The Only Pivot - page 149

bad day today... 1 long and 1 short stepped out.

What's crazzy pair today

Files:
gbpjpy_37.gif  32 kb

remcous:
bad day today... 1 long and 1 short stepped out. What's crazzy pair today

we have different chart... r u using broker with time serverat GMT 00?

22 Jan 2008

+252pips today

so 381 + 252 = 633pips for this week

peterdias77:
22 Jan 2008

+252pips today

so 381 + 252 = 633pips for this week

Do you mind sharing your exit strategy?

Sorry if you already did. I just read this entire thread, along with some other threads mentioned in this one. And now I can't remember everything that has been mentioned already.

I am going to start demo trading this, using BT as a filter on a 15 min chart. And probably use TimeFreedom's exit strategy. It looks really good. Thanks everyone for.

Buy Signal

Hi TimeFreedom,

Thanks for your quick response, I got all the files.

But I still not clear with your buying signal today, because I think MA was not crossing Floating Pivot from bellow. Could you please let me know what're the signals for buying today.

Best Regards,

Arman07

arman07:
Hi TimeFreedom,

But I still not clear with your buying signal today, because I think MA was not crossing Floating Pivot from bellow. Could you please let me know what're the signals for buying today.

Best Regards,

Arman07

I could be wrong, but I think you enter at the start of the day whichever side the 2wma line is on. You don't need it to cross at the start of the day.

davidwillis:
I could be wrong, but I think you enter at the start of the day whichever side the 2wma line is on. You don't need it to cross at the start of the day.

You are correct. If you noticed, many times, it will cross sideways into the next day without crossing from below or above the 2WMA.

Hourly Pivots

aelimian:
Thank you very much. Do you increase your lots at SAR or cut your losses and enter a new trade. What are your pairs bearing in mind the spread?

Dear Aelimian,

sorry for the delay ... busy in the office.

Well, I am still investigating if this is a viable setup. I don't trade it yet. I think it will be a good directional filter, but the signal generation should come from another system, e.g. Heikin Ashi Trend Rotation.

I posted it to share this idea with the author of the original system discussed in this thread.

If your getting different signals then most likely you are using a broker with a different server time than mine. I use IBFX, GMT+0, and you should use the same if you want to compare apples with apples.

PS: Please post a screenshot for analysis.

TimeFreedom

arman07:
Hi TimeFreedom,

Best Regards,

Arman07

My chart

Hi Timefreedom,

Please find my chart, I think there's only sideways crossover.

Files:
mychart.jpg  178 kb