Give me the Power - page 2

Newdigital,

If you are getting a lot of spam user registrations, I have dealt with this in my own private boards using phpbb. So far, I have not had any new unwanted spammer bots after I implements some simple changes to the code. If you do indeed have this problem, send me a PM, I can point you to the right codes to stop them.

Once they register, there is really no way to stop them from posting. So I take preventative action to stop them from registering. Then you can also implement another mod to prevent new users with less than x posts from posting urls. Anyways, good luck. I've been kicking back lately since there isn't any new bots to deal with.

One Post Spammers

ND

To stop the one post spammers with the sex, durgs, and PP' strechers. Mybe you should start a new rule for the forum that would restrict new members from posting till they have more then one post. That will stop the spamming here.

Keit

edit[ You can remove this thread after you stop laughing and get off the floor.....]

Yes, it is good idea.

I just checked out your registration process. It is very weak. Your word recognition validation process in your registration is not enough anymore, instead, you should use simple questions that bots cannot answer.

The best way to prevent spam is to not allow spam bots to even register. Spam programmers are going to take the time to get around Google's gmail validation, but they are not going to take the time to crack individual sites like this. It is very easy to insert code into the registration process to prevent spam bots.

cockeyedcowboy:
ND

To stop the one post spammers with the sex, durgs, and PP' strechers. Mybe you should start a new rule for the forum that would restrict new members from posting till they have more then one post. That will stop the spamming here.

Keit

edit[ You can remove this thread after you stop laughing and get off the floor.....]

Hahahaha!!! We'd have a VERY informative discussion forum then, wouldn't we Newdigital? LOL!

^^ Hehe, it'll be dead, not informative.

newdigital:
It is not difficult because almost all spam which is not related to the forex is coming from one country (Russia). But the problem is that they are using the robots to post the spam, most of them are not visiting the forum phisically, don't speak English and changing IP addressess all the time using some free software.

smart guys , maybe we should ask them to program some experts that would give them some money and keep them busy from posting spam