Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 233

Mr. Pip & other coders – thank-you for your truly brillant work. The EA is a piece of art.

I am currently testing it on 27 different pairs and will post results soon so that we can find which pairs work best with what settings. I have, for now, optimized the exit method, where 16 pairs exit with a new signal and 11 exit with zigzag. I have also optimized the daily stoch settings, as I use this as an entry filter (for my manual trading). The SLs are calculated based on the individual ADR (Average Daily Range) of each pair divided by 2. I’ll post a summary table later.

Now, I’ve visually backtested using the zig-zag point v2 (which leaves the repainted candles on screen) and my observation is that one last thing would be needed for the EA to be close to perfection. The only entry filter I currently use is the “3 bar confirmation”. But if something like “if one of the previous 2 candes are repaints, don’t enter and start fresh (reset current bar to 1)” could be added, then this would practically eliminate all false signals. I actually use this in my manual trades and it just works wonders, but the ea doesn’t “see” this and enters on the 3rd bar regardless and thus enters too early.

Since I haven’t finished reading the whole thread (I’m currently on page 102) this idea might have already been discussed – if so please disregard. Or this might not be implementable, for various programming reasons. I read that repainting issues are not easily handled. But if that’s the case, we might be able to find some sort of work-around.

Anyway, let me know if this is possible, as it could definitly boost the performance with much safer entries.

I’m willing to do massive forward testing and post analytic tables of the results. I have heavily contributed to the development of other EAs, but in other threads or privately, so I know what I’m doing .

Thanks and I wish everyone a great trading summer with lots of thunderpip storms!

PS: I'm also compiling a Word file with the most compelling/important posts since the beginning, so if anyone is too lazy (hehe) to go through the whole thread, I'll gladly share the file.

Current situation assessment

OPEN TRADES

Here's a table showing the current situation. These are all 0.1 lots. Note that the oldest trade is barely a week old, many are in their infancy (from Friday). I didn't take into consideration the closed (profitable) trades from last week, just what's going on now.

This is all if the repainting element I'm talking about in my previous post was implemented.

I'll provide results at end of week showing with/without implementation.

Many cheers!

Files:

I couldn't edit my last post because of "server updating" but there was a mistake. Here is the correct table.

Files:

Newdigital

the snapsot

Files:
tsd.gif  27 kb
qqe.mq4  4 kb

ahamed:
the snapsot

Hi ahamed,

I don't know this system.

To say where to exit so it is necessary to trade this system, to test the indicators, to feel this system ...

Ms_Mel:
I couldn't edit my last post because of "server updating" but there was a mistake. Here is the correct table.

Decent results dude.

forexmoments:
Decent results dude.

That's dudess

back!

I will be back this week alot more. I have completed my other project and am ready to do some trading.

I started testing the ea on 28 pairs (not 27) 2 weeks ago. The first week, as I was making adjustments and basically trying to understand how the settings work (still not clear on the trailing stops), I had quite serious drawdown, as you can see in the statement (nb: it's sorted by pairs, note date). Then last week, as I understood better and personalized the various pairs, things got much better (again, see statement). Basically:

Initial capital: $5,000.00

Week 1 results: -$1,555.27

Week 2 results: +$5597.85

Current equity: $9,042.58

I’m using mini lots (0.1).

I mentioned earlier that if it was possible to modify the ea so that it does not take a trade if the 2 preceding bars have an arrow would make this much better. The other thing that I noticed, which doesn’t help in testing and getting the true results, is that when the ea encounters “trade context busy”, it does not check/retry later and that causes some very good trades to not be taken or some exits not being triggered (that’s the reason there’s one negative open trade on the statement – it should have exited a long time ago with positive pips.

I still need to understand better how the various exits work. I've had to exit many trades manually. And I’m not sure how the trailing stops work either - but I haven’t finished reading the whole thread (on page 158 at the moment, for those who pm’d me, be patient, I’m almost done) so this might have been covered.

Ok, so basically I have 3 questions:

1. If ever you still come around here bear/forex11, do you mind if I post a summary of the 1st 230 or so pages of the thread? (maybe you want people to read the whole thing, as a proof of their willingness to do a bit of WORK before being fed pablum – I believe I learned quite a bit more by reading from scratch, personally anyway.)

2. Programmers, is it even possible to try and start thinking of a way to implement the “at signal, check prior 2 candles and if either one of them (or both) are wearing an arrow hat, don’t move” or is this repainting issue just something we need to live with?

3. Can something be done so that the ea checks/retries upon “trade context busy” errors? (this, I seem to remember, was in fact implemented in another ea I tested).

I still need to work on exits at the moment, and analysing 28 pairs is of course a lot of work and takes a long time, but I’m getting there. Something I’m thinking is to note the daily trend of all pairs, and set the ea for each pair to go only long/only short for the really trending pairs (ex audnzd), and leave open for the ranging or volatile ones. Or go with the trend on ALL pairs and play it safe, this would be like some kind of retracement hitting system.

Anyway, almost doubling the initial capital in 2 weeks is definitely impressive, to say the least. I understand I’m still in many trades that aren’t closed, but I could do a close-all now, and get that result. So the potential’s there. And with the 2 bug fixes, well even the sky wouldn’t be the limit.

OK that’s enough for today, play safe and have fun!

Files:

All trades still in positive territory @ sunday open. Two new trades taken just a few minutes ago.

This week-end, I set trailing stops for all pairs at ADR/2. Let's see what happens.

I wish everyone a super great trading week.