EA to ECN Broadcaster - page 3

Hi I don't understand this: when I use TWSLink both MT4 and TWS must be open and running or only MT4 must be open and running ?

Data feed is provided from MT4 or from TWS?

How does it works TWSLink ?

I read the example for MT4. The EA calls function include in TWSLink.DLL file for open order: I don't understand when it use Ask and Bid (special word in MT4) which data feed use it, MT4 or TWS?

Thanks

Bolla

gbolla:
Hi I don't understand this: when I use TWSLink both MT4 and TWS must be open and running or only MT4 must be open and running ?

Data feed is provided from MT4 or from TWS?

How does it works TWSLink ?

I read the example for MT4. The EA calls function include in TWSLink.DLL file for open order: I don't understand when it use Ask and Bid (special word in MT4) which data feed use it, MT4 or TWS?

Thanks

Bolla

Both TWS and MT must be running, as you will be using TWS prices - which also answers your other question. There is nothing to stop you using MT prices of course, but that would be slightly daft!

I am finding it a complete b*tch to use though, as real simple stuff is incredibly difficult to get working properly. This is not a criticism of TWSLINK btw, which (mostly) does exactly what it is designed to do - allow access to TWS trade functions.

omelette:
Both TWS and MT must be running, as you will be using TWS prices - which also answers your other question. There is nothing to stop you using MT prices of course, but that would be slightly daft! I am finding it a complete b*tch to use though, as real simple stuff is incredibly difficult to get working properly. This is not a criticism of TWSLINK btw, which (mostly) does exactly what it is designed to do - allow access to TWS trade functions.

Omlette is right.. Keep in mind that any DLL that an EA calls, is loaded and unloaded with each call. Its in effect, stateless. EA's only work when a tick triggers it.. So, for this reason, we cheat and run our EA's in an endless loop, polling several times a second.. Its really the only way you can get an EA to talk to the outside world.

So, its a lot of work, but can be done.

Thanks Omelette and Ghamm.

I hope in the near future MT4 could work on ECN without bridge, DLL, etc. : MT5 may be???

Bolla

mr

just that i have ea called paulo costa hedge and it doesnt work with 5 digit ECN broker can anyone help ?

cheers

Paulo Costa Hedge should work fine with an ECN 5-digit broker. Just add a zero to the SL, TP & StopDistance variables. ie. 30 becomes 300, 60 becomes 600.

That said, Paulo Costa uses a martingale system (double-up) to win back losers - NOT a good long term strategy and a very good way to blow your account very quickly...