Join me for lower spreads - page 2

If you want MT4, then it's sure your prices will be manipulated.

Move on a brok who does not have MT4.

INTERACTIVE BROKERS

DUKAS COPY

That's all.

Big Joe:
If you want MT4, then it's sure your prices will be manipulated.

Move on a brok who does not have MT4.

INTERACTIVE BROKERS

DUKAS COPY

That's all.

Certainly Metaquotes works for the brokers that pay for the platform, but when I traded with MIG the first time, I withdrew about twice the amount that I put in and I got my money within a few days. Can they manipulate the price? Absolutely, but you can get that anywhere, including ECNs!

I think both of the brokers you mentioned are good, but not always the best spreads with exotics, and last time I checked, Dukascopy wasn't carrying very many pairs to trade, and the EURAUD spread was outrageous! Again, depending on your style of trading, they may be the best for you, but for what I am trying to do, not even close.

Willis11of12:
Certainly Metaquotes works for the brokers that pay for the platform, but when I traded with MIG the first time, I withdrew about twice the amount that I put in and I got my money within a few days. Can they manipulate the price? Absolutely, but you can get that anywhere, including ECNs! I think both of the brokers you mentioned are good, but not always the best spreads with exotics, and last time I checked, Dukascopy wasn't carrying very many pairs to trade, and the EURAUD spread was outrageous! Again, depending on your style of trading, they may be the best for you, but for what I am trying to do, not even close.

That's right, everone needs something different

I hope you will find what you search for.

But i think you could re-check DUKAS, after all checking is free

On the EURAUD, now we are at 0.5 pips spread.

Willis11of12:
I am considering creating a joint account in order to have the $500,000 needed to open an Institutional Account at MIG Investments. I can invest up to about $100,000 of my own money, but I am unable to reach $500,000 with my own equity, even if I sold my house and put the whole thing in! But with a Joint Institutional account we would get a 1 pip spread on the EURUSD and USDJPY as well as lower spreads on many other pairs such as EURAUD and the GBPJPY for only 5 pips!

Anyway, in short, for very active traders such as myself, it would make the difference of about 90 pips on my more active days. No, I'm not making that up, that is what I calculated the other day when I had many trades on a Thursday either last week, or the week before, and it was trading the exotics.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts about this idea or have serious intrest (meaning you can invest a larger amount of money like I am), please post here or send me a message.

Happy trading everyone!

you want to collect $500,000 into an account under your name - sounds legit, where do i sign up

Just take a look varengoldbankfx.

Currenex

0 pip Min. Variable Spread

250,000 USD Min. Deposit

81 Currency Pairs

No Dealer Intervention

Metatrader

1 pip Min. Variable Spread

1,000 USD Min. Deposit

21 Currency Pairs

No Dealer Intervention

trevman:
you want to collect $500,000 into an account under your name - sounds legit, where do i sign up

I think if you want to sign up for something like that, you should go to somewhere like "iwanttogetscamed.com"

Actually, I talked to MIG concerning a joint account and they told me we could have the account set up so that each party in the joint account could only withdraw the percentage that they put in. Honestly, I don't like to connect myself to others funds. I have had several people talk to me concerning investing for them and I've told most of them no. I have only invested for one friend and two people in my family. I am still not sure if I want to do this, I'm merely looking into it to see if it is even something that there would is interest in. So no, the money would not be in my name except for the portion that was deposited by me, and the same for everyone else.

Big Joe:
That's right, everone needs something different

I hope you will find what you search for.

But i think you could re-check DUKAS, after all checking is free

On the EURAUD, now we are at 0.5 pips spread.

WOW! If Dukascopy is generally giving spreads like that, maybe you're right! I better give them another look. Plus, last I checked with them there was actually a way to use MT4 if you wanted. Thanks for the tip Joe! Honestly, I'd rather not have my strategy getting out to others if I can do this on my own. Sounds selfish I know, but I'm just afraid of problems with my ideas getting out.

4xtrader:
Just take a look varengoldbankfx.

Currenex

0 pip Min. Variable Spread

250,000 USD Min. Deposit

81 Currency Pairs

No Dealer Intervention

Metatrader

1 pip Min. Variable Spread

1,000 USD Min. Deposit

21 Currency Pairs

No Dealer Intervention

I just downloaded their MT4 demo, and all the pairs that I checked were higher than MIG's spreads. It may be that they are showing a little wider than they usually are during the week if they are variable spreads. I can check them out again later during the week. Thanks for the tip to investigate.

Willis11of12:
They requote a lot. And more frustrating to me is the pending order/TP that hits on the chart and doesn't filll. When I point it out to them, they usually just tell me it was a "wrong quote." Other than that, I really like them.

Lol, "wrong quote" - you should press them for a better explanation.

forexmoments:
Lol, "wrong quote" - you should press them for a better explanation.

Yeah, I have pressed them on it several times, but they rarely correct it. When I've forced them to give a better explanation, they tell me that sometimes one bank will have an error and all the other banks are about the same price, and that shows up as a false spike and they won't fill it. THey tell me this is a problem with all brokers. I have had a similar problem with Oanda, but it is much less frequent over there, so that part of MIG is less favorable, but it still isn't on very many of my trades, and I still make a profit.