Blessing 2 - page 85

IBFX anti Hedge?

I just got this e-mailed to me:

Dear Customers:

Interbank FX, along with all FCM's, has received information from the NFA that we wanted to pass along to our customers. All registered FCM's have received a new Compliance Rule 2-43 regarding forex trading. On May 15, 2009, forex customers will no longer be allowed open "hedged" positions in their accounts. Please see an excerpt from the new NFA rule below. If you are currently using Hedging as a trading strategy, we would encourage you to use the Interbank FX Demo accounts over the next month to help modify your trading strategy. Also, for those of you who utilize hedging strategy with your "Expert Advisors", we would encourage you modify your code and test your advisor on the Interbank FX Demo servers as well. In order to assure a smooth transition for our customers to the new NFA Compliance Rule, Interbank FX has set May 8, 2009 as the last date that customers will be able to Hedge open positions.

Interbank FX is committed to providing our customers with superb tools, real time news and analytics to help you to be a successful trader. Please do not hesitate to contact one of our customer service professionals if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Todd B. Crosland

Chairman and President

WTF ???

C

Nfa

NFA's phone number

312-781-1300

I was really surprised when I moved over to IBFX (from Oanda) that they even allowed hedging at all.

At first least glance, I don't like the new rule, but the more I think about it, hedging is really a crutch anyway. Either your trade plan works or it doesn't.

Hedge problem

Slack:
I was really surprised when I moved over to IBFX (from Oanda) that they even allowed hedging at all. At first least glance, I don't like the new rule, but the more I think about it, hedging is really a crutch anyway. Either your trade plan works or it doesn't.

I agree. Hedging can get messy. But sometimes it is needed to recover a position

Doesn't blessing use a hedge feature sometimes?

C

chuck8008:
I agree. Hedging can get messy. But sometimes it is needed to recover a position

Doesn't blessing use a hedge feature sometimes?

C

No it doesn't... at least that's what I thought (see my post above). Jeff's other EA, Piplite, does have a hedge feature.

Hedging in the manual

Slack:
No it doesn't... at least that's what I thought (see my post above). Jeff's other EA, Piplite, does have a hedge feature.

Ok cool. I thought I saw it in the manual. I will re-read it again.

Thanks-

C

Slack:
Please post the set file you used because the setting were definitely wrong.

Unfortunately I don't have it any more, as I re-used the VM for another robot and removed the old files. I'd be happy to re-start the review if someone could post (or link to) the most current and proper version of the robot and set file. I was honestly surprised to see Blessing fail after such a huge following here!

Togu:
Hi Poco,

About your site! it is very good site indeed, but I don't know in what reason you got me banned! I assume that you did it because of the donation that I promised long time ago and I'm sorry for that I couldn't keep my promise. But listen to my personal advice! Not everyone can afford to make a donation to your site, you just cannot simply ban people who can't to make a donation. I don't know what is it matter with u.

If you have intented your website for free usage then keep ur word my man! No offence but I will report you as spamming the thread with ur site!

Okay, thanks for that.

Anyway, you were banned from my site because you were discussing stealing commercial robots which is against my site rules and Terms of Use. I don't need donations from members and I don't ban them for not "paying up". Read the rules and don't break any copyright laws and you're welcome on my site.

Slack:
Jeff - I never seen, or least noticed, Blessing taking both sides of a trade before. Is this normal?

I've never seen this either, and I've worked with Blessing for over

a year, now. Very strange. Are you sure it wasn't a leftover trade

from a prior basket?

Rob

ChicagoRob:
I've never seen this either, and I've worked with Blessing for over

a year, now. Very strange. Are you sure it wasn't a leftover trade

from a prior basket?

Rob

Check the time both trades were entered; they're exactly the same.

Slack:
Check the time both trades were entered; they're exactly the same.

You're right. Technically, you've got a hedge going. Good thing it

isn't after May 15.

Rob