Regression Analysis - page 11

andreatrade:

Dear mladen,

I have attached the BDV mtf indicator that calculates the band distance variation on the Bollinger Bands.

Should be possible to code a similar indicator for the Standard Error Bands ? Any other idea for hilighting the variation of the standard error bands would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance , Andrea

Andrea

Here is a version that uses standard error instead of standard deviation

Files:

Dear malden,

many thanks for the indicator.

Maybe I'm wrong but according to the attached picture I was expecting the indicator ( current,21,1,100) to increase instead of decreasing as the standard error bands (current,21,3,close price,true) are still expanding.

I'm looking to an indicator that should higlight the compression or expansion of the standard error bands ( maybe a different type of calculation/indi ? ).

thanks, Andrea

andreatrade:

Dear malden,

Maybe I'm wrong but according to the attached picture I was expecting the indicator ( current,21,1,100) to increase instead of decreasing as the standard error bands (current,21,3,close price,true) are still expanding.

I'm looking to an indicator that should higlight the compression or expansion of the standard error bands ( maybe a different type of calculation/indi ? ).

thanks, Andrea

The calculation for the standard error is exactly the same as in standard error bands. If you are using the same price and same period, those are exactly the same. There is no deviation from that (as you can check from the code, the code that calculates the standard error is exactly the same and there can not be difference for same parameters).

Just make sure that in the error bands you use close (since it is fixed in the "bstandard error" to close), and make sure to use 0 in the "StartBar" and 1 for "RangeBars" in the "bstandard error" indicator or else you are going to get a "RangeBars" average standard error starting from "StartBar"s ago and then you can not compare the two, but even then you can not compare the two (due to the formula used to "normalize" the average standard error to the values you are seeing)

andreatrade:

Dear malden,

thanks, Andrea

PS: for the sake of clear comparison - this is the clean standard error that should be used for comparison with bands. It is not calculating the distance variation on the Bollinger Bands using standard error, but is showing just the standard error - nothing else

Files:

mladen:

PS: for the sake of clear comparison - this is the clean standard error that should be used for comparison with bands. It is not calculating the distance variation on the Bollinger Bands using standard error, but is showing just the standard error - nothing else

dear mladen,

many thanks for your explanation.

I have found on the net the attached indicator ( Linear Regression Slope ) but it appears to be useless as it's plotting values in the past  as per the attached photo.

Is it possible to fix it ?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

andreatrade:

dear mladen,

many thanks for your explanation.

I have found on the net the attached indicator ( Linear Regression Slope ) but it appears to be useless as it's plotting values in the past  as per the attached photo.

Is it possible to fix it ?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

I don't know who made the "conversion" to new metatrader 4, but I am sure as hell that it was not gpwr (he would not have made such a nonsense - the values are completely inverted - past values are displayed in the future and vice versa, for one). Anyway, the correct version attached

Regression average posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002/page60

Linear regression sketcher, latest version, posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186064/page35

Linear regression sketcher with filters on prices posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186064/page37

mladen:

Linear regression sketcher with filters on prices posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186064/page37

Any version that would allow only lines to be seen?