Join the Dots. - page 13

I'm away for two days, will catch up when I get back tomorrow night.

Cheers

Wayne

small bug in that EA

azmel:
Ok everyone,

I'm reverting back to mp6140's tip that was given at post number 17, page 2 of this thread.

I've wrote a couple of EAs based on mp6140's tip but they are all buggy. I managed to debug the error and I'm posting a working one here. I shall delete the previous EAs that are non-working and will point all to this one.

As mp6140 has advised in his/her tip, do not put any stop loss. But if any of you are quite nervous about this, you can enter a stoploss with this EA. Should you feel that you don't want to, then leave it as 0.

hi azmel,

if u may please do it via global variables, because when MT4 restart it sends another hedge (sometimes only one direction) trades

regards

musketeer:
hi azmel,

if u may please do it via global variables, because when MT4 restart it sends another hedge (sometimes only one direction) trades

regards

musketeer,

I have reposted the EA. Please re-download it at page 11, post#109.

I have forward test the EA last night on GBPUSD with a capital of USD500 (make sure you have enough balance to open both trades at the specified lot size), and it opened both successfully. The SELL trade was closed with profit at 0428 GMT this morning but the BUY is still opened as I write this (time now is 0751 GMT).

When you attach the EA to the GBPUSD chart, make sure you change the TimeToTrade variable to match your broker's time. Do this before checking the "Allow live trading" button. The EA will open the hedge when the broker's clock matches the TimeToTrade variable.

Any other bugs you have spotted, please let me know.

Thanks.

I have forward test the EA last night on GBPUSD with a capital of USD500 (make sure you have enough balance to open both trades at the specified lot size), and it opened both successfully. The SELL trade was closed with profit at 0428 GMT this morning but the BUY is still opened as I write this (time now is 0751 GMT).

=========================================================

I missed taking the trade at 8PM, EST and took it an hour later ---- both trades closed within an hour if i remember correctly

mp

but with all the backtesting results coming back, PLEASE try it as a 5 pip hedge --- with that much reduced risk and some time for the idea to prove itself, you can increase the lot size to compensate for the reduced pips !

mp

Hi Guys

I hope this doesnt upset anyone but am just trying to understand how this thing

works. I went long GBP/USD when a red dot appeared at the 8.00am candle this morning(gmt+1 on my broker) The M/T an Hist. were blue(so was float). Price

moved down and on the 9.00am candle the red dot now moved to the new candle. What do I do.? On the 10am candle red dot moved again. What do I do?

On the 11am candle red dot moved down again, and has continued to move down on every candle up to present time(1400pm gmt +1). At any point looking at the chart I could have entered maybe 4 or 5 times long all the time price is going down. I am now stopped out at -100 pips. Am I missing something? Iknow I am really dumb but just dont understand .

Kind regards

Geoff

GEOFFREY:
Hi Guys

works. I went long GBP/USD when a red dot appeared at the 8.00am candle this morning(gmt+1 on my broker) The M/T an Hist. were blue(so was float). Price

moved down and on the 9.00am candle the red dot now moved to the new candle. What do I do.? On the 10am candle red dot moved again. What do I do?

On the 11am candle red dot moved down again, and has continued to move down on every candle up to present time(1400pm gmt +1). At any point looking at the chart I could have entered maybe 4 or 5 times long all the time price is going down. I am now stopped out at -100 pips. Am I missing something? Iknow I am really dumb but just dont understand .

Kind regards

Geoff

=================================================

chart timeframe please, so i can take a peek but sounds like the H1 -- is that correct ??

mp

Hi Mp

Yes sorry forgot to put that, 1hour candles

Geoff

GEOFFREY:
Hi Guys

Kind regards

Geoff

======================================================

ok, heres what happened

a zigzag line moves in a straight line (naturally) showing trend, but nowhere is it written that the currency itself wont take off and wander around for a while before RETURNING to that trend. While trading the H1, one has to consider what the one minute, 5 minute, 15 minute and 30 minute are doing EVEN THOUGH the H1 still maintains its trend. Trading the H-1 and even more so the H4 is going to give you a lot of drawdowns on volitile days, and boy did we have one today.

Because of the strong nature of trading with GU past few days (and my reason for just leaving it alone today as i set some shorts last nite which came home to roost today) and the overpowering momentum, GU was caught in a tremendous down move that was both news based and to be expected (after what it did yesterday) AND REVERSED TO BECOME A LONG AFTER THE SHORTS WERE DONE WITH IT. This currency follows the DOW rather nicely and did just that today as profits were taken and the shorts stepped in after yesterdays moves for their turn at the feeding frenzy ! If you watch reversals, you understand that at certain times of the day, they will hapen but not before ---

the ziggies were absolutely correct, BUT EARLY given what was happening and because of the nature of how they work, as the trend has long ago changed to the upside.

The difference between profit and loss on this trade was in BELIEVING in the indicators and knowing what I state so often --- what goes down must come up and its best not to have that stop loss --- knowing WHEN the market will make a major reversal is also VERY important, and its usually at 12 noon and 12 midnite, EST, with some minor selloffs every hour and a half during the day !

I know that doesnt help now, but hope you at least recovered with the LONG side reversal that should continue till asian market, with some downside possible at the 5pm rollover (which "shouldnt" change the trend, just selloff a bit !)

Essentially, the signs were good on your chart, but the ABSOLUTE push by the shorts kept pushing it down.

with experience in forex as well as this system, one would have known to "average down" at each signal and when the reversal came into being, you would have been golden although its also VERY easy to understand your concerns at seeing your money on the down elevator when you put it on the UP one !

what you saw was an absolute test of ANY system and any trader, and im sorry you were not more familiar with the "realities" of trading this type of market determination, although you certainly should have made it all back by now !

mp

Thanks for you posts MP6140, I am learning from them.

I have only been demo trading this for about 36 hours on 5 pairs all on the 15m time frame and I have close about +650 pips so far trading the US and Asian sessions only.

When I get caught in a repaint I have been averaging down and letting them ride, no stops and I will set a TP if I know I will be away from my terminal for a while.

I'll post the chart I am trading from and statement since yesterday trading 1 std lot on a 10k account, its up 60% in 36 hours. I know this is crappy money management, but I started the account thinking it was a mini, but after the first order I saw it was standard I just stayed with it.

Files:

it seems no bugs-nugs now

azmel:
musketeer,

I have reposted the EA. Please re-download it at page 11, post#109.

When you attach the EA to the GBPUSD chart, make sure you change the TimeToTrade variable to match your broker's time. Do this before checking the "Allow live trading" button. The EA will open the hedge when the broker's clock matches the TimeToTrade variable.

Any other bugs you have spotted, please let me know.

Thanks.

Thank you

it seems no bugs-nugs now

for last 3 days it was with 100% profitable trades...