Repainting indicators - page 2

tsdpka:
ND

the bykovTrend_sig doesnt refresh when using it in live mode and you have to reload the charts all the time to get it updated. thatswhy i call it "repainting". the arrows after chart reloading are different than before chart reloading. the brainTrend2Sig attached here, applied for audusd, eurjpy on dates like 17/8, 29/8, 30/8 does repaint.

please attach here the versions you are currently testing and you think not to repaint and i'll check them again.

thx a lot

BykovTrend_sig is working fine: re-freshibng and does not re-paint. i am checking it right now: i am openning the order manually on GBPJPY M1 timeframe for 7th of August with stop loss =50 and closing the order on the other arrow. Working fine.

Braintrading2 signal is attached. This indicator is using in EA as icustom indicator so it should not re-paint. It is from latest Igorad's set.

newdigital:
BykovTrend_sig is working fine: re-freshibng and does not re-paint. i am checking it right now: i am openning the order manually on GBPJPY M1 timeframe for 7th of August with stop loss =50 and closing the order on the other arrow. Working fine. Braintrading2 signal is attached. This indicator is using in EA as icustom indicator so it should not re-paint. It is from latest Igorad's set.

thx for the attachements

i've tested your bykov version and it doesnt refresh in live mode for my platform. the chart has to be reloaded after each bar for getting the most actual arrow. do you maybe know how to resolve it ?

thx a lot

tsdpka:
thx for the attachements

i've tested your bykov version and it doesnt refresh in live mode for my platform. the chart has to be reloaded after each bar for getting the most actual arrow. do you maybe know how to resolve it ?

thx a lot

Checking ...

Files:
checking.gif  30 kb

BagovinoBar indicator

Hi,

Does this indicator repaint itself?

Edit... have checked on M1 timeframe it needs to be refreshed after every bar, quite tedious on a small time frame.

tsdpka:
thx for the attachements

thx a lot

Not re-freshing.

Files:
before.gif  17 kb
after.gif  17 kb

So what you are saying is that to get the best result out of the indicator is not to refresh at all???

Hi,

regarding XPMA I can say that there are definitively versions which repaint at least when using the standard demo alpari datafeed. Even see FX Snipers MA and the tremendous chart-examples on his website. They repaint on this feed.

I mention the datafeed because I do not know if the inaccurancy is a cause of metatrader, the computerized calculations of doubles in general or of the used datafeed.

On XPMA I encoutered that the colours changed on my chart when restarting metratrader some time later. IMO XPMA has a problem in the equation of the doubles to estimate the colour of XMPA. The XPMA colour depends on the slope of the xpma. When the slope is flat XPMA turns to yellow. But flat or equal on 20 digits is another thing than flat on 5 or less digits. So if time and data goes on it could be that the calculation of the XPMA varies a little on one ore more of the rightest digits.

To get more stable results I integrated a function to round the doubles to one more digit than the symbol has itself (f.e. eur/usd has 4 digits - so I round the parameters of the equation to 5 digits)

Any other solutions or experiences are welcome.

SilverTrend_sig is refreshing and not re-painting.

Files:

Of repainting

It does not have to do anything with the data feed

It has mainly to do with the way Metatrader draws on screen and, coding practice. Allmost every two or more colors line indicator found in the open for Metatrader does repaint (meaning that it is going to change color of the previous bars line in some cases, I am not talking here about other kinds of repainting (SnakeForce like,etc,etc...))

For example: you have points 1 2 3 4

You want to draw line from 1 to 2 and from 3 to 4 using one buffer

If you assign values to point 1 and 2 and then 3 and 4 metatrader is not going to draw two lines but one from point 1 thru to point 4. Different coding needs to be done and among free indicators you are going to find, very few are coded to avoid the Metatrader trap

fxFox:
Hi,

regarding XPMA I can say that there are definitively versions which repaint at least when using the standard demo alpari datafeed. Even see FX Snipers MA and the tremendous chart-examples on his website. They repaint on this feed.

I mention the datafeed because I do not know if the inaccurancy is a cause of metatrader, the computerized calculations of doubles in general or of the used datafeed.

On XPMA I encoutered that the colours changed on my chart when restarting metratrader some time later. IMO XPMA has a problem in the equation of the doubles to estimate the colour of XMPA. The XPMA colour depends on the slope of the xpma. When the slope is flat XPMA turns to yellow. But flat or equal on 20 digits is another thing than flat on 5 or less digits. So if time and data goes on it could be that the calculation of the XPMA varies a little on one ore more of the rightest digits.

To get more stable results I integrated a function to round the doubles to one more digit than the symbol has itself (f.e. eur/usd has 4 digits - so I round the parameters of the equation to 5 digits)

Any other solutions or experiences are welcome.

Tested it sofar

newdigital:
SilverTrend_sig is refreshing and not re-painting.

ND

This SilverTrend_sig version is behaving as it should sofar. thx for attaching it here.

tsdpka