Blessing 2 - page 12

ChicagoRob Can you help me please? what values for MA and in what period, your lot size comparing to your account balance) and in what pair you use it?

If anybody more can post it here i will appreciate.

thanks

Luis

lron:
Guys,

Although I didn't program Blessing, I did change the code slightly to allow it to trade down to microlot much better. I've running it on several different demos and it's been most profitable. Yesterday I tweaked the set files to keep the total trades out down to a much better level.

I've found that the only true way to use Blessing is on and account size larger than $5000. It's a hedging EA and need room and capital to breathe and run with. I've attached the set files that are working for me. I have not lost with this EA in two months.

v/r

Jeff

you set some parameters but in v3.3 you cant do it, what version you use? thank you.

5 decimals

Hi all,

I am very impressed by the Blessing strategies. I have been using the original Blessing on my live account for a while untill I found this thread. Blessing2 looks even better

However, I was demoing on Alpari and they changed from 4 to 5 decimals. This Blessing version does not work anymore

I was wondering if someone could look into it and try to improve this strategy even more

Thanks for this great EA

Chris

monomonono:
ChicagoRob Can you help me please? what values for MA and in what period, your lot size comparing to your account balance) and in what pair you use it?

If anybody more can post it here i will appreciate.

thanks

Luis

I'm using Blessing2 at defaults, on a $3K account, at .02 lots. Pairs that

work well are are listed on the IBFX Power Stats chart. I use ones that

have low,daily movement, such as usdjpy,usdchf, usdcad, eurusd, eurcad.

I ran a demo with six of these pairs that pulled down some serious profits.

The lot size was too high at .1, but it didn't blow. I've since come back

down to earth and have realized that, again, conservative is key. I

wouldn't run more than two pairs on $3K at .02 lots. - .01 lots would

probably be more prudent.

Rob

Crash72:
Hi all,

I am very impressed by the Blessing strategies. I have been using the original Blessing on my live account for a while untill I found this thread. Blessing2 looks even better

However, I was demoing on Alpari and they changed from 4 to 5 decimals. This Blessing version does not work anymore

I was wondering if someone could look into it and try to improve this strategy even more

Thanks for this great EA

Chris

Have you tried adding a zero to some of the variables like Gridset1, TP_set1 etc.

Blessing Update

All,

I've been following Blessing as most of you have. I tweaked it a while back to add money management and trade even better down to micro lots. I posted that updated version but realized the money management code was a bit off. I fixed it and it rocks even better. I've backtested this EA and it's done nothing but make money on all my demo accounts!

I'm posting the "fixed" Blessing that uses Money Management and trades down to micro lots better. I've attached the backtest set files for 3 pairs that are currently rocking! For those with 5 decimal brokers, you have to change your settings to accomodate the 5 decimals. I've attached a 5 decimal set file for USDJPY. You can adjust the other two based on review of the set files.

I stated on a post a while back that you need to have a minimum of 5K to run a hedging EA such as Blessing. Don't be tempted to go higher then the settings in these set files! Blessing could take out as many as 8-9 open trades in a Martingale hedge fashion which could quickly kill your margin, especially on an IBFX account. These set files start out trading around .01 to .02 lots but with money management on, it could grow quickly with this EA.

Use Money Management. Setting lots in the EA does nothing if you use Money Management. If you turn MM off, then the manual lot set function takes over.

Have fun with this!

v/r

Jeff

Iron why you write:

Variable,F=Some valor

Variable,1

Variable,2

Variable,3

What F,1,2,3 mean?

And you are using this EA with real money or in a demo account?

thank you

lron:
All,

I've been following Blessing as most of you have. I tweaked it a while back to add money management and trade even better down to micro lots. I posted that updated version but realized the money management code was a bit off. I fixed it and it rocks even better. I've backtested this EA and it's done nothing but make money on all my demo accounts!

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for your efforts -we all appreciate it very much. This is a GREAT

EA and deserves all the attention it can. My demo accounts have been

making money hand over fist, with no imminent blow-outs. Your tweaks

should make this EA even more reliable.

I'm glad I got back into this thread, because, quite honestly, I'd rather

see development with Blessing2 than with the other cookie-cutter EAs

so prevalent on this forum.

Rob

Hi Iron

Can you tell me what I do with the .set extensions

If they are for the EA then where are they placed.If they are records then what program do I need to open them with

Thanks in advance

JBear

JBear:
Hi Iron

Can you tell me what I do with the .set extensions

If they are for the EA then where are they placed.If they are records then what program do I need to open them with

Thanks in advance

JBear

Copy them into your presets folder. Then open your EA and "load" the

file. Easy as pie.

Rob