50 pips a day with real hedgesystem - page 10

Is there an EA?...do you have your setfile? Can an idiot like me follow along?

ES

Dreamliner:
Agreed! That's why I like the new system better!

ES, first of all you are by no means an idiot. I saw you exhibit intellectual strength when speaking with mt, and you have a good ability to grasp concepts and implement them. I've seen this from your blog.

This is as simple as any system ever gets. It does not need an EA (though one might help I suppose). Jimbos system and mine are identical, except for how we increase lots. Here is how it goes:

At 2200 GMT (3:00 PM your time) you place two orders, both at .01 lots, one buy and one sell, both with 30 pip targets and 30 pip stop losses.

The next day at 2200 GMT you place the same orders, but increase the lot size to .02 on the losing side (for Jimbo's system) or .02 on the winning side (for my system). For Jim's just keep doubling the losing side's lot size until there is a net increase, then go back to .01 again. For my system do the opposite.

This system does have merit, Jimbo's was 420 pips in a month, mine was 490 (with much less draw-down) and is extremely easy to implement.

I have made another change. I will trade the .01 lot sizes on demo, as we already know the outcome will be net zero. I'm attaching my updated that show which trades were on demo.

If someone could make these into a spreadsheet, like Jimbo did his, all of this would be extremely easy to see and understand.

ElectricSavant:
Is there an EA?...do you have your setfile? Can an idiot like me follow along? ES
Files:

Dreamliner...Thank you for putting this into "Plain speak" for me...I will find your new thread...

This is my kind of system...no thinking...no indicators.....just reaction to targets and stops and of course... price.

The trouble that I have with this is that I am working at 3:00 PM (Thank you for translating that also) and I would need an alarm clock to alert me for the time that I need to make my entries. Just a note...this is rollover time for IBFX and the formation of the new daily bar.

Can anybody make an EA? It seems very simple...You could even code in both systems...jimbos and dreams...Call it 1 and 2. I prefer the lower DD version that Dreamliner has however, but I guess you guys know that by now.

ES

Dreamliner:
ES, first of all you are by no means an idiot. I saw you exhibit intellectual strength when speaking with mt, and you have a good ability to grasp concepts and implement them. I've seen this from your blog.

This is as simple as any system ever gets. It does not need an EA (though one might help I suppose). Jimbos system and mine are identical, except for how we increase lots. Here is how it goes:

At 2200 GMT (3:00 PM your time) you place two orders, both at .01 lots, one buy and one sell, both with 30 pip targets and 30 pip stop losses.

The next day at 2200 GMT you place the same orders, but increase the lot size to .02 on the losing side (for Jimbo's system) or .02 on the winning side (for my system). For Jim's just keep doubling the losing side's lot size until there is a net increase, then go back to .01 again. For my system do the opposite.

This system does have merit, Jimbo's was 420 pips in a month, mine was 490 (with much less draw-down) and is extremely easy to implement.

I have made another change. I will trade the .01 lot sizes on demo, as we already know the outcome will be net zero. I'm attaching my updated that show which trades were on demo.

If someone could make these into a spreadsheet, like Jimbo did his, all of this would be extremely easy to see and understand.

doragio:
Shads,

Sure thing. Look at the results of the trades by Jimbo, and you'll notice with martingale systems; it's not the whipsaws that kill your account but the strong trends. The core of this system seems to rely more on the martingale effect rather than picking precise entries; so to avoid a strong of losses by doubling on 1 side. Alternate the positions that you double. For example: Buy 1 Sell 2 results in a net loss, then rather do a Buy 1 Sell 4, consider Buy 4 Sell 1, if that's still at net loss, then Buy 1 Sell 8. This way any strong trend will not hurt you as much like it did in the test results. So double up on the win side till you get a net positive increase, then start a new. Also the initial buy 1 sell 1 can be avoided to save the spread; just look at the previous day to determine your buys/sells ratios.

Sunwest,

Pretty much it. I'm not a fan of martingale myself due to past experiences, although this system has some merit in that if you operate once a day, the market conditions can keep you out of nasty surprises which usually are intraday based.

Doragio, thank you my man for your clarification. May I ask have you tried using this method?

I feel martingale intraday is touch compared to using it on daily.

Thank you

Hey Shads,

No problem. Just providing some input here in the hopes of improving on this system, that's what this forum's all about. I do not trade martingale systems, just because of my past experiences with them however with that said, this system may have merit in terms of being once a day.

shads:
Doragio, thank you my man for your clarification. May I ask have you tried using this method?

I feel martingale intraday is touch compared to using it on daily.

Thank you

I don't trade pure Martingale either, because of my past I almost blew out an account and I can't take the pressure of increasing lots like this. However, this method is so much better.

doragio:
Hey Shads, No problem. Just providing some input here in the hopes of improving on this system, that's what this forum's all about. I do not trade martingale systems, just because of my past experiences with them however with that said, this system may have merit in terms of being once a day.

Ea

Hi,

many thanks to carllos for coding the EA! Please test it!

THX

Files:

i think this is a very useful idea,thanks Jimbo! if we couple it with what we usually do, ie looking at our trading strategy signal and then enter at .02 and .01 lot. if we are correct, we will collect pips. If we are wrong we will be looking for opposite signal to enter tomorrow.

ea

i have just tested the ea, not really sure how to use it... how do you adjust the num of lots for each buy and sell? do you think it is possible to put another feature which make it buy and sell simultaneously the moment i start it?

The more we use systems the less we can make pips until we dont use them at all. Bus and sell at the same time ( but not the same entry) will be a good option as long as we choose a 'good' pair. Example : GBP/USD.