The Only Pivot - page 223

The answer to your question is here.

Note: New traders to the thread need to read through all the posts to get a history on the OnlyPivot strategy.

TimeFreedom

ArtFx2008:
TimeFreedom,

Today I only got 2 signals buy and sell, but first you have sell signal but I couldn't see the Red Arrow on your chart. Is that something wrong with my indicators or EA ?

Thanks & Regards

You may want to use the OnlyPivot_W1F here, which uses the weekly open price filter. W1F gives you less signals. This week W1F has performed the best out of the three strategies.

Note: Since David has a new version of the EA, v1.6, I will test to determine the best filter to use going forward.

TimeFreedom

Invicible_kid:

to timefreedom and davidwillis,

it's a good and really good indicators! thank you so much, even i could recognize now the patterns by using this yours (the sun signal).

Right now i just very curious, i have changed my charts to timeframe of 4H, suddenly the indicators and the signal become frequently appears on my MT. I believe the more these appears the bigger chances to increase total winning and trading though it use the EA or not. I just get BORED i repeat BORED to wait the signals and the entries in timeframe 1H. For the currencies, i have applied up until 10 currencies and it's great to watch that it's WORKS! (but i have not applied the EA yet ), the sad things is i doing the trading the same time i have office hours, it's difficult to steal the time, so i just start up the MT, analyze the trend, and put the trade manually, so when i think alternatively it's going to be great if i have the EA doing this automaticaly when i start using the MT. I really have busy time in office but I REALLY WANT TO GRAB MY OPPORTUNITIES : THE FOREX WAY!

it's possible to apply to 4H timeframe this indicators and the EA? does anybody do this?

Again, your time and work is appreciated. I will test to determine the best filter to use going forward.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
Ok, here is version 1.6. I think it is working right. There is an option to add filters, and to allow them to enter late or only if they agree at the time of the ma cross. Anyway, try it out and let me know how it works. I think I have most of the bugs worked out...

cgldsmth:
thanks David, great stuff. any chance you could add a "break even at x pips" function to help with those whipsaws??

it will do that right now. Just set SLA1 to the pips, and SL1 to zero.

If you want to use the Weekly Open Filter (W1F) to filter trades, you will need OnlyPivot_Level_W1F which you can find here. If you want to use Brain to filter out trades you can find it here.

TimeFreedom

azjeff:
Hi David,

Do we need any other indicators with this ea or just use the ones that we have for your version 1.2?

Thank You,

Jeff

sanjurofla:
David or anybody, would you please go through the setting for the EA again.

I am a little confused about a setup, especially such fields as: magic number, buffer and start time. If more fields are explained - will be gracious.

So far does not show smiley face .

I explained most of it back somewhere. Also, you can edit the EA, and see some comments. But here is what some things you need to know about.

Start_time = 0; this should be the start of the day. You can change this if your broker is not the gmt=0.

endtradingtime=17; at this point it will stop trading for the day. I don't like to open trades lat in the day, so I set it at 17.

MagicNumber = 123456; it is used by the ea to keep track of the trades it is doing. Don't worry about this unless you are trading the same currency with two or more ea's running

buffer=0; This is the buffer filter. it will not open a trade unless the MA has crossed the pivot by this many pips.

useweekly=false; if true, it uses the weekly filter discussed in this thread (you need the OnlyPivot_Level_W1F indicator for this to work)

usebrain=false; if true, it uses the brain stop line as a filter (you need the BrainTrend1StopLine indicator for this to work.

latentry=true; if this is true, it will enter the trade after the cross, and when any filters line up with the trade. If this is false, it will only enter the trade on the cross with the filters, it will not enter later if the filters are in alignment.

MAMode=2; //0=sma, 1=ema, 2=smma, 3=lwma

pricemode=6; // 0=close, 1=open,2=high,3=low,4=median, 5=typical, 6=weighted

enday=23; closes all trades at this time of the day

endayfriday=19; uses this end of day for friday

//profit targets

TP1 = 50; //first profit target

TP2 = 110; //second profit target

TP3 = 0; //third profit target

TP4 = 0;

TP5 = 0;

//trail stop loss

SLinitial=75; //initial stop loss

SL1 = -1; after price has reached SLA1, the stop loss is moved to here (note that negative 1 is break even +1)

SL2 = -50;

SL3 = 0;

SL4 = 0;

SL5 = 0;

extern double SLA1 = 50; the point where the first stop loss is used

extern double SLA2 = 100; the point where the second stop loss is used

extern double SLA3 = 0;

extern double SLA4 = 0;

extern double SLA5 = 0;

Thank you very much, David!

So far manual trading system works EXCELLENT on all USD pairs + GOLD!!!

Still struggling to make the EA work.

I explained most of it back somewhere. Also, you can edit the EA, and see some comments. But here is what some things you need to know about....QUOTE]

davidwillis:

Start_time = 0; this should be the start of the day. You can change this if your broker is not the gmt=0.

So if i use Northfinance I'd have to set Start_time=2 , can anyone confirm this?

davidwillis:

endtradingtime=17; at this point it will stop trading for the day. I don't like to open trades lat in the day, so I set it at 17.

To make him trade around the clock , that value should be 26 then ? (in case of GMT+2 broker time.)

davidwillis:

MagicNumber = 123456; it is used by the ea to keep track of the trades it is doing. Don't worry about this unless you are trading the same currency with two or more ea's running

In case we're using more EAs on one currency what would be the value to enter here?

EA v1.6 Bug Report

@ David

Your EA v1.6 is working great except for one small bug. Looks like the EA is reversing a trade once SMMA closes above/below the Daily Open Price only. It needs to reverse a trade once SMMA closes above/below the Daily Open Price and the Weekly Open Price. Take a look at the enclosed pics for a visual explanation.

FYI: I have tested YTD and it looks like W1F is more profitable with less trades compared to the Original with no filter.

TimeFreedom

bonten:
So if i use Northfinance I'd have to set Start_time=2 , can anyone confirm this?

I attaced a clock you can use that will tell you your broker time, as well as several other times.

To make him trade around the clock , that value should be 26 then ? (in case of GMT+2 broker time.)

you can just use 24 if you want, but 26 would work also.

In case we're using more EAs on one currency what would be the value to enter here?

You just want to make it different that the magic number on the other EAs.

Files: