Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 4

Sadly:
project1972 - I'm not sure what you are alluding to but suffice to say I have no agenda. I'm not familiar with the Firebird EA at all as this is largely down to the fact I do not fully understand MQL. The Steinitz EA you refer to I do know well enough and I paid him for the time and effort he put into it although as I understand it, it's not fully bug-free at this moment in time and is undergoing changes. Unfortunately it is not possible to look into the coding of the indicators he employs as they are locked which makes me feel uneasy about trading using them. Surely it stands to reason then why I asked you if it was possible to display with indicators what was going on with the Alpha9 EA but from what you say regarding the number of indicators being processed at anytime in the program code it would be difficult to actually trade it manually in anycase. So please, don't take my last remark in my previous post as anything other than sheer amazement.

That's ok Sadly, I understand now, non problem, in previous post I explained the Logic behind Alpha9

That's is similar logic as the Steinitz system except for the last confirmation part.

I forget to explain the logic behind RSI-R2 but the original method is here:

TradingMarkets | Improved R2 Strategy

I just checked and they still have the R3/R4 method for sale at $10K !!!

Daytrading Tradingmarkets

Alpha9 follow the R2 public method but it also check how many pips we are over/below the MA 200 days and also check the Mn HAS trend before take the trade.

The EA don't trade if we are less than 100 pips over/below the 200 MA to make sure that this pair is in trending mode, and if the trade don't agree with the Mn HAS Trend

I hope you understand fine now.

Thrilled

project1972,

I'm thrilled.

Congrats for this piece of work and thank you!

I was already using your terminator 4.11 but didn't like the martingale component. Here you gave me the solution.

Just a question:

Is it a good idea to close all trades (all in profit right now) and disable the EA before the NFP and restart the EA afterwards?

Take care...

dxtrade:
project1972,

I'm thrilled.

Congrats for this piece of work and thank you!

I was already using your terminator 4.11 but didn't like the martingale component. Here you gave me the solution.

Just a question:

Is it a good idea to close all trades (all in profit right now) and disable the EA before the NFP and restart the EA afterwards?

Take care...

dxtrade, I am honored to have you here, but I think that this system will add little value to you.....with your manual trading abilities, you will easy outperform any automatic solution...

Basically this system is a brute force solution to approach the markets, the key of it is the low leverage and the consistence of the long term trends in the forex markets, using the original MM we don't have to worry about NFP days, because even few hundred pips drawdown will not affect the general health of the account.

The only danger of this system is a extended choppy market, like the 2003, 2004 and 2005 years.

Of course if we the start the system today and in few days the market do a major turning point we will have the hated equity dip in our accounts, and we will needs months to recover, like most long term trend following systems this one need weeks to adapt to a new major change in the long term trend.

Investment

project1972:
dxtrade, with your manual trading abilities, you will easy outperform any automatic solution...

How did you find that out?

I'm doing fine actually with my manual trading.

Nonetheless your EA is absolutely an addition which I was looking for.

A kind of Investment Fund, working in silence on my account.

As you have stated in various threads... yearly returns of more then 10%-20% are good, better then most of the popular bank products.

And thats how I perceive this EA... a slowly but surely working investment.

If you would have seen my drawdown in shares and Investment Funds in 2000-2001... not even your EA is able to do as bad as this With a general trade close at -10% of my equity I would have thrown a party!

Thanks again, have a great weekend.

dxtrade:
How did you find that out?

Few words in your previous post on other thread tell me enough about you...........

We smell when a trader have experience or is a naysayer in the way he write, you know that.

Have a great day !!!

Hi project1972,

What a fantastic contribution to the community. Thank you very much for sharing this. Not one losing trade today from 16.

I completely agree with you about MM. Get there slowly but surely.

Have a great weekend

Alph9 MTF engine

Sadly:
I see. Hmmm ... OK. Who's up for writing a MomentumDeviation indicator??? So you are basically saying that unless the EA trades live there is no way of trading this manually. Oh well ...

Sadly, sometimes is more easy to take a look at the code than writing 10 pages about the entire logic, to make thing easy I will obvius previous developer work but refer to each concept only

I will assume that you know how the Don Steinitz logic work, if not re-read his thread, you now have 35 calls to indicators on this thing alone.......

Although on manual trading you can load both MTF HAS (8 indicators) to cover all the timeframes.

MomentumDeviation function is not an indicator and I don't have plans to write an indicator with it.

The history of this function start with TraderSeven's Firebird EA, I assume that you know Firebird, right ? if not re-read the threads about it.

Basically the heard of Firebird is this line:

double MA=iMA(NULL,timeframe,MA_length,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,0);

if (MA*(1+PercentCorrection/100) < Bid ) { Sell(); }

if (MA*(1-PercentCorrection/100) > Ask ) { Buy(); }

This is one call on EACH TM in the EA and one more MA 10 period indicator for your manual trading, you have to do the Mathematical match for yourself

If price move DOWN faster than a MA 10 periods, we replace the last HAS confirmation with this signal. We Buy.

If price move UP faster than a MA 10 periods, we replace the last HAS confirmation with this signal. We Sell.

To smooth this signal and confirm that the last price movement is losing intensity (or Momentum) and probably will do a reversal we check 2 VHF indicator. This concept was developed by MrTools for another EA and it worked very well to reduce few early signals, or apply some retard to the signal.

if VHF period=14 > VHF previous bar

and

if VHF period=7 > VHF previous bar

We confirm the Buy and the Sell

This is 4 EA calls on each TM and 2 indicators more for your Manual Trading.

And last, we confirm that the price is effectively at least 100 pips over a MA 200 days for buys and effectively 100 pips below a MA 200 for Sells

If the price is less than 100 pips of the MA 200 it could be for two things, OR the pair is not trending OR the pair is coming back to the MA 200 for a probable major change in the long term trend, we don't take the trade in this condition.

To avoid superposition of orders in the same price region we also check if there is an previous open position with the Function ProximityOrder.

Sadly:
I'm surprised it even manages to make a trade in the first place

Humm.....Thanks for your harsh words, every signal is placed in the chart with an arrow. You will not have problems to trade manual following the signals of a demo EA.

But probably you have another agenda.

el cid:
Project

A lot of effort has gone into this EA and we thank you for it.

The important question is the worst drawdown for this system using all the pairs .What is the worst case scenario?

Regards

El cid

The worst drawdown case scenario is a 10% of account loss, The Ea definitely will close all open trades and stop trading for 24 hours if we get to this point.

This condition was already forward tested on the last credit crunch and the EA survived and made up the loss with the current settings.

This EA is not suitable for use together with others EA, the EquityStop and the EquityTrailing will get confused if you use others EAs in the same account.

Up to today forward testing the EA earned 15062 pips and loss -6305 pips, with a total of 8757 net pips profit on 402 trades on 3 months of forward testing, an average of 2919 pips each month under favorable market conditions and a low MM, Clearly it's not a "non Loss EA" but it's a very realistic approach with a 2.4 profit factor.

El Cid, please don't rename this EA and post elsewhere.

Files:
alpha9.jpg  402 kb

In the last 2 days Alpha9 closed 39 trades in profit and did +766 pips

The grand total from 07/30/2007 forward testing is 441 trades with a net of +9523 pips and 8.84% of account profit.

The profit factor raise to 2.48

When market trend, things look wonderful. Unfortunately we can't expect the same consistency week after week, Sure, there will be enough time to loss in the future.

Files:
alpha9_1.jpg  220 kb

I updated files thread for this EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2 to find everything easy.

Reason: