Blessing 2 - page 15

Backtest Charts

All,

I could only upload 5 files per post. Backtesting results are attached here.

v/r

JBear:
Hi George

I have it set to default which is 0.2 and the Micro set to false.

I have tried both Mini and Lot sizes but they still wont open any trades

I have checked the Journal tab and now I am getting the following

2008.10.19 02:07:47 2008.09.24 18:22 Blessing 2 v3.3 update USDJPY,M15: s2

2008.10.19 02:07:47 2008.09.24 18:22 Blessing 2 v3.3 update USDJPY,M15: OrderSend error 131

Regards

Jnr

Have a similar problem if I set MM = true. Works OK if false. (also on version update2) Have checked what I can with my limited coding knowledge. Put a Print in the code and this is the result.

Blessing 2 v3.3 update2 USDJPY,M5:

s2...Ask:102.28

Price:102.57

TP2 :103.07

lot : 0.03 --- this could be the problem as the smallest lot for me is 0.1

In the setting the lot is set at 0.2. I seem to be missing something here.

Jeff -- could you please comment on this.

garethc:
Have a similar problem if I set MM = true. Works OK if false. (also on version update2) Have checked what I can with my limited coding knowledge. Put a Print in the code and this is the result.

Blessing 2 v3.3 update2 USDJPY,M5:

s2...Ask:102.28

Price:102.57

TP2 :103.07

lot : 0.03 --- this could be the problem as the smallest lot for me is 0.1

In the setting the lot is set at 0.2. I seem to be missing something here.

Jeff -- could you please comment on this.

Hi Gareth

That is it. With the MM set to False the program now works. This suggests that it will only work with Micro accounts if you are going to use Money management or you need to up your Risk to something like 30.0

Thanks

Regards

Jnr

madscalp:
Hi Rob

I like also this system and I don't know why there is not more enthusiasm about this EA.

Please could you post your set and your results ?

Do you let run the EA 24 hours a day?

Regards.

Thats because everyone is trading with it and making $$$ LOL,... Shhhhh it's a secret....

jalva321:
Thats because everyone is trading with it and making $$$ LOL,... Shhhhh it's a secret....

So you too ?

Congratulations.

Maybe your live results very soon ?

Money Management

All,

I found Blessing only Backtests with FXDD properly. Money Management works to enable to trade down to microlots of .02. Microlots of .01 throw Blessing into a bit of a tizzy.

Folks, this thing does make money except you really have to be careful. It needs a lot of room to run which means a larger floating negative P/L. I have highly suggested that you not run this on an account with less than 5K starting using microlots down to .02 starting. I have run numerous backtests on Blessing on the USDJPY and there are times it carries a P/L of greater than 50% of your account balance. That's high and that's with microlots!

The Money Management code works just fine in forward testing. I use IBFX, FXDD and Tradeview and they are are cooking along with MM enabled and working properly.

I will soon be posting updated results with several significant improvements to Blessing. Here's a preview:

Equity Protection

Broker decimal selection

Hard Number Starting Account Balance for Equity Protection

Automatic grid construction

Grid management to curve fit to pair being used

Menu selection of settings

Again, if you want to properly backtest Blessing, download FXDD onto a seperate computer and run clean backtest data downloaded from Metatrader. You must recalculate the data often because it gets corrupts from time to time.

More to Follow...

v/r

Jeff

Backtesting

Folks,

I must apologize for my previous posts. I stated I use FXDD as my backtester platform. That is incorrect. I used IBFX on a separate computer.

I go to the history section for the pair(s) I want to test and delete all data from all timeframes. I then download just the M1. If it says there is no new data, I just simply do it again until the M1 populates. I keep doing this until it finally comes up with a window that asks, "there is no new data, would you like to recalculate all timeframes?". I then select yes, shut down IBFX, restart it and go back to the pair I want to backtest. I then hit download again. The same question is asked and I say yes again.

Only then will I backtest that pair. It may backtest to 90% but you really want to look at the tick errors. It should say 0. Only then can you be fairly confident of your backtesting.

v/r

Please Iron experiment with the BElevel parameter, I find if you set it at around 6 to 11 then it really breakevens the trades and stops those HORRIBLE cycles which murder the account.

Backtest

George,

Initial Backtest on the BELevel of 11 is positive. I am putting this setting in my new Blessing which should debut in the next few days. Thanks for your input. It does seem to help protect trades. More to follow...

v/r

Money Management

All,

If you are having a problem with Money Management, the set files I have attached have a low risk level set. It is set at 3 or 3.2 on some set files. This will only take out a lot of .02 or greater. If your account dips below about 5000K, Blessing will try to take .01 lots or less. It does not like this!

If you are running a micro account, say $500, you will need to change the risk to 30 or 32 to get the lots up to .1 or so. EAs have a tough time taking out lots less than .01!

Only you know what your account type is. If your account is micro and you are using $500 or so, your pip is work a penny and .02 lots is two cents and so on. Remember, your risk regarding your margin remains the same as your margin out relative to your balance is the same as a larger acount balance.

Finally, setting MM to 0 will allow manual lots, just like the original!! I am running money management on a $50K demo. Blessing gets me around $900/day alone....num said..

v/r