OILFXPRO TRENDMASTER double macd EA freeversion - page 4

Doesn't look like EA is working properly.

EA did a Sell trade but MACD 1 is in Buy area and MACD 2 is in Sell area ??

Files:
wrong.jpg  106 kb

Attached with v0.05, please help me to troubleshoot it. It is a minor mod with extra indication on the chart, so we know what is the exact readings for the EA compare to our indicator. I herewith attached with my screenshot. That I changed Cid's setting to 12,18,1 and 40,104,1 since the signal line is not in use. This way we can focus and concerntrate on the histogram instead.

Regards

David

p/s: also attached template if you find the chart is useful for you. Bear in mind, you'll have to change the EA settings again if you decide to load my template.

Files:

Ok, I'll test it now on M15, Gap5, and Duration1800.

You think M15 gives best results with this system?

matrixebiz:
Ok, I'll test it now on M15, Gap5, and Duration1800. You think M15 gives best results with this system?

Ask Cid, I dont know anything about this system besides of coding it.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Ask Cid, I dont know anything about this system besides of coding it.

Regards

David

David

What does the hours setting do?

This EA could do with tradeable time option ie 7.00 to 16.00 or any other time period

Could it be coded to delete pending orders not executed after x hours.

multiple entries option = maximum trades =1 or other number(this will allow pyramiding with a trailing stop loss)

The EA enters orders pending after several hours ,if an existing open position was in place.It enters previous signal when the existing order is closed.see example

OILFXPRO

Files:
trendmaster.jpg  307 kb

This is already an option; (Duration-In seconds)

"Could it be coded to delete pending orders not executed after x hours."

BTW, do you find this system better with M15?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
This is already an option; (Duration-In seconds)

"Could it be coded to delete pending orders not executed after x hours."

BTW, do you find this system better with M15?

Thanks

Mat

I can't answer your question related to this system because it is new system.Only time will tell

I prefer 15m or lower for currencies.

OILFXPRO

oilfxpro:

Could it be coded to delete pending orders not executed after x hours.

Duration is the total time wait to kill the trade. Say if you need the trade to be close in 1 hour if its not trigger, 60 minutes = 3600 seconds. So you set duration = 3600. If you wanted the trade to close in 2 hour time if its not trigger, it would be 2hour = 120 mintues = 7200seconds. So you set duration = 7200.

oilfxpro:

multiple entries option = maximum trades =1 or other number(this will allow pyramiding with a trailing stop loss)

Can do that, but your EA will trigger all the trades 1 shot when the signal has come live. What is the criteria to open the 2nd trade? The next bar? The 3rd bar? Bear in mind if you use the MACD histogram, it would be keep adding orders every hour because the histogram takes atleast 3 bar to come back down from the trigger area. Such as when histogram hit trigger, it would be 1st bar break 0.0007, 2nd bar 0.0008, 3rd bar 0.0007. Even if you limit the EA to open 1 trade / bar, it will still trigger 3 trades in total for 1 session.

oilfxpro:

The EA enters orders pending after several hours ,if an existing open position was in place.It enters previous signal when the existing order is closed.see example

OILFXPRO

Dont understand what you mean. It would be better if you can give a screenshot indicate how the orders move from 1 signal to another. I just wanted to prove you not only commercial coder are the best coder.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Dont understand what you mean. It would be better if you can give a screenshot indicate how the orders move from 1 signal to another. I just wanted to prove you not only commercial coder are the best coder.

Regards

David

David

If you read the trades on the last image.Read trades at bottom.ORDER 102 IS STOP LOSS AND 103 IS PLACED.

When an existing position is closed by stop loss, the previous signal which could not be traded (cause already existing position open),the previous order which could not be traded is placed

OILFXPRO

Hi David, here showing example again of EA not working

Two Buy trades, One win, One loss but as you can see MACD 1 is not in correct position.

Magic_number=772188

Take_Profit=35

Stop_Loss=70

TrailingStop=0

Lots=0.10000000

Gap=5

Slippage=5

Duration=1800

MACD_Setup=

Fast_EMA1=12

Slow_EMA1=18

Signal1=1