The Only Pivot - page 86

stevenali:
look at ibfx platform

Look at my screen shot [from IBFX] in previous post, 2SMA is below the floating pivot. Can you show me your screen shot from IBFX?

et_phonehome_2:
Look at my screen shot [from IBFX] in previous post, 2SMA is below the floating pivot. Can you show me your screen shot from IBFX?

you can see here

Files:
today.gif  14 kb

Stevenali

Its strange that your is different from mine.... If you don't mine, can you attach the alert signal you are using? See what I have below.

Files:
indicators.jpg  17 kb

you can try this one

stevenali:
you can see here

Is IBFX is GMT +3 ?

Thanks

MJ

ibfx is gmt 00

so.. after a couple weeks i come to this conclusion about entry

ENTRY is EXCACTLY do at GMT 00 ,

where ever 2 SMMA is above or below OPEN DAY LINE (my pivot) do BUY or SELL immediatly

the scenario is

1 If price move in our direction, so we are not late for collecting pips

2. If we have to REVERSE, can be minimize....

stevenali:
you can try this one

Thanks for posting, but unfortunately, it did not correct anything. I had replaced TheOnlyPivot_Signal with TheOnlyPivot_MA CrossoverSignal, it showed no arrows. I had also tried having both attached, same as before, arrows different from your screen shot. TheOnlyPivot_Signal_BB works, it just show crossing of BB lines.

Its very puzzling that the arrows are different, I am using the setttings of MA_Period =2 and MA_Method=2 which is the defaults.

et_phonehome_2:
Thanks for posting, but unfortunately, it did not correct anything. I had replaced TheOnlyPivot_Signal with TheOnlyPivot_MA CrossoverSignal, it showed no arrows. I had also tried having both attached, same as before, arrows different from your screen shot. TheOnlyPivot_Signal_BB works, it just show crossing of BB lines. Its very puzzling that the arrows are different, I am using the setttings of MA_Period =2 and MA_Method=2 which is the defaults.

maybe we should forget the arrow

back to basic... 2smma and opening day line price

stevenali:
maybe we should forget the arrow

back to basic... 2smma and opening day line price

Even if I not use the arrow, why is it that your candles are above the opening day line price and my chart shows it below? Has the program which shows the opening day line price change from what I am using - can you repost the program which produces this line?

Thanks....

The problem is not with your TheOnlyPivot_Signal indicator, but with the TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator. TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator you are using was coded not to use Sunday bars. If you want to use Sunday bars to calculate the open price like Stevenali then use the enclosed indicator TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun. I prefer not to use the Sunday bars when calculating open price and use TheOnlyPivot_Level.

If you decide to use TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun then you will have to make changes to TheOnlyPivot_Signal to use the TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun indicator to produce correct signals.

The first chart is using TheOnlyPivot_Level and TheOnlyPivot_Signal and second chart is using TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun and TheOnlyPivot_Signal_Sun. I guess it's a matter of preference. You will only see this problem if your broker displays weekend bars like IBFX does.

TimeFreedom

et_phonehome_2:
Even if I not use the arrow, why is it that your candles are above the opening day line price and my chart shows it below? Has the program which shows the opening day line price change from what I am using - can you repost the program which produces this line? Thanks....