[REQ] Polynomial Regression - page 4

Why are people renaming polynomial regression to COG? Does not make sense

whisperer:
Why are people renaming polynomial regression to COG? Does not make sense

It is not the "people" in this case.

It started from French guy that renamed polynomial regression (for all the usual purposes), even got an award at some IT fare (makes me wonder what kind of IT experts gave that award when polynomial regression can be recognized from a plane), and after that some people that did not recognize polynomial regression either, just inherited the name

So, it was done on purpose once, and after that it was just a matter of not knowing what exactly are they using

mladen:
It is not the "people" in this case.

It started from French guy that renamed polynomial regression (for all the usual purposes), even got an award at some IT fare (makes me wonder what kind of IT experts gave that award when polynomial regression can be recognized from a plane), and after that some people that did not recognize polynomial regression either, just inherited the name

So, it was done on purpose once, and after that it was just a matter of not knowing what exactly are they using

All the usual reasons

PascalD:
All the usual reasons

Yes. But I will repeat : most of people simply do not know this story and they go by inertia, and inherit the name. The first step was "all the usual reasons", the rest is simple inertia and lack of information

mladen:
Yes. But I will repeat : most of people simply do not know this story and they go by inertia, and inherit the name. The first step was "all the usual reasons", the rest is simple inertia and lack of information

They probably like the name COG (center of gravity) better. But since there is already another center of gravity indicator, it is terribly misleading

One more version of Polynomial Regression regression_mt4_v2.ex4

Files: