Tickwatcher - page 3

Latest version.

Code on MTF thread.

tsd'rs

There is what seems to be a very bright coder who I am aware of from somewhere in the past (I think his name is Tom) that contacted me by PM and seems to want to code an EA before I have forward tested.

I will keep you folks informed if I can. I am not a coder so it will be a joint exercise and I do not have full voting rights and I respect the work of others. I have no intellectual right whatsoever to this, as mladen created this indicator..

...but the point here is that I am getting the opportunity to test this theory explained in the long winded post above here somewhere...(I think that some people read it carefully..there is a lot there in a conversational presentation..please reread it folks, I spent a lot of time on it)

ES

P.S. There is really nothing revolutionary here...it will just count colors and enter and exit a large basket with a long term trend bias...this really is keeping it simple...I envision that there will be hundreds of combinations of indicators that are possible to test...It is a sloppy way to trade and is very forgiving. but Cale Yaroborough used to win NASCAR races that way.

mladen always has such good work to share. mladens work here seems to pull it all together for me on one screen for my manual entries with a "Close-All" EA Utility .

I went into the input screen and eliminated some shorter timeframes and added all the IBFX pairs and dragged several instances of this indicator into 4 panes (I have my 19" monitors swivelled vertically and I have dedicated an entire screen for this project). It worked! (see screenshot in the next post) Do you think if I lose, I can flip the swivelled screen opposite to make it win...lol?

I am forward testing a theory of mine and use his indicator to identify the long term trend direction (manual trade direction) by simply counting the red and the green colors, whether they be weak or strong ( if it is a tie the longer TF's get weight). I believe trading in the direction of the long term trend instead of all this Micro-Orgasmtrading that I am attempting to master is what I want to try and this may be better for me and the way that I want to trade.

I am forward testing by manually trading all 19 pair with a lotsize 0.10 lots per 1K on a IBFX demo-mini acct without stops or targets...just the close all EA closing out all 19 pair globally when the target is reached which is 2.5% of the banked balance. I have been quite successful thus far with a modest drawdown/float never exceeding my threashold of minus 17%...it comes close though....but as long as I am in the direction of the longer term, the float seems to always swing back around and the combination of the longs and shorts in this large basket seem to always cover each other.

I see that by lobbing all of this together in a big basket and trading in the longer term direction eliminates the need for precision and generalities of the two precepts allow the basket to exit with its targets, eventually. Note: By trading all 19 pair I am heavily weighted in the yen however. But overall this method that I am testing is quite forgiving.

This method should be able to yield a respectfull triple digit per year and is already up 10% in a few short days...There is not an EA yet as I am still forward testing manually and sometimes the basket exits when I am sleeping so I am not as efficient as an EA could be with getting right back into the market. My concerns remain....what happens in a trend direction change? Is this basket forgiving enough and does the primitive counting of colors allow the good and the bad to all wash together and will the re-entry adapt to the new direction in time?

If any coders are interested in my work with mladens TickWatcher indicator please contact me as I will not crowd up this thread with my results as I have done to other threads in the past. I would never ask a coder to use his time, unless I have manually backtested profitably with reasonable drawdown and it is a little early yet for an EA to be requested.

ES

ElectricSavant:
tsd'rs

There is what seems to be a very bright coder who I am aware of from somewhere in the past (I think his name is Tom) that contacted me by PM and seems to want to code an EA before I have forward tested.

I will keep you folks informed if I can. I am not a coder so it will be a joint exercise and I do not have full voting rights and I respect the work of others. I have no intellectual right whatsoever to this, as mladen created this indicator..

...but the point here is that I am getting the opportunity to test this theory explained in the long winded post above here somewhere...(I think that some people read it carefully..there is a lot there in a conversational presentation..please reread it folks, I spent a lot of time on it)

ES

P.S. There is really nothing revolutionary here...it will just count colors and enter and exit a large basket with a long term trend bias...this really is keeping it simple...I envision that there will be hundreds of combinations of indicators that are possible to test...It is a sloppy way to trade and is very forgiving. but Cale Yaroborough used to win NASCAR races that way.

Tom? LOL!!

Tis I, Avery, aka TheRumpledOne (TRO)

Question, you enter the pair in the direction of the count, right? So in the chart, you would be long USDJPY and short the other two, right?

I added the Up, Eq, and Dn counts at the bottom.

Files:

All I had to do was change the input string to remove the unwanted periods.

The code written by mladen and codersguru made my work so much easier. Thank you!!

LOL... I had to modify the TickWatcher because those columns are internally coded.

The disk file name is DIFFERENT so it won't step on your code.

Files:

Once again, just change the inputs to display what you want.

How about an EA? not a manual indicator...but good work..

ES