ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 22

Hey,

I was wondering whatever happened to the grid scalper system you were testing out. I am guessing it didn't turn out ok. What went wrong?

ElectricSavant:
wolfe,

Imagine how you would feel if you had this EA...Let's say you put a lot of work into it and you traded it yourself...

You loved to code and you liked to stay current so you came to tsd to pass those long evenings away...trading your EA silently...

you knew that you could never share it and then you run accross this thread...and remember those searching quests you had....but you have found it and you would like to share it...but you can't as you know you could create the condition where you may be searching once again and going through those hopeless evenings again...

I simply do not know how to attract such a soul...

ES

And if you had developed such an EA would you share it?

First I want to Thank all that have given their time to read this thread and to consider its contents.

Now for the good news:

I was just contacted with a Challenge... and this in my opinion is by a handle that I respect. I am afraid that he might beat this. I have full data...and the Challenge may be beat early on in this quest.

Please stay tuned as I have the account funded and ready to go...and am conversing with the founder this very minute...cya I just heard my email...

ES

I Challenge you!

See my thread called "The Best" EA Series

Download my 3 updated EA's from the first page and let em rack in the pips!

I don't want any money from you, I just want everyone else to be as profitable as me... I like helping people out

Please reply over there ES

Thanks

Well kid...

I am in your thread and I have your EA's...and let me see your stuff!

I will let you know as I am running all three and I must download your latest upgrades...but I gotta go to the gym and then I will take Wifey to Dinner...talk to you soon over in your thread.

Good trading to US...

When you got the balls to make your personal version official then enter the Challenge™ cause you can't beat the dd criteria as it stands now!

ES

forexdude123:
I Challenge you!

See my thread called "The Best" EA Series

Download my 3 updated EA's from the first page and let em rack in the pips!

I don't want any money from you, I just want everyone else to be as profitable as me... I like helping people out

Please reply over there ES

Thanks

Hi ES...

I've been watching this thread for a couple months now and I agree with your initial claim. (all though I was hoping that you would be proven wrong, lol...) I don't think it's possible to avoid a daily drawdown of 17% or more without using extremely low leverage. Certainly not 400:1, lol... Also, if someone "did have" an EA that was performing this well, they would just continue to trade with it.

So... my point is that maybe if you change up the "challenge" rules a bit it return some results? I think you've proven your point about EA's and risk/reward, but maybe there is a second option..?? I honestly don't know...?

Maybe:

1. Create rules for trading manual systems? (I know of a few that "might" work)
  2. Increase the max daily drawdown to compensate for previous days gains (i.e. if the account grows 38% over a 4 day period then has one day that exceeds -17%, give it more "room" to trade?)
  3. Also, there might be a comination of EA's that compliment each other, so allow an entry of multipule EA's and use combined daily average?

Just ideas... I would like to see this thread generate ideas rather than continue to prove what most of us already know, lol...

riffy,

Thanks for following...

but there is a lot going on in the background...and I believe that there is a way for one of these Challengers to beat this thing...I do not want to give up on the Criteria yet...There is about a 2% extra buffer giving them a chance to beat this thing...

There is a third Challenger ready anyday now.,...and I just was contacted by a fourth...

These contacts are not just some living room enthusiasts but programmers by profession and I believe in them.

Anyways...the criteria remains...and please do not take my pokes at the obvious to be arrogant...there are traders that actually believe they can beat this.

riffy...there is a fundemental thing behind the criteria...its really not the 17% that makes it tough to beat...it is that there is not the benefit of a buffer to build...once the EA makes the money it is locked and not given back in the form of the whipsaw that the market alwys gives when you make a profit. ...

It always calc's from the Highest Banked Balance, thus creating a virtual money machine...look!...none of us put our money at risk just to waste our time to give it back...but us more experienced ones usually thank our lucky stars that we are able to survive and we grow numb to actually making a profit and keeping it...lol

Lets see how the Challengers do...this is not a fly by night project...I am not going anywhere Lord willing I am just getting started.,...this may take years!

ES

riffster:
Hi ES...

I've been watching this thread for a couple months now and I agree with your initial claim. (all though I was hoping that you would be proven wrong, lol...) I don't think it's possible to avoid a daily drawdown of 17% or more without using extremely low leverage. Certainly not 400:1, lol... Also, if someone "did have" an EA that was performing this well, they would just continue to trade with it.

So... my point is that maybe if you change up the "challenge" rules a bit it return some results? I think you've proven your point about EA's and risk/reward, but maybe there is a second option..?? I honestly don't know...?

Maybe:

1. Create rules for trading manual systems? (I know of a few that "might" work)
  2. Increase the max daily drawdown to compensate for previous days gains (i.e. if the account grows 38% over a 4 day period then has one day that exceeds -17%, give it more "room" to trade?)
  3. Also, there might be a comination of EA's that compliment each other, so allow an entry of multipule EA's and use combined daily average?
Just ideas... I would like to see this thread generate ideas rather than continue to prove what most of us already know, lol...

us more experienced ones usually thank our lucky stars that we are able to survive and we grow numb to actually making a profit and keeping it...lol

True dat!

Ok fine! I'll wait and see then, lol... Yeah, it's interesting... There are and always have been "rumors" about very profitable EA's (Money Machines as you call it). So far, I've only found manual systems that fit the bill, but maybe you will find one... and share it with us... lol...

about that sharing part...I must remain pure ...and I am sure you can understand that..

but the Challenger™ may have commercial aspirations......and again I will not become a sales agent...If you see a Challenger EA that you like...you can give me your info and I can give it to the coder to contact you...But that is YOUR business and I do not want be a part of it....and I do not want to know the outcome.

I am a trader and a writer (do both poorly) and this is what I want to do (except get better)...and again all I wish is to get the privlege to trade one of these great EA's for my personal account..

ES

riffster:
True dat! Ok fine! I'll wait and see then, lol... Yeah, it's interesting... There are and always have been "rumors" about very profitable EA's (Money Machines as you call it). So far, I've only found manual systems that fit the bill, but maybe you will find one... and share it with us... lol...