Mp6140's Hedge - page 7

I made a hack to let the ea handle all 7 times at one chart.

Now we can backtest...

It is not tested for now, maybe there are some bugs in it.

Files:

BigBoppa:
I made a hack to let the ea handle all 7 times at one chart.

Now we can backtest...

It is not tested for now, maybe there are some bugs in it.

Excellent coding, BigBoppa ! Hopefully someone can backtest this EA now. It will be interesting to see if the UseBreakEven switch will be better or not when looking at long term profit/account growth.

Attached is my statement for the past 3 weeks. As you can see a few stayed open for a day or so but all came back to profit. I'm using the 8pm EST method with 10 pip TP. YES, EVEN ON IBFX WITH A 4 PIP SPREAD IT STILL DID VERY WELL.

Azmel, if you get a chance can you consider my request on adjusting the EA to handle 5 decimal places? I have no plans to stay with IBFX and Velocityfx offers a 2.5 pip spread on gbpusd so I'm likely to switch.

Mark

Files:
statement_2.htm  20 kb

mjramos76:
Attached is my statement for the past 3 weeks. As you can see a few stayed open for a day or so but all came back to profit. I'm using the 8pm EST method with 10 pip TP. YES, EVEN ON IBFX WITH A 4 PIP SPREAD IT STILL DID VERY WELL. Mark

=================================================

FUNNY, SEEMS TO BE AN ECHO IN HERE !

mp

mjramos76:

Azmel, if you get a chance can you consider my request on adjusting the EA to handle 5 decimal places? I have no plans to stay with IBFX and Velocityfx offers a 2.5 pip spread on gbpusd so I'm likely to switch.

Mark

Mark,

I have posted a new version at page 1, which is version 3.21. This version should be able to handle 5 decimal places, although I have not personally tested it yet as I haven't open a VelocityFX account.

I've also moved BigBoppa's 3.31 to page 1 as well. I haven't look at it yet, but I will be integrating BigBoppa's features into all future releases.

psperos:
Another thing I was thinking ,when looking at this ea specifically, is the best defense on a losing day might be a good offense on the winning days.. What if after the hedge is placed… as soon as the first TP hits, and new trade is added to the existing position with the same TP as the existing.. You increase your risk, but on the winning days you make more to dampen a future loss by geting 40 pips a day instead of 20.

psperos,

Your countertrade idea is a very good one. I will try to code something up soon.

Regards,

Azmel.

fxshadow:
Because some broker's don't allow scalping (however the broker defines it), it would be good to modify the EA to have a hidden TP that the broker can't see.

Here are some "to-do" list for the EA (items highlighed in green italics have been completed):

-Make the buy and sell comments user-defined to avoid brokers hunting down specific comments which points to this EA.

-Incorporating a "Break-Even" feature for the remaining trade once the other trade takes profit. This is to minimise risk for those with bigger spreads. Thanks to fxshadow for this idea.

-Incorporating a "CounterTrade" feature to add another trade when the first trade hits TP. This is to double the total winnings on a single hedge. Thanks to psperos for this idea.

-Invisible mode to hide the TP value to avoid brokers hunting down scalpers as well as for those who cannot place TP less than 10.

-Multiple hedging. A single EA that will handle as many hedging as the user wishes per day without the need to open multiple charts. Thanks to BigBoppa for the coding.

Hi thanks for all of the work on this - can I ask how the latest 3.1 EA manages what could be multiple open GBP trades with one magic number? I note with the previous 2.1 version we had so assign different magic numbers per time frame.

Thanks again,

Peter.

peter34:
Hi thanks for all of the work on this - can I ask how the latest 3.1 EA manages what could be multiple open GBP trades with one magic number? I note with the previous 2.1 version we had so assign different magic numbers per time frame.

Thanks again,

Peter.

EDIT: It is not necessary to use different magic numbers as the ea just opens positions. To modify orders at break even the orders are identified by ticket(number) which are stored in an internal array.

This becomes a problem if the ea is restarted and the tickets are lost. We have to improve this for running live.

mjramos76:
Attached is my statement for the past 3 weeks. As you can see a few stayed open for a day or so but all came back to profit. I'm using the 8pm EST method with 10 pip TP. YES, EVEN ON IBFX WITH A 4 PIP SPREAD IT STILL DID VERY WELL.

Mark

can you look at IBFX 9/27/2007, 1GMT GBPUSD Entry 2.0145 sell?

how long will it take to clear sell order? (cleared 12/17, highest dd: 2.1143?)

will it be still worthy of trying?

thanks.