Forex vs Poker - page 7

very similar logic, but I think you have better odds with forex and less frustration

online poker is a joke.

real life poker is completely different story.

My thought is even though poker and forex might not be similar the type of thinking of the poker players and traders is a bit similar. Both need to estimate the current situation and decide whether you go up or down with what you have in your hand. And every time you're taking the risk when betting/trading cause you can miss the trend break as well as you can loose with full-house.

I don't like poker, for some reasons i find it boring. Forex is much more catching.

JeanFX:
I don't like poker, for some reasons i find it boring. Forex is much more catching.

I love to play poker just for fun and agree it is not interesting as Forex. But no different after a couple of years.

Been Playing Online poker since 3 weeks now alongside with trading.

My thoughts are that it's very very random, the cards on the table as well as the cards to come in the next hands as well as the cards many other players are holding, plus the bets (not to mention the stealers who fake bet a lot to make you fold) and also the probability that you have the best set of cards to generate the win.

I think forex is much simpler and easier to bet compared to poker.

Comparing forex to poker is strange. One is a job and the other is gambling. You can not bluff your terminal

The are nearly the same

If we reduce it to theory of games, they might be similar

But since the lack of randomness in forex that is present in games is too obvious (that is pseudo randomness in forex - not randomness)

Ah, "pseudo randomness". I haven't heard it for so long a time

A question : today EURUSD is about 1.3400. What are the odds that tomorrow it will be between 1.3300 and 1.3500? Exatly! Almost 100%. That is the pseudo randomness that a lot of people are forgetting about. Good to hear the word again

mikkom:
I was just discussing about this with one friend of mine who is a professional poker player, after a long talk we came to a conclusion that poker is always based on limited set of probabilities whereas forex is much harder to predict and there are really no definite ways to calculate actual probabilities for forex.

I am trading in Forex from some time and I am agree with your point that Forex is much harder to predict then poker.