OzFx System :) 100-800 Pips Per Trade - page 7

forextrader123321:
Hello,

Thank you for your great work with the EA.

I just did a back test of the EURUSD.

It seems like there is a problem with the way the EA close the open orders.

It open 5 buys at the beginning of the test. Close 4 of then in T/P but let the remaining stays open and never open more orders.

As PyeR2 has successfully backtested this EA several times above, I suspect it is down to your modelling quality.

But just FYI, the 5th trade does not have a TP value. It is let loose until the next signal arrives.

azmel:
As PyeR2 has successfully backtested this EA several times above, I suspect it is down to your modelling quality. But just FYI, the 5th trade does not have a TP value. It is let loose until the next signal arrives.

The problem is MT4 is not 100% reliable for backtesting.

Ea cant backtest

I have enough data but it writes me no margin nno money

i start from 10k and 100k still same

azmel:
Thank you mrebersv for adding the 200SMA into the EA.

After looking at the codes, I'm afraid you got it in reverse.

I've modified the codes so that the 200SMA rules are correct as per OzFx's post on page 1.

I've also re-wrote the closing trades subroutine so the errors that PyeR2 encounter (should) no longer appear.

PyeR2, grateful if you could backtest this EA with and without MoneyManagement. I have not set my backtest facility to give a high modelling quality.

If this shows promise, we can start forward-testing this full time.

Regards,

Azmel.

Backtest EUR/USD v1.2

Alrighty,

I think it is getting there but as someone pointed out above, it does not reopen any new positions whilst ever it still has that '5th' one still open - see screen shot.

Also I was only able to backtest with MM set to true. Setting it to false resulted in error messages in journal (EURUSD,Daily: OrderSend error 131).

You can see from screenshot that there conditions where a short position should have been opened.

Thanks everyone for spending your precious time to write and test the EA. I am really looking forward to the results.

Lets hope that we get somewhere before the start of next week so that we can start the forward test.

Thanks again. Really appreciate

Cheers,

Oz

prasxz:
hi,

OZ how about effective SL for daily chart ?

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Hi prasxz,

Effective SL is tricky and hence I've already a post on it on my blog. Try this: Advance Stop Loss (SL)

Cheers,

Oz

stace:
Ea cant backtest

I have enough data but it writes me no margin nno money

i start from 10k and 100k still same

The same problem EA try to open very big lot

Dezil:
The same problem EA try to open very big lot

You probably need to reduce your MM (money management) in 'expert properties'. The default is 80%, I ran my backtst at 20%.

Corrections are underway

PyeR2 has just showed me the cause of why the EA let the 5th trade run loose while missing good signals.

I didn't see this before because the original EA (v1.0) was written without the 200SMA filter in mind, thus the signal pattern would obviously be long-short-long-short etc.

But with the 200SMA filter in place, it could just be short-short-short as the longs are filtered out. The 5th trade from a short signal is patiently waiting for the next long signal to arrive to close itself while missing all the other incoming shorts.

Well... brushing all the technicalities aside, I will make the necessary correction this weekend.

azmel:
Thank you mrebersv for adding the 200SMA into the EA.

After looking at the codes, I'm afraid you got it in reverse.

Oops! That's what I get for coding in a computer I can't actually test it on. Thanks for the fix, Azmel.

-MRE-