SYNERGY Trading Method - page 81

RayBan19:
Hi MrTools,

just stumbled across the old Synergy Thread and your TDI Red/green MTF alert. I got an idea how we can make this better and spare some arrows. The up and down arrows would be sufficient and could also be used as a standalone indicator for another system.

There shouldn´t be any repainting or recalculating as long as the entry signal candle is closed.

What I find intriguing about the system is not the TDI, but the 5 MA smoothed High and Low

channel. The signal (arrow) is given, if a part of the candle - not only the wicks - is closing above (uptrend) or below (downtrend) the 5 MA channel.

The only bad thing that will happen is that in a range bound market there would be some arrows which shouldn´t be used as valid. I think that could be handled only discretionary by the trader himself. If it would be possible to filter these out in MTF, that would be even better, but I assume that wouldn´t be possible.

I hope I´ve evoked your interest to make a little dream of mine come true.

Keep up the good work,

Ray

Ray added the mtf and arrows for the PA Bars channel and made both the TDI and the Pa Bars Channel compatible with new mt4 builds.

Hey MrTools,

first of all let me thank you very much.

For some reason I only get strange looking candles and no arrows, if I implement your "PA Bars and channel alerts and arrows" indicator.

For the TDI it may only seem to me that nothing has changed, if I compare it to the old one.

Besides I eventually made myself not clear enough. I try again. - I come from Germany by the way, so my english could be better.

Arrow up : If part of the candle is above the upper 5 MA, not only the wick, after it has closed. (Arrow up is used only on the first one that breaks the upper MA)

Arrow down : If part of the candle is below the smoothed 5 MA beneath after it closed.

If these arrows are set correctly, then we don´t need to see the MA channel band and have room for something else. (I experiment a lot with MAs.)

Let me give you an example. Let´s take the S&P 500 Cash Hourly : the index made a low around 1835 on 2/27. The fifth Up-Candle

would be a signal candle (Arrow up) as part of it was above the upper 5 MA.

There wouldn´t be another arrow ´til today. The second down candle after the top would be valid as part of it is under the 5 Low MA.

One more : if you look at the move from the top on 2/26 the sixth down candle would deserve an arrow. Then comes nothing more

´til the example above. There would be 3 arrows from the top on 2/26 ´til now on the Hourly.

That´s it. - If you look at this on higher time frames like the Weekly you are often in for a long ride. There should be a clear trend though...lol..

Could you place the arrows a little bit more away from the candle. Sometimes they touch too much.

TIA,

Ray

RayBan19:
Hey MrTools,

first of all let me thank you very much.

For some reason I only get strange looking candles and no arrows, if I implement your "PA Bars and channel alerts and arrows" indicator.

For the TDI it may only seem to me that nothing has changed, if I compare it to the old one.

Besides I eventually made myself not clear enough. I try again. - I come from Germany by the way, so my english could be better.

Arrow up : If part of the candle is above the upper 5 MA, not only the wick, after it has closed. (Arrow up is used only on the first one that breaks the upper MA)

Arrow down : If part of the candle is below the smoothed 5 MA beneath after it closed.

If these arrows are set correctly, then we don´t need to see the MA channel band and have room for something else. (I experiment a lot with MAs.)

Let me give you an example. Let´s take the S&P 500 Cash Hourly : the index made a low around 1835 on 2/27. The fifth Up-Candle

would be a signal candle (Arrow up) as part of it was above the upper 5 MA.

There wouldn´t be another arrow ´til today. The second down candle after the top would be valid as part of it is under the 5 Low MA.

One more : if you look at the move from the top on 2/26 the sixth down candle would deserve an arrow. Then comes nothing more

´til the example above. There would be 3 arrows from the top on 2/26 ´til now on the Hourly.

That´s it. - If you look at this on higher time frames like the Weekly you are often in for a long ride. There should be a clear trend though...lol..

Could you place the arrows a little bit more away from the candle. Sometimes they touch too much.

TIA,

Ray

Ray, changed the arrows on the PA Bars to match your request, also added an option to show the high low channel or not, the arrow distance from the candles are controlled by arrowsDisplacement which you can change to how you like. Not sure what you meant by "strange" looking candles and arrows not working, and later you say the arrows are "touching" the candle too much, so not sure if the arrows were working for you or not.

mrtools:
Ray, changed the arrows on the PA Bars to match your request, also added an option to show the high low channel or not, the arrow distance from the candles are controlled by arrowsDisplacement which you can change to how you like. Not sure what you meant by "strange" looking candles and arrows not working, and later you say the arrows are "touching" the candle too much, so not sure if the arrows were working for you or not.

The arrows weren´t working. Only on the TDI File, on which I put my comment on.

The candles on the PA File changed their look extremely for colors and stuff and no arrows.

The mentioned arrow problem was one of the TDI File.

If it wasn´t to much to ask, I would prefer to use a fatter "arrow" symbol.

Mr Tools, you are awesome....like an arrow on the move. :-) Thanks for your always quick replies.

Your idea of how to make this work as you explained is fantastic.

Unfortunately the file doesn´t work again. It almost looks the same as before. I don´t know why.

I tried a lot of your work for testing, if it could be suitable for me and I honestly never had this problem. - Could it be that the update for the new build of MT4 causes this problem ?

We will get it together,

Ray

P.S. May be this one or a slightly modified one will be a cornerstone of my trading strategy of the future. It´s so great and I searched so long......the best I found in a long time.

RayBan19:
The arrows weren´t working. Only on the TDI File, on which I put my comment on.

The candles on the PA File changed their look extremely for colors and stuff and no arrows.

The mentioned arrow problem was one of the TDI File.

If it wasn´t to much to ask, I would prefer to use a fatter "arrow" symbol.

Mr Tools, you are awesome....like an arrow on the move. :-) Thanks for your always quick replies.

Your idea of how to make this work as you explained is fantastic.

Unfortunately the file doesn´t work again. It almost looks the same as before. I don´t know why.

I tried a lot of your work for testing, if it could be suitable for me and I honestly never had this problem. - Could it be that the update for the new build of MT4 causes this problem ?

We will get it together,

Ray

P.S. May be this one or a slightly modified one will be a cornerstone of my trading strategy of the future. It´s so great and I searched so long......the best I found in a long time.

Ray this is a picture of default settings except arrowsVisible = true on build 610.

Thanks for your contribution, but I was on another Arrow trip.

How could I help ?

Hey Mr Tools,

don´t think, program...lol..

The arrows should be according to the rules as I described.

These should match my example given.

It´s not about the Synergy system anymore, but only a part of that : the MA channel of that system.

That´s our target.

Traders Dynamic Index version 3 : tdi_3.mq4

Files:
tdi_3.mq4  9 kb