Blessing 2 - page 68

Thank you Antomi! Finally someone agree with me!!! This is a great idea and I have been trading it successfully for the past few weeks manually but would like to use Blessing2 instead. Please Jeff makes the change!!!! If anyone else agrees that this is an important feature to add to Blessing please post it here so Jeff will know how important this is.

thanks

mike

Antomi:
Chomper,

I agree totally with you and support this idea.

Why should we watch how Blessing is adding one trade after the other in the "wrong" direction. In the case that the price is above the MA it makes no sense to me to add more and more short trades.

This is also important for the first level.

Yes it is correct and a crucial part of Blessing to give the system enough breath to work, but we all know that there is a healthy breathing and a unhealty one.

The idea with the crossing EMA is excellent and hopefully Iron can do that. For others more tough guys this option can be switched off.

Any inputs from others, more experienced users?

Best

Antomi

1Dave7:
I sense this is a martingale strategy. What will prevent these blessing versions from getting wiped out like other martingale strategies??

Dave

<<<

The right balance, the right pair and set file, the

correct multiplier, and common sense. It's

actually a grid/martingale.

Rob

Antomi:
Rob,

what I mean by "approved" is, whether these settings are still valid, or in other words, still the best we could use.

Best

Antomi

I suppose newer files could be generated, but if

it ain't broke, why fix it?

There are quite a few members, here, who are using

the same files on live accounts, with good success.

I used to run this EA before Iron added his mods, and

it was still very good, even in the early stages.

Rob

Hemmorage stopping

Hello,

Started to run Blessing version 4.8 on demo graphs [EURUSD & GBPUSD - 15 MIN. this morning] The program selected microlots and by noon I was up $160.00 profit - Not bad for microlots!! But now it is 10PM and the program has been losing ground and is down to $126.00 profit - Still not bad, but seems the graphs are headed in the wrong direction and my losing trades will continue to lose more unless the graphs reverse.

My question, can a stop loss be coded into this version 4.8 or how can another program (preferably) automatically check all the outstanding open orders (Now 6 open orders - All losing ground) and if any order loses more than $10.00 it closes out that particular order??

Can anyone help with this problem with this EA?? Or help create an EA that resides on another graph and monitors the losses of each trade, and automatically closes out a trade that loses over $10.00 (Microlot trades). I would appreciate your help! I hate to bleed money when using EA's!

Dave

<<<

Blessing v5.0

All,

Boy, when you guys get me looking at the code, I see improvements that should have been made many versions ago.

While working on the autocal grid feature I realized that the grid adjustment factor is a very good feature. As it stood, it was only available if someone were to use autocal and with the old versions of Blessing on 5 decimal, EUR or AUD pairs, it simply didn't work.

Well, all that's changed. Version 4.9 was fixed however, I moved the GAF to allow someone to simply adjust the Grid via simply using a factor. No longer do you have to select autocal to get the GAF feature. You can simply adjust the Grid parameters with just the GAF.

The grid parameters of 25, 50, 100, 200 can now be adjusted with the GAF. The GAF is selectable in any format you desire, 1.0 is set as default. you can use .5 or .73 or .80 or whatever factor you want! This keeps the grid the same throughout usage on that pair. Autocal allows you to adjust the grid as the market moves which makes the grid "breathe" with the market.

Additionally, I normalized the grid factors to integers for use in the logic to avoid forever the divide by zero error no matter what broker you use. If you are new to Blessing, simply leave the GAF at 1.0. If you like to backtest to get optimum parameters, try adjusting the MA period first to find the best period. Then adjust the autocal from false to true to give that a try. Then adjust the grid. Or, you can now just simply adjust the GAF without autocal! Anyway you want, you now have the ability to work the grid numbers based on the pair you select!

So, for your EA pleasures, here's version 5.0

Happy Trading

v/r

Files:

Anyone using v5?

Anyone using the latest version, v5? If yes, what settings are you using?

Blessing Info

All,

Go hereand get Blessing v5.0. There was something in there called "Hedge Action" Warning. I properly changed it to Blessing 2 warning. Next, if you can, re read the manual for proper explainations of the settings.

Blessing is designed to work on a daily timeframe and in some cases, a 4 hour timeframe. Blessing will destroy your account on any timeframe less!

The autogrid feature is designed to let the grid "breathe" with the market. In you need to know what the default grid is (25, 50, 100 and 200) and what ATR will calculate on a daily/H4 chart for the pair you are trying. On the EURUSD, the autogrid will calculate a value for the gridstart number of 72 or so. That is significantly larger than the default! Adjust it with the GAF factor to get it down to around 25-35 and see what that gets you.

Again, auto grid features need to be "played" with to see what initial TP you get with .01 lots on a $2500 standard account and then adjusted for what you like.

I'll look at Chomper's suggestions but to date, over a year now, Blessing has never lost money for me live. The set files are in this thread and I hate to change an EA that just simply works if used properly.

v/r

Blessing 5

lron:
All,

Go hereand get Blessing v5.0. There was something in there called "Hedge Action" Warning. I properly changed it to Blessing 2 warning.

Iron, I use Vers. 5.0 and had yesterday the "Hedge Action" Warning. See post 669. According to your above statement this should be "Blessing 2 warning". Either the change does not work, or I you might use a newer V5 version. When did you made the change?

On the EURUSD, the autogrid will calculate a value for the gridstart number of 72 or so. That is significantly larger than the default! Adjust it with the GAF factor to get it down to around 25-35 and see what that gets you.

Can you please explain how the autogrid works? As I understood it takes the ATR (which period ?) and uses this value for the grid range. But as you say - I have recogniced that by experience - the autogrid takes a much too high grid range. What is the mathematical algorithm?

I'll look at Chomper's suggestions but to date, over a year now, Blessing has never lost money for me live. The set files are in this thread and I hate to change an EA that just simply works if used properly.

I understand completely (never change a running system), but I think this function would make the Blessing even a bigger blessing .

v/r

Anyhow thank you for all your marvelous work and please keep on going.

Best

Antomi

Chomper,

I agree, you have a good idea for avoiding unnecessary orders and so keeping the float at a reasonable level.

Would you mind sharing your EMA settings please?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

chomper:
Hi Jeff,

Could you add one small but very important feature to Blessing? Please make it an option so that the 2nd and more positions trades are placed only if EMA cross occurred AND pips is > than your Pip Step. Please see attach picture for better clarity.

Thanks for all your work and looking forward to this new feature soon.

Mike

yes correct

Antomi:
Alex,

Thank you.

As I understand I have to change the MN directly in the code (see attached image) since it is not possible to change it in the property mask (inputs) and save it than under a different name. Correct?

Antomi