Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 140

I'm pretty sure that they stay where they were initially on the chart, I think that was the reason for V2 but I'm not positive. The easiest way to tell would be to put the indicator on a 1m chart and watch for the arrows, every time one appears you could put some text on the chart or draw a line, and see if they move around at all. You should get quite a few on a pair like GBPJPY.

I should have thought of that. Thanks.

Forex11,

Do you normally wait until the close of a candle after the qqe cross to get into a trade? I notice that the stops can be rather big if you do this. Alternatively, if you don't wait you may get stopped out more for smaller stops.

yes

hoss:
Forex11, Do you normally wait until the close of a candle after the qqe cross to get into a trade? I notice that the stops can be rather big if you do this. Alternatively, if you don't wait you may get stopped out more for smaller stops.

yes i usually wait until close of candle. and as for my stops i usually have a rather large stop. with the gbp/jpy you have to give it room to breath.

Now, My Questions About That

So Forex11, you are waiting to see an arrow followed by a QQE cross. Is that right? If so, what if you don't get a QQE cross for five or so bars?

If we weren't going into the weekend would this be a valid trade short as soon as we get a confirmed nonlag dot that is red?

Files:
ej.gif  6 kb

maybe

harooki2:
So Forex11, you are waiting to see an arrow followed by a QQE cross. Is that right? If so, what if you don't get a QQE cross for five or so bars?

yes. and a certain candle with a large wick

harooki2:
OK, this is exactly what I'm trying to figure out. If this version keeps all the arrows on the chart, it is indeed possible to go back in time and see "false" signals (signals that weren't confirmed by the QQE, for example). In other words, you can see what would have happened to you if you had taken all those signals with and without confirmation.

1) And those arrows haven't moved around or disappeared, is that correct?

2) Have you been able to confirm that the arrows remain where they were originally painted in real time?

3) At what point do the big ZigZag arrows become little ones?

4) If v2 leaves the false signal arrows, what good is the Z-Z1 then (I thought that was the purpose of the Z-Z1)?

The answers to these questions make a very big difference in my conclusions about this, so I appreciate your considerate response.

Sorry, living in GMT+7 I just woke up

The arrows don't move anymore, they stay.

The big arrow becomes a small arrow as soon as a new arrow in the same direction appears (new high/low).

And the big arrow stays forever as soon as an arrow in the opposite direction appears.

About the Z-Z1 - excuse my ignorance - I have no idea as I don't use it!

Hey guys, I been toying with another indicator for confirming legit arrows. Its the good ole Waddah Attar Explosion.

It signals faster than qqe in most cases and about the same as nonlagdot. The main difference of waddah attar explosion is that it also shows the strength of the trend. If the red/green bar is above the brown signal line its a strong signal.

Just another tool in the shed, for those who want to tinker.

I've personally been using a qqe crossover for confirmation, but instead of the TF that I get the arrow on, I drop down a TF and look for the crossover there to get a better entry. For example, If I get an arrow on the 1 hr I'll drop to 30m TF until I get a crossover then hop in.

I've tried to use MFI, but its a skill that takes a while to master.

Files:

droesparky:
yesterday cable gave a great signal and a beautiful candle to enter on the hourly chart. https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/32/cable.gif

Mr Droesparky,

What is this orange dot on this chart ?

Please can you tell more about this indicator ?

Thanks