Blessing 2 - page 205

Looks Great Smartman

smartman:
I started this IBFX demo micro-account on 22-Oct-08 with Blessing v3.3 with 4K USD (4 Majors on 4H chart with 0.01 lots, no MM)

I updated to Blessing 2 v5.0 on 13-April-09. A month later to v5.1 and I activated MM. with LAF = 0.4, portion = 4.

Graph shows from 11-Jun-09, is not complete because IBFX consolidates history from time to time.

I think the lowest free margin has been 7.000%, so it seems to be enough safe.

Thanks to the developers & contributors.

Smartman & All Developers & Contributors:

I have been forward testing Blessing 2 for about 4 months on 3 pairs (USDJPY, EURUSD, & AUDCAD. There has been some DD on the EURUSD pair but it survived and has continued to do well. My greatest success is with non-correlated pairs with some good results over the last two months. One set up is EURGBP, USDJPY, AUDCAD, EURCAD. $2500/pair-$10,000 total. Another is EURGBP, EURJPY, AUDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY. Always $2500/pair standard lot usually with MM on, 50% equity closure, portion control lower on more volatile pairs, ie EURJPY, EURCAD. I have found that it is better to stick to 3-4 non-correlated pairs/account. Return is 10-20% or better/month. If you run highly correlated pairs you are bound to fail.

Also, if there are any coders out there who are interested in helping me to incorporate a Blessing style grid into an EA a friend and I have developed let me know. The idea would be to use the grid & closing mechanism to control the DD when the trend changes. If anybody is interested, send me a PM.

Trader1

Post removed due to lack of interest...

ok so is anyone going to share some settings for those strange pairs. eurjpy eurgbp eurcad etc. your ideas are interestng for me but at leats for know i havbent seen anyone to propose exact settings for a certain pair.

feline207:
ok so is anyone going to share some settings for those strange pairs. eurjpy eurgbp eurcad etc. your ideas are interestng for me but at leats for know i havbent seen anyone to propose exact settings for a certain pair.

Here is the setup I'm running with eurgbp. It easily passed

the entire year of '08 and '09 without hitting EP. Profit

factor is very high and DD is lower than any other combo

I've tested for this test period.

For some unknown reason, I am unable to successfully

upload the .htm file.

Hi Trader

Looks like you have been doing well with non correlated pairs, and it is a good idea.

I'm interested in testing some of these pairs, can you post your set files. And I presume you are using Blessing 5.2

Trader1:
Smartman & All Developers & Contributors:

My greatest success is with non-correlated pairs with some good results over the last two months. One set up is EURGBP, USDJPY, AUDCAD, EURCAD. $2500/pair-$10,000 total. Another is EURGBP, EURJPY, AUDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY. Always $2500/pair standard lot usually with MM on, 50% equity closure, portion control lower on more volatile pairs, ie EURJPY, EURCAD. I have found that it is better to stick to 3-4 non-correlated pairs/account. Return is 10-20% or better/month. If you run highly correlated pairs you are bound to fail.

Trader1

Rob

Are you using standard settings on this pair? If not can you post your set file please.

I think one of the problems with eurgbp is that it is a slow mover and you could be in a position for weeks

ChicagoRob:
Here is the setup I'm running with eurgbp. It easily passed

the entire year of '08 and '09 without hitting EP. Profit

factor is very high and DD is lower than any other combo

I've tested for this test period.

For some unknown reason, I am unable to successfully

upload the .htm file.

pudseybear:
Rob

Are you using standard settings on this pair? If not can you post your set file please.

I think one of the problems with eurgbp is that it is a slow mover and you could be in a position for weeks

The settings are in the .htm, which I'm trying to upload.

The profitability of eurgbp is very good. The ADR is pretty

low, which is exactly what I like. The profit factor for my

setup is 3.15 over the 18-month period, which is higher

than I've ever been able to achieve with the other pairs.

Rob

Non-correllated sets

feline207:

Feline, et al.

Here are some non-correlated sets, however, you must adapt them to your own situations and brokers, ie. lot sizes including Standard vs. Micro accounts need to be experimented with. Most of my accounts use $ 0.10/pip. The main thing is that if you're not careful you will overleverage yourself. For example, I used the Micro account settings with $0.10/pip and found myself over leveraged because it will enter larger lot sizes than will the Standard acct. Do lots of experimenting. The main thing with using non-correlated pairs, is that you are trying to minimize risk because while one pair may be going into DD, the other pairs are stable and making money. Find 3-4 non-correlated pairs. A good place to figure out non-correlated pairs is here: Forex Correlation - Mataf.net. Attached is a pdf article on diversification and correlation. Good luck!

Trader1

Hit TP for a loss with FXDD

Has anyone ever encountered this ?

On Friday Blessing hit TP on level 4 just before market close on a sell position. I was expecting a gain...instead, my equity was reduced. Looking at the history I see net of -$10 on the trades. The level 4 was positive but 1-3 were negative. Is this due to spread ?

Is Blessing in error ?

Here's what happened:

0.03 Sell 1.4484 TP 1.4573 -- -$26

0.04 Sell 1.4528 TP 1.4573 -- - $18

0.06 Sell 1.4572 TP 1.4573 -- -$0.60

0.08 Sell 1.4616 TP 1.4573 -- $34

Is this Blessing making an error ??