Join the Dots. - page 65

Nice start to the weekend, thanks.

I never started as a "bad trader" Just an ignorant one.

The more I learnt and read, the more successful I became.

I still read and learn a lot this way, it's the way to go, read, read, read, but be careful of what you absorb, not everything you read is good for you.

Hey Actudoran, nice to have a trading buddy in the same time zone, I'm in South Africa and thanks a bunch for the heads up on the GBP thingy.

I do have a friend that writes code and have put this method on our todo list. I have sent Jimmy a note asking him to take a look at your post to see how it differs from what we have discussed previously.

Drop me a PM, and we can take this thing to a new level or try at least see if we can discuss the pro's and cons of creating an EA from our combined brain power.

Have a great weekend.

Wayne

Sure thing buddy

hey Kamper! sure thing buddy ! I'd love to drop you a pm but don't have 10 posts yet although you'd find that I joined since quite a while ago... I only post when I got something constructive to say about one thing or the other as I believe our role is to build something ...

you could write me in the meanwhile an email : actudoran@yahoo dot com

I'm so green behind me ears on this forum that I can't even see some links and other stuff

am out and about now ... will be at home in the evening we could even skype alex.tudoran

great weekend onwards!

here's another thing I've played with

yesterday I wanted to clear some clutter out of my charts to make em' postable ... then I had a look in my long list of indicators and have played with something called lbr and percentage ... while none were better than the DeMarker at least the former gave some signals bang on the money ... might be worth while toying with it for some time and then posting a conclusion of sorts.

I'll attach a chart with the lbr so that one should see what I'm on about.

Files:
lbr.mq4  3 kb

actudoran:
yesterday I wanted to clear some clutter out of my charts to make em' postable ... then I had a look in my long list of indicators and have played with something called lbr and percentage ... while none were better than the DeMarker at least the former gave some signals bang on the money ... might be worth while toying with it for some time and then posting a conclusion of sorts. I'll attach a chart with the lbr so that one should see what I'm on about.

On your 1hr Chart, probably better using settings (3,4,5) with LBR

Xard777

Thanks !

thanks for that! will give it a go - probably Monday would be better when FxPro will give me feeds as well. What's your way of dealing with LBR ? ( the basics first )

No hedge

Don't hedge this morning as DeMarker is high so it might mean that the increased volatility could be one sided only ... we'll se ... look at the 9:15 spike missed it

actudoran:
yesterday I wanted to clear some clutter out of my charts to make em' postable ... then I had a look in my long list of indicators and have played with something called lbr and percentage ... while none were better than the DeMarker at least the former gave some signals bang on the money ... might be worth while toying with it for some time and then posting a conclusion of sorts. I'll attach a chart with the lbr so that one should see what I'm on about.

hi actudoran

what is the indicator of the arrow in the chart? it seems great if it do not repaint. thank you

yourspace

Indicator

Hi, that I believe it's the SHI silver trend indicator attached. If I understand correctly, The shi once printed should stay there. although I have had decent exposure and use out of the original silver trend. Of late I'm kinda bummed about it's predicting power ( original silver trend ) in a flat/choppy market.

The Shi I use as confirmation, although it's a very early signal as you can see.

Take care!

Files:

Not ignoring anyone, just got plenty on my plate at the moment, looking to emigrate to the UK and it's taking a bit of time.

I will get back to answering question in a few days.

Apologies

Wayne

Uk ?

Hello mate ! if there's anything you wish to know / ask about UK I'm willing to help/advice in whichever way I can... I studied in UK and spent almost 9 years in London, so feel free to ask me any question you feel is relevant!

Cheers,

Al