The "Demo" account idea

Hi

Many Forex platform offer new registrants a demo account. a typical example would provide 10,000 "demo" dollars that can be traded as a means of learning how to succeed in Forex.

Coming to understand that reason must rule over emotion is the most important lesson a trader can learn and it cannot be done with play money. If is no conequence to indulging in emotinal responses to the market, there is no learning, so "demo" accounts tend to have little educational value.

Better solution is to start trading with a little $$ and then including in full access to one -on-one training....

I would like to hear you opinion about "demo"

Hi

Recently I discovered Forex Simulator-You can learn more in a week of historical simulations than you can learn in six months using a real time demo account driven by live price action. Using desktop simulator you can test your favorite trading strategy against a virtually unlimited supply of historical feeds....

This is an often repeated argument and may be true for those who want to trade manually. I find demo accounts very useful for system testing.

Yeah, it usually helps to familiarize yourself with whatever trading platform you want to use as well.

Just as an aside, how many people make profits long-term on their demo accounts? I.e. more than six months.

dbuba:
Hi Recently I discovered Forex Simulator-You can learn more in a week of historical simulations than you can learn in six months using a real time demo account driven by live price action. Using desktop simulator you can test your favorite trading strategy against a virtually unlimited supply of historical feeds....

One of the simulator’s greatest benefits lies in providing you the means to effortlessly display calculated pivot points (support and resistance points displayed as horizontal lines on each day’s chart) with a single click of your mouse

I don't understand why so many people test a system with simulator or back test or whatever..why don't they try with a real mini account. Because now we can trade with only one cent / pip. Why should you use the imaginary items ?

Hi nicesurf

I agree with you , real account is the best way to learn trading , teher are forex platform where you can start trading with $50 , it is great to start learning use real account...