Blessing 2 - page 213

ChicagoRob:
Just got an email from IBFX, stating that after Nov. 29,

the maximum allowable leverage will be 100:1. I'm currently at 200:1, so I will have to take a close

look at the new margin call and stop out percentages.

I have a feeling it's not going to look good.

This is a screw job. This is just a part of the master plan

for the NFA to wipe out the retail trader.

Rob

I got the same thing lol

ChicagoRob:

the maximum allowable leverage will be 100:1. I'm currently at 200:1, so I will have to take a close

Rob

I believe that all standard IBFX accounts are already 100:1 and mini accounts are 200:1 or 400:1, depending on your set up. As long as you have Iron's recommended $2500/pair on a standard account and $250/pair in a mini it should be ok.

This will be the death of Blessing for many.

I have a stupid Q, where or how do I find out what leverage my IBfx acct is at? Oanda always had this info readily available, but for life of me, I cannot find it in MT4 or even logging into IBfx.com.

Also, anyone contact them about opening an acct in a non-NFA country?

ChicagoRob:

Rob

N ever

F 'ing

A gain

Those bastards! Who cares if your running 10,000 to 1. Will have 0 impact on the net % of losing traders anyway and only limit profit of those who use the leverage wisely.

ChicagoRob:

Rob

Guys,

I agree with you, Rob. I'm ticked at the NFA. I'm with IBFX, too. First, no hedging, then FIFO, and now they're taking leverage away. It looks to me like they're trying to kick the little guy out. Next year it will be 50:1, etc. down to 1:1. I'm at 200:1. I don't know, this could be dicey for Blessing.

I guess it's time to find another reputable broker that is not NFA regulated. Are there any out there that offer nano lot trading?

Aj

I had a chat session with IBFX yesterday. They must be pretty concerned

about losing clients, since they are in the midst of setting up a sister

company in the UK, which will not be NFA regulated.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
I had a chat session with IBFX yesterday. They must be pretty concerned

about losing clients, since they are in the midst of setting up a sister

company in the UK, which will not be NFA regulated.

Rob

I've heard it would be korea! are you sure it is the UK???

Here's their official response to my Q. Can you say bend over and assume the position? Don't bother squealing, it will only encourage them to ram it in harder You want to see something interesting, check out the attachment. I cut and pasted the info from data because I wanted see if there were any financial trends with IBfx.

Q: Is it possible to either close or transfer my acct to a non-NFA regulated IBfx country like the UK or Aus?

A: The NFA has been very active this year. Overall, I think they are trying to protect investors but they have caused a significant amount of frustration for both clients and brokers. IBFX is currently in the process of opening a UK based office that will be registered with the FSA. At this point we are not sure if we will be allowed to move our US clients to this new UK based company. We are hopeful this will be an option for you in a few months when that office is open for business.

Thank you,

Kent Isom

Client Services