Blessing 2 - page 218

ChicagoRob:
All sets go on H1 charts. To mimic the DD, etc., you will need to input

$10K for 10-cent pips, at .01 lots(Alpari, etc.). I would not recommend

trying to use anything but a dedicated Alpari UK terminal for backtests.

Hey Rob,

are you using BBStoch or 5.2 stoch ?

sean

Hey Iron,

Thanks for your continued effort on blessing, I was quit shocked to hear about blessing 3. There are two things that I would like to contribute. One of them is a technical change that I would like to get your opinion on.

Would it be advantageous to have some type of trailing stop to the basket of trades, that way if we cross the tp and are already profiting we could possibly profit more if the retracement continues?

I can code, so this doesn't seem too difficult a task for me to accomplish. If it doesn't seem to be a good idea just let me know why and I can concentrate my effort elsewhere.

Another small contribution I would like to make is in backtesting. MT4 has a nasty habit of changing your historical data while being connected to the broker. However if you don't login to your account you loose settings such as min lot sizes you can trade and other specifics from your broker.

I'm using an ibfx terminal and my solution was to create the account as normal, close the program, delete the hst files from the account directory (this is all standard thus far)

This is the important part:

I then open the windows firewall settings, enable the firewall if not already on, and specifically block the terminal.exe program in the mt4 directory. Now the mt4 terminal opens and has all the proper account settings while acting dead to the demo server!

Hope this helps

seank:
Hey Rob,

are you using BBStoch or 5.2 stoch ?

sean

Just v5.2 - that's it.

ChicagoRob:
Just v5.2 - that's it.

Okay... well you don't survive 2007 but I might be onto something that will.

Feeling alot like Chart ..except I have a brand new slow thinkpad which is taking ages to back test.

seank:
Okay... well you don't survive 2007 but I might be onto something that will. Feeling alot like Chart ..except I have a brand new slow thinkpad which is taking ages to back test.

Try BB or stoch and see if they survive '07 on a daily or H4 chart. I will

backtest '07 tonight on the daily, H4 and H1 and see what's going on.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
Try BB or stoch and see if they survive '07 on a daily or H4 chart. I will

backtest '07 tonight on the daily, H4 and H1 and see what's going on.

Rob

BBStoch also crashes on the H1 and H4. But DD is notably lower until "d-day". Have not tested daily as yet. What I need to do is organize the testing so I don't get caught up in a frenzy.

I will start testing UJ, EG and GY. Not sure which is the best one to focus on.

seank:
BBStoch also crashes on the H1 and H4. But DD is notably lower until "d-day". Have not tested daily as yet. What I need to do is organize the testing so I don't get caught up in a frenzy. I will start testing UJ, EG and GY. Not sure which is the best one to focus on.

The pairs that have tested with the lowest DD are UJ, EG, and EC. If you

can find additional pairs that pass the test, please advise.

Rob

Blessing Performance

Hi Rob,

I am still trading v5.1. USDJPY only and on TF daily. Since 1 May, my live account is up 65%. I am still trading the settings that you also traded live in the beginning of the year. This will be the first year ever that I will be making a profit istead of a loss.

Seems like there are quite a few developments regarding the ea.

Is it time to change?

Kind Regards

Eddie

For seank

You said my settings crashed in 2007, but I just ran a backtest and it passed,

but only on the H4 chart and not H1(which was great in '08/'09).

Rob

Files:

Lookin' good

Had some time to adjust variables and came up with this backtest. Not as

much profit as my standard settings, but the equity curve is really nice.

Drawdown only 22% over a two-year time period. The only thing I changed

was the MaxLevels and BE, which I dropped down to 7.

Rob

Files: