I am looking for an EA that never see's more than a 15% DD and yields 25% per yr. - page 4

ElectricSavant:
Folks..

Take note of this thread...How many have responded?

It's like going into a biker Bar and yelling your a bunch of "pussies" and no one moves...

ES

P.S. Might this tell you that only a few systems can maintain low drawdown? Maybe you can count them on your fingers?

ES,

Although you're a new member in TSD, by reading your post can see you're a seasoned trader. You know its not easy to maintain 2 years with 15% drawdown. Especially MT4 took absolute drawdown as its DD calculation, therefore, whenever there is a month that lose money, it will become very high drawdown compare to whole year result. I personally trading for a very long time. My criteria is to make the most money out of the market, but keeping my margin as safe as possible, inorder to survive even if there is a lossing streak. Ofcourse, my lossing streak is horrible. I even wipe out few of my sub accounts. But over all profits for the year can see that the TOTAL DRAWDOWN(on all accounts) based on final balance(total balance of all accounts) is about 30% and return is more then 80% of my capital. Ofcourse, in the end after some calculation is, I lose a big chunck of stamp duty and commision on stock market, and quick a huge sum of SWAP after realized them togather. Now, by asking somebody to prove 15% DD and a 25% of return for a total of 2 years live trading? I guess you will never get even 1 pc of sand paper here in TSD. Try to ask newdigital, try to ask igor, try to ask codersguru, any more reputable person around? Or may be we can jump to FF and ask Sidus? Billy Agovino? Vegas? NO? Okay, lets jump to the macro, W*rren B*ffet? Ge*rge S*ros? Ah, Jessie Livermore is not around anymore... Dont you think its a little tough? Again, no offense. I'm just trying to give you my point of view. Ofcourse, have some backtest statement that never been proved to be profitable are meeting the criteria you're looking for, which is not realistic at all. Dont ask me, I hate to lose your money.

Regards

David

Files:
randomi.jpg  21 kb

david..Thanks for your interesting points.

I know for a fact that my benchmarks are already established in the accredited investor community.

Once upon a time I traded for these people...and yes I have had them pull money from the accounts...I no longer trade OPM...Thank the Lord.

ES

ElectricSavant:
My trading has been a miserable journey for 2007. In preperation for 2008, I have abandoned my quest for any profitable EA...there are not any....in 2008 I will allow others to trade my money, as I cannot successfully.

If in 2008 and I cannot be profitable, I will withdraw from Forex and perhaps all of trading and give up my life long dream to be a profitable and extremely successful. trader.

ES

My blog is below for the final leg of my Journey...I hope that I can hold to my vision and get of the gambling drug that trading has brought to me...Perhaps I have been in denial for 30 years....sad isn't it? (If I total all the money I have made in trading over my lifetime, I have lost more then 10-fold of it...folks this is the stark truth of a failed trader)

Bright Ideas

ES,

It is so sad to hear that you put up these statement. I cant belive its came from your post. I like your style, I like your existence in TSD, and I hate to see you go away. Dont get me wrong, this is not something personal, but an advice as a friend. According to all your post(insane! within half a year you actually make more post then me!), you've lost your focus. I cant seemed that you understand CONSISTANTLY PROFITABLE EA are not from the public forum. I'll bet you can never find a profitable EA FOREVER! The important part is that, whether you stick to 1 EA, and work on it until you have no more idea how to improve it. Seriously, until today I'm still using a very simple EA that only use 1xEMA and 1xLWMA on 1 of my investor account. You dont need to have a super EA that will profitable EVERYDAY, but its efficient and good enough towards the end of the year, it will yield you 25%. Trust me, the most people that get caught in forex simply because they're looking for more then 25%(I'm in these category last year. I made about 400% the 1st half year, gave it all back and lost a few accounts 2nd half of the year). If you could let your demo account run for 1 year with 1% risk model, I cant seemed there is any other reason you can wipe out your demo account.

Besides, have you ever really think about what is the purpose of having a demo account? IMO, having a demo account is to practice the live situation before you go to the war. Now, whether you take your training seriously after you join the camp. Because you know its only a training session, so you play the fool and fcuk around with your machine gun? You dont wear your jacket during training because you know the fake bullet can never harm you? You know your overall performance is going to pass the test, so you go and fcuk around with other mates instead of finish the entire test with your best ability? I bet most of the people did the same thing. They take the demo account as a game. They dont wear their jacket(no stop loss). They fcuk around with other stuff(when trading with your plan, you do not change your plan). Use a granade to blow people near by, and obviously you yourself will be the coleteral damage(bad leverage, over lot size). Play around with the freakin machine gun(over trading, unable to contain situation when something goes wrong)

Aren't these all happened to your live trading? Am I get to the point? Because you TRAIN yourself that way. You have this subconcious which is "DEMO account can always restart, so I'll take it serious next time!", now, can you tell your broker to restart your live account after you wipe out? Ofcourse you can, you pay the price. You've forgotton the most important thing on the army training. You own your life, if you do not perform well during the battle, you're either died on the field(margin call), or you survive. You fought for your financial freedom. Before its too late, make a plan and start your demo.

Regards

David

Boo... manually trading.. I have had no losses, however my max floating drawdown was 16.61% and my ROI is 21%..

I have to fine tune my strategy and my feelings quite a bit ES, but I will meet your requirements soon enough.

So now I will buy EA's...I am hopelessly lost....(you would not believe one of the PM's I got...for a hundred bucks I can get a Russian scalping system). You know what?...it probably works!

some of my best friends are Russian....really...I am serious.

ES

I cant seemed that you understand CONSISTANTLY PROFITABLE EA are not from the public forum. I'll bet you can never find a profitable EA FOREVER!

ElectricSavant:
So now I will buy EA's...I am hopelessly lost....(you would not believe one of the PM's I got...for a hundred bucks I can get a Russian scalping system). You know what?...it probably works!

ES

I cant seemed that you understand CONSISTANTLY PROFITABLE EA are not from the public forum. I'll bet you can never find a profitable EA FOREVER!

Well, the least you can do is continuously improve what is available on the public. I knew there are tons of profitable DUDE out there took EAs from TSD, modified and use on their own account, but never make it available to public anymore. And, I did not say the COMMERCIAL holy grail will work. There is no scalping system will ever work, because broker can NEVER place your 20lots order on the good fit price and close it immediately the next pip movement on the desire price. Even ECN, when you placed a 20lots order, and tend to close it after 1 pip profit, you probably get slipped 2pips and get out with -1pip loss. So, save your money from buying EA. I had a working EA, I will NEVER sell it. Decompile EA only cost 10euros.

Anyway, I thought I make myself clear on my previous post. I was wondering whether I still can pull you back to trade demo, start to really do some analysis and treat your demo account live. But seems like I'm too late. All I hear from your reply is negative and sarcarsm. I think I'm late, you've already gone. May god bless you find someother way out on your last leg. I'll still take you as a friend, if you have anything need to ask, I'll be ready to reply you in PM.

Regards

David

ES,

Your post really saddened me. Even though I don't know you I certainly got used to your postings, your style and your determination. I think in some sense your notice represented the frustrations and failures that we all have experienced.

I don't know whether you conclusions are right or not, but the decision to halt the search for a good EA must be entirely yours due to the cost and time commitments.

In the meantime (for now) I will keep searching for something that hints that it works without enormous risk and over a stable period of time. But I, and no doubt many others, will miss your questions, analyses and overall presence should you leave.

Good luck always,

saintmo

My trading has been a miserable journey for 2007. In preperation for 2008, I have abandoned my quest for any profitable EA...there are not any....in 2008 I will allow others to trade my money, as I cannot successfully.

If in 2008 and I cannot be profitable, I will withdraw from Forex and perhaps all of trading and give up my life long dream to be a profitable and extremely successful. trader.

ES

My blog is below for the final leg of my Journey...I hope that I can hold to my vision and get off the gambling drug that trading has brought to me...Perhaps I have been in denial for 30 years....sad isn't it? (If I total all the money I have made in trading over my lifetime, I have lost more then 10-fold of it...folks this is the stark truth of a failed trader)

Bright Ideas

I am continuing in my blog and I will check in here often. There is an entire world of managed accounts out there. IBFX will close my six zero'ed out accounts probably in 6 months and if anybody finds any EA that can make a profit (there are not any) let me know....but I am not looking or wasting my time...(my inbox is full of EA's offered for sale to me...I could easily spend over 10k)

ES

saintmo:
ES,

Your post really saddened me. Even though I don't know you I certainly got used to your postings, your style and your determination. I think in some sense your notice represented the frustrations and failures that we all have experienced.

I don't know whether you conclusions are right or not, but the decision to halt the search for a good EA must be entirely yours due to the cost and time commitments.

In the meantime (for now) I will keep searching for something that hints that it works without enormous risk and over a stable period of time. But I, and no doubt many others, will miss your questions, analyses and overall presence should you leave.

Good luck always,

saintmo

ElectricSavant:
I am continuing in my blog and I will check in here often, Their is an entire world of managed accounts out there. IBFX will close my six zero'ed out accounts probably in 6 months and if anybody finds any EA that can make a profit (there are not any) let me know....but I am not looking or wasting my time...(my inbox is full of EA's offered for sale to me...I could easily spend over 10k) ES

Hi ES,

What was happend to you it happened to me earlier. Iam also trying to search the best ea available...but so for could not find any. I ask new digital and below is part of answer i got from him...

"If some person said: "it is profitable EA". Does not matter which one. Just profitable, right? And no any information about the following::

- which broker or broker's data;

- how it was coded (close bar, high/low of the close bar, open bar etc);

- is it easy to backtest this xxxxx EA? If not so how we can select the settings? In the same way as I am doing (forward testing during the 2 years)? Too long way for selling I think.

Sorry, ruparaw, it is fully related to your question. Some EAs (which I am testing) are profitable with some brokers (I am testing with) and with some particular settings using some deposize size. May be, profitable with the other brokers as well. I did not try. Besides it is fully related to the settings and deposit size. But anyway, we may look inside the code of any elite section EA and check verything. But we can not look inside the code of commercial EA to see how it was coded.

Need the example? Well, very profitable xxxxxxx EA was coded on high/low of the close bar (high/low of the close bar is different sometimes with different brokers) so the performance may be very different as well and fully depends on the brokers data. What does it mean? It means the following: it is profitable with North Finance broker with Codersguru's settings (he is the author) and was not profitable with IBFX broker with the same settings (Codersguru used this EA with default setting for last Metaquotes contest and it was IBFX datafeed in that time)."

The point i am trying to highlight here is as per blue statement made by NG eventhough we bought a commercial ea (claim to be profitable), they are not going to give us the source code.