EU)

% return: 39.4% (25.3 GU, 14.1% EU)

Max DD: 7.3% (7.3% GU, 0% EU)

In the first 2 days, I set the MM=true so my lots started with 0.01. The rest of the days I set the MM=false, so my lots started with 0.1. From 3000 account, now 4,171, and float about 20.

I will continue forward testing these 2 pairs next week. Wonder if anyone have good settings for other pairs.

p/s: I am online not 24 hours. I dont have VPS account. So, I only set this on when I am online. So, the result my vary from others who set this up 24hours a day.

-RJ1-