Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 7

nondisclosure007:
2 questions: why are there declarations of different sets of takeprofits? You have the global declarations:
extern int TakeProfitD1 =70;

extern int TakeProfitH4 =55;

extern int TakeProfitH1 =35;

extern int TakeProfitM30=20;

extern int TakeProfitM15=15;

extern int TakeProfitM5 =10;

[/CODE]

Then for each pair in the init section.

so if I turn off UsePredefinedTP (set false) will this then allow me to not put any take profit options on orders (in other words, not setting a takeprofit when submitting an order)?

Also: here's a piece of code I've used to determine lot size:

[CODE]lot=NormalizeDouble((AccountFreeMargin()*(risk/100))*AccountLeverage()/MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSIZE),2);

sub risk for your SRSI_Risk in the case of SRSI.

It's allowed me to not worry about lotsize/leverage and it uses the freemargin wich, w/ IBFX, doesn't take into account current trades into equity.

PS. thanks for the quick reply!

The TP in this EA is internal, the EA never submit any TP on each order, the EA use the Predefined TP to close orders when the profit is reached, but if you set UsePredefinedTP to false the EA will not close any orders by TP, The different takeprofit in the PrefSettings will not have any effect.

In this case you should enable the Psar TS to exit orders using a trailing stop instead of a fixed take profit.

The current MM is universal and work fine, even with different brokers settings or different types of accounts.

I don't think that we need to change it, Both engines have a different risk settings, if you want to modify the risk for each engine.

Also, I don't think that we should add the AccountLeverage parameter in the formula, it only will increment the risk to stupid levels in the case someone try to use the EA on an account with 200 or 400 leverage.

But this is my personal preference, you are free to mood anything you want, that's why I posted the source code.

project1972:
The TP in this EA is internal, the EA never submit any TP on each order, the EA use the Predefined TP to close orders when the profit is reached, but if you set UsePredefinedTP to false the EA will not close any orders by TP, The different takeprofit in the PrefSettings will not have any effect.

In this case you should enable the Psar TS to exit orders using a trailing stop instead of a fixed take profit.

The current MM is universal and work fine, even with different brokers settings or different types of accounts.

I don't think that we need to change it, Both engines have a different risk settings, if you want to modify the risk for each engine.

Also, I don't think that we should add the AccountLeverage parameter in the formula, it only will increment the risk to stupid levels in the case someone try to use the EA on an account with 200 or 400 leverage.

But this is my personal preference, you are free to mood anything you want, that's why I posted the source code.

Thanks for the reply. I understand what your saying w/ the leverage option. I ran your calc and my calc side by side and I see the difference.

One question that I'm still trying to figure out. what does the 10000 represent in the lot calculation? I thought it was Marketinfo(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSIZE).

oops. I had the wrong setting in my demo account for lotsize. I think now that it does represent the lotsize. correct?

Also, what are your thoughts on using AccountFreeMargin() instead of AccountEquity() in the lot calculation? I use AccountFreeMargin() for safety's sake in making sure I don't get too stretched out. Just wondering your thoughts on it.

nondisclosure007:
Thanks for the reply. I understand what your saying w/ the leverage option. I ran your calc and my calc side by side and I see the difference.

One question that I'm still trying to figure out. what does the 10000 represent in the lot calculation? I thought it was Marketinfo(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSIZE).

oops. I had the wrong setting in my demo account for lotsize. I think now that it does represent the lotsize. correct?

Also, what are your thoughts on using AccountFreeMargin() instead of AccountEquity() in the lot calculation? I use AccountFreeMargin() for safety's sake in making sure I don't get too stretched out. Just wondering your thoughts on it.

Well, I am not a mathematician, the MM I wrote was only to give me the numbers I wanted, that's all.

10000 is the divisor to reach the lot size I use the pipvalue, or tick value, as multiplier to reach the correct lotsize if we use a Mini Account at IBFX the pipvalue will be $1 for EURUSD and $10 on a standard account.

In theory we can use the lotsize, without multiplier, but, some brokers in the past had the Incorrect lotsize but the correct pipvalue, like Alpari RU, time ago they had a 10,000 lotsize in their demo account but the correct pipvalue

Another trouble of using lotsize in the MM is that if someone want to trade CFD's the lotsize can be much different of the 10,000 or 100,000 used on currencies, unfortunately the pipvalue and ticksize also can be different, because that, this MM can give trouble anyway on CFD's, but i don't think that this EA is suitable for CFD's, it was developed for currencies only.

Using a AccountFreeMargin value instead AccountEquity is ok and sometimes I also use it, but in this case the MM is so low that this not make difference.

just say tnak you

Just say thank you for this powerful ea and this hard work !

;-)

icek

Thank you!!!a lot!!! you are the man!!!maybe this ea work very good in gold to i think them you need to set to false 5min and 15min time frames.

Drawdown....

Madonna,

it's fun to see -750 pips drawdown with 13 trades open.

Not for long though. Came back to ca. -300 now. And closed about +200 today.

Nothing for people with heart problems, if traded on a live account like me.

I still love it, btw!

Templates

project1972:
There are not any template, the EA should work, it opened few trades yesterday and today but not on all pairs.

Did you copy the HAS and VHF indicators to your indicator folder ? Expert Advisors is enabled ?

Did you installed on many pairs ? The EA did not open positions on all pairs, there are many pairs without trades in the last days.

Check your Experts tab to check for errors.

Hi yes, I copied these two indicators - Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed.mq4 and VHF_v1.mq4 into my MT4/experts/indicators folder, and activated the ea correctly, still no trade.

Do i need to attach these indicators also?

Thanks again

dxtrade:
Madonna,

it's fun to see -750 pips drawdown with 13 trades open.

Not for long though. Came back to ca. -300 now. And closed about +200 today.

Nothing for people with heart problems, if traded on a live account like me.

I still love it, btw!

If -750 pips drawdown is only 0.75% of the account using the original MM, there is not much to worry.

You definitely will have a heart attack if you see -10000 pips drawdown or -10% of the account.

Using the original MM, each 1000 pips should be not more than 1% of the account, remember that this method work much similar as a brute force method, a pc don't have discretion to understand the markets, we don't know the future, we don't know what pairs will trend, but we know that long term trends are fairly consistent over a long period of time. This is our only edge. judging by the consistency of the long term trends, our winners should outperform the loses, even if we have some big loses from time to time, in the long term we will have more positive pips than the negative. Unfortunately, the probability distribution theory of this method is that most of the winners will arrive together, like ALL the loses will arrive also together, that's why we need to keep risk low to endure the losing period.

midesign:
Hi yes, I copied these two indicators - Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed.mq4 and VHF_v1.mq4 into my MT4/experts/indicators folder, and activated the ea correctly, still no trade.

Do i need to attach these indicators also?

Thanks again

Not, you don't need to attach any indicator, check the expert tab to check for errors, it should work, restart the terminal to make sure that every indicator get compiled.

project1972:
Well, I am not a mathematician, the MM I wrote was only to give me the numbers I wanted, that's all.

10000 is the divisor to reach the lot size I use the pipvalue, or tick value, as multiplier to reach the correct lotsize if we use a Mini Account at IBFX the pipvalue will be $1 for EURUSD and $10 on a standard account.

In theory we can use the lotsize, without multiplier, but, some brokers in the past had the Incorrect lotsize but the correct pipvalue, like Alpari RU, time ago they had a 10,000 lotsize in their demo account but the correct pipvalue

Another trouble of using lotsize in the MM is that if someone want to trade CFD's the lotsize can be much different of the 10,000 or 100,000 used on currencies, unfortunately the pipvalue and ticksize also can be different, because that, this MM can give trouble anyway on CFD's, but i don't think that this EA is suitable for CFD's, it was developed for currencies only.

Using a AccountFreeMargin value instead AccountEquity is ok and sometimes I also use it, but in this case the MM is so low that this not make difference.

Thanks. I'm a 'closet' mathematician . I think it'll be ok w/ the marketinfo-lotsize in there.

I'm going to start running this on 2 demo accounts; one w/ your lot calculation and one w/ mine and see how they do. I REALLY want to go live, but I want to get a little bit of time under my belt running both lot calcs (maybe a week or 2), then I'll go live.

I'm also going to work on an e-mail function to e-mail out the account balance and order info when an order is opened and closed. After that, I'll work on a DLL to put this info into a SQL db to power a website.

If your interested, I'll let you/everyone know how that goes.