Progress of the ElectricSavant Challenge™ - page 2

Here are some results from the 1K they started with:

Lily (statistical) Equity = $956.87

Eurox2 v5b (indicator) Equity = $977.27

Kendra_MBHedge (hedging) Equity = $995.38

jerung ES2 (indicator) Equity = $980.02

AE86 Turbo (scalping) TBD

I just wanted to announce that the AE86 Turbo is funded, downloaded and has made it's first trade.

All 5 Challenges are operating and competing.

All are welcome ...please check in from "time-to-time" to see who wins!

ES

Hi ES my observation:

If you are only willing to lose 30% of the account, why not just put the unused 70% in a separate savings account. That way you can risk the entire forex account w/ only 30% of your bankroll exposed.

The other 70% offsets some losses. I mean, what is the point of the exta 70% if it isn't risked and isn't making any money?

Edit) 30% was confused from 2 posts ago and should be 17.

Why not just open an Oanda account then?...they pay 4.9% interest on all the money at all times even the leveraged amount...

ES

I noted the edit and corrected the quote

tdion:
Hi ES my observation:

If you are only willing to lose 17% of the account, why not just put the unused 83% in a separate savings account. That way you can risk the entire forex account w/ only 30% of your bankroll exposed.

The other 83% offsets some losses. I mean, what is the point of the exta 83% if it isn't risked and isn't making any money?

There is another thing that I have discovered about Coders....I find that not one of them even mentions the money they can win...they seem to not even count with that...its the Challenge™ !

This is a tough contest...and the one that beats this...well he/she will accomplish the seemingly impossible feat.

I find that Traders are competitive, but not necessarily...all of them...they can be very quiet when they are doing what they really are paid to do...or what the essence is...With a Trader it is to make money...Maybe I am interjecting too much of myself here...but I believe that most traders want to make money.

ES

I am going to interject another observation...I have read EVERY post in this Forum...well I might have missed three...

Anyway's..

Most traders will tolerate a 30% drawdown to achieve their goals...now if they get larger yields because of that...well then it is warranted...but I will venture to say that they fail before winning...

The ones that concentrate on drawdown first are the professionals...and seem to last the longest...but again their yields are not triple digit...

To not confuse everybody...the reason I posted this post, was to interject that I am not naive by posting a 17% Challenge. I realize what the real world is and what Forex is...Yes this is a hard Challenge...and Newbies read and learn...some of the best cannot trade without HUGE risk in Forex. Newbies..I am not preaching to you...this is the real hard proof unfolding before your eye's...do you want to continue in denial?...so be it....

ES

ES, this is probably not the right thread for this question, but as it has popped-up - have you traded stocks much, and if it's not too personal, what was the result? imo, stocks are probably the easiest way to make money - only one variable involved (time), as opposed to 3 with forex (buy,sell, time).

Please re-read a few posts up as there are some late edits...not only by me this time...hehe...(I am well known for my late edits)

ES

What is this?..... torture?

I have already confessed about my success in ALL trading over my entire lifetime?

could you please mail me some nails...and a hammer...I have the Cross...

ES

omelette:
ES, this is probably not the right thread for this question, but as it has popped-up - have you traded stocks much, and if it's not too personal, what was the result? imo, stocks are probably the easiest way to make money - only one variable involved (time), as opposed to 3 with forex (buy,sell, time).

ElectricSavant:
What is this?..... torture?

I have already confessed about my success in ALL trading over my entire lifetime?

could you please mail me some nails...and a hammer...I have the Cross...

ES

LOL! No, it wasn't an inqusition-type query - just genuinely curious. I am aware of your stated results, but I was wondering why you were unprofitable trading stocks - was it buy-and-hold trading that was your undoing or something else? Personally, most of my profits (and losses) came from stocks, and I learnt the hard way that 'Buy-and-Hold' is a no-no - my biggest loser was a longterm "sure-thing" that I held without taking profits, and even though I was up $100k on paper at one stage, I ended with a $58k d/d overnight. It taught me a valuable lesson, though I didn't think so at the time! Anyway, just something to think about...