Anti-Martingale Hedge System: 490 Pips No Drawdown - page 6

Please Refer to Post 53 for the newer version 6 of the indicator with explanations.

Thanks,

Sunwest

Files:

Hello,

I have finally completed this indicator, Now with Version 6, this work for any pair and for timeframe 1M/5M/15M/30M/1H to have an accurate visualisation and calculation.

This indicator start every day at the "StartingBrokerHour", this can be changed in external variable.

Each day at StartingBrokerHour it is separated by a Green Line.

There are 2 dotted Lines at +PipStep and -PipStep which should represent TP and SL level, which can be set via input parameter.

The Blue/Red Bars represent the Max distance in pips from Open at "StartingBrokerHour" within the next 24 hours. The absolute greatest distance win so we know which side will hit first.

If variable StopDisplay is set to true ==>

It will only display the Blue (Long) or Red (Short) Bar for the side that hit the TP first (PipStep value).

If variable StopDisplay is set to false, it will display all Bars during that day.

The goal of this indicator is to see which side Long or Short would have hit TP first and play with the PipStep (TP/SL) parameter so we can see at a glance how a Pair react (to backtest) and if TP is reached easily.

For example with indicator attached with defaut parameter on GBP/USD 30 Min Chart you will see that:

From Jan 2 to Jan 7 it is Short Red so the TP would have hit first for the short side only.

Then from Jan 8, 9 and 10 it alternate => Blue Long // Red Short // Blue Long.

Looking at about a year of data and I can see that the longest Buy/Sell Long/Short that happened in a row is about 6 to 7 which still make this Martingale quite risky.

I imagine several application for this indicator in the future but please test it on different pair with different PipStep value and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Sunwest

Files:

Thanks Sunwest for the indicator. Will test this out and provide some feedback as soon as possible.

I think your backtest results so far are pretty encouraging. With what's presented so far, it's more of an lot sizing strategy more than anything else. Granted, it's good in it's own right; but look at how it's profitable given a non-existent entry strategy. It's often said trading is sum of varous parts, entry criteria plus the management portion. So while this is where most threads get complicated, I think with a simple filter for entry plus the value of this lot sizing in of itself; can reduce the max progression from 6-7 to way down. Even if not, positioning an account for 8-9 max progression and given the pips produced should still make it profitable.

Best,

doragio

re.: problem with indicator MaxDaily-V6.mq4

sunwest:
Hello,

I have finally completed this indicator, Now with Version 6, this work for any

Hi Sunwest,

don't know what i did wrong. it is not placing any order in 24+ hrs. also it seems it generated a loop (see experts section on the bottom of platform)

any idea?

also, does anyone else have the same problem?

thansk.

Files:
ej.jpg  223 kb

hi, can someone increase the max history bars please?

EDIT: no need, just needed to load my chart further to the left...

Fx_Knight:
Hi Sunwest,

don't know what i did wrong. it is not placing any order in 24+ hrs. also it seems it generated a loop (see experts section on the bottom of platform)

any idea?

also, does anyone else have the same problem?

thansk.

Hello, sorry but this is just an indicator at that stage, the EA will come in later on. The value in the expert tab is just a print that occurs during the indicator loop.

Sunwest

I am a coder. I can help, I just need the rules.

sunwest, you got PM

Iam waiting for the EA as well, hope it will make pips.

this method is nothing but gambling...to thread owner please study technical analysis and place your entry follow the trend...