Forex vs Poker - page 14

Bongo:
Hi All,

Forex vs Poker?

This is my question.

What is the different?

Bongo

Very Interesting Post you have and I must reply to this because I play Poker and Trade forex Both. Both are actually very different things as Poker has limited possibilites and depends on the initial cards you get.

I play poker online too via pokerstars. one very interesting thing i came across recently is this website fxarena.com .. they have combined the basics of poker rooms to forex. its something very unbelievelable.. and as im fond of poker and forex both i simply love it. so now i can join forex rooms as well, just like i m used to joining poker rooms.. uve to check it out if you are familiar with poker and forex both..

but for me, forex is better than poker, because it involves more knowledge and skills than poker does.

just my own opinion though..

Isn't that site just another way of gambling?

whisperer:
Isn't that site just another way of gambling?

Exactly - whenever you make people compete for money, that is gambling

Trading is not trading against somebody or someone and it never was. If it becomes the "I am better than you" then it is the end of trading

mullidi:
Very Interesting Post you have and I must reply to this because I play Poker and Trade forex Both. Both are actually very different things as Poker has limited possibilites and depends on the initial cards you get.

I play poker online too via pokerstars. one very interesting thing i came across recently is this website fxarena.com .. they have combined the basics of poker rooms to forex. its something very unbelievelable.. and as im fond of poker and forex both i simply love it. so now i can join forex rooms as well, just like i m used to joining poker rooms.. uve to check it out if you are familiar with poker and forex both..

but for me, forex is better than poker, because it involves more knowledge and skills than poker does.

just my own opinion though..

Sorry guy : any competition in trading is just gambling.

Sure you can categorize it as gambling, but its not purely gambling i suppose.. we do all have a gambler inside us if we are not a risk averse person. anyways, i just shared, because its something that tries to combine the thrill of poker and trading.. something i really liked..

Any competition in trading classifies it as gambling. There is not trading and competing : competing against the market? Come on

Interesting how many posts about things that should never be compared

morro:
Any competition in trading classifies it as gambling. There is not trading and competing : competing against the market? Come on

well since the initial discussion has diverted to a totally different direction. If you look at modern real-time trading in markets overall, isn't it kinda like a competition too? Some lose, others win their money.

mullidi:
well since the initial discussion has diverted to a totally different direction. If you look at modern real-time trading in markets overall, isn't it kinda like a competition too? Some lose, others win their money.

Sorry, but I will agree that we disagree

It is not about wining, It is about earning. Trading is a job. Not a race

People often confuse earning for wining. That should tell us a lot what is the true interest of some people in trading