Hma Ea - page 3

I made some updates for HMA EA and TesterReport.

Now you can see profit value for Long and Short as a histogram.

In the EA you should set VisualMode=2 and in the indicator Mode=1.

Files:

Running both the EA and TesterReport together show us immediately if an EA can be successful. The histogram works perfectly in it's demonstration of how much strategy tweaking is warranted to generate consistent profit and minimise drawdown. By being able to display the pip range post signal by way of a histogram it becomes immediately clear whether we have entered viable settings for the EA. If it is possible to save these results along with the report generated by MT4 we could further process this information and find the frequency distribution for each pip range thereby perfecting our strategy.

I am certain that many well thought out EA's have been rejected due to the lack of representation of this information, instead expecting to somehow miraculously catch every turn in the market when in reality this is very unlikely to occur. Igorad has shown us that given the tools (and skill) we will perhaps most likely be better off looking at each EA and indicator much more closely than just a cursory glance.

Now it is time to put igorad's skills to the test by entering data sets to see how far we can push this EA ....

By the nature of te fact that HMA is a moving average I assume that planning strategies using the strategy tester is best calculated using the Open Prices Only model? Could someone confirm that this is correct, please.

Given the endless permutations available within the data set, what is the best way to begin the search for the best data set to optimise? Does eveyone just guess figures then take it from there? Thoughts please!

I guess the best way is to start at the bottom and work upwards That's what I'll do ....

How can we work out how many trades make >20 pips, >30 pips etc?

Igorad - We need to analyse the EA/TesterReport in order to fine tune the EA data set. Strategy tester's optimisations do not offer sufficient functionality to do this. Each signaled trade can make both a profit and a loss and we ought to be considering how to manage them both by setting the optimum values in the data set. This can not be done effectively without knowing the +ve and -ve peaks made during a trade. Can this be done by programming using MQL?

GBPUSD 18 months backtest

Files:

... moving averages .... best calculated (in strategy tester) using the Open Prices Only model?

I'm using the Open Prices Only model as MA signals are calculated on the closing price of the last bar. If anyone feels that this is not correct then feel free to offer your insight.

... knowing the +ve and -ve peaks made during a trade (allowing us to plot the frequency distribution in pips). Can this be done by programming using MQL?

Anyone? Anywhere?

Hi Sadly,

Can you post your recommended settings?

The data set is posted above in the gbpusd 60m.set. These should be:-

GBPUSD on 60M TF w. Price = 0, Length = 30, PctFilter = 4 Optional is the SL = 100