Forex is Living Organism? - page 2

But in order to manipulate the market you have to throw lots and lots of money in it.

But there are always a lot of people in the world who will do the same thing as you do.

In some cases, it is not even the broker who spikes the price... I open position and the market goes the opposite direction. and it is the movement not the casual spike. Again eternal question: who to distinguish trend from range.

mp6140:
Let us just say YOUR BROKER has some living things in the offices, and they control the price (and they know where your stoploss is !) ---- anyone trading GU uses a VERY large stop loss, because of the tremendous moves the currency makes (which is why its so popular to trade -- lots o profit !)

What you did was place your stop loss close enough for the broker to "spike" the price OR the price moved sharply down on a lower timeframe than you were watching,

While I will not advise you to do this because you do not yet have the experience to identify the main trends, but I NEVER USE STOPLOSSES so never live thru what you did.

NOT using stoplosses requires excellent money management techniques to keep margin from being endangered AND a secure knowledge of what the main trend for the currency is --- it is NO place for the inexperienced trader ! (If youre trading with the TREND, even if you miss your tp point, TOMORROW it will hit your price, and probably higher !)

but returning to your question, you're setting your stoplosses TOO tightly !

enjoy and trade well

mp

it lives it lives

Files:
it_1.gif  104 kb

Perky:
it lives it lives

Verry nice picture

derrekmay:
Maybe try this: if your stop has been hit that you automatically put in a new sell order?

I don't think it would've helped since Maccavity 1) opened long position; 2) the pair went down trigerring the stop-loss and 3) immediately went up again. The SELL order wouldn't help and would most likely only worsen the situation. That's shy I rarely use stoploss.

Perky:
it lives it lives

Wow, your picture is fantastic. How did you do that?

Right, the only thing which is needed is to distinguish trend from range

bdht:
I don't think it would've helped since Maccavity 1) opened long position; 2) the pair went down trigerring the stop-loss and 3) immediately went up again. The SELL order wouldn't help and would most likely only worsen the situation. That's shy I rarely use stoploss.