The Only Pivot - page 87

TimeFreedom:
The problem is not with your TheOnlyPivot_Signal indicator, but with the TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator. TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator you are using was coded not to use Sunday bars. If you want to use Sunday bars to calculate the open price like Stevenali then use the enclosed indicator TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun. I prefer not to use the Sunday bars when calculating open price and use TheOnlyPivot_Level.

If you decide to use TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun then you will have to make changes to TheOnlyPivot_Signal to use the TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun indicator to produce correct signals.

The first chart is using TheOnlyPivot_Level and TheOnlyPivot_Signal and second chart is using TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun and TheOnlyPivot_Signal_Sun. I guess it's a matter of preference. You will only see this problem if your broker displays weekend bars like IBFX does.

TimeFreedom

Is the TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator the same one that is in post 1? It seems to have a different name.

TimeFreedom:
The problem is not with your TheOnlyPivot_Signal indicator, but with the TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator. TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator you are using was coded not to use Sunday bars. If you want to use Sunday bars to calculate the open price like Stevenali then use the enclosed indicator TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun. I prefer not to use the Sunday bars when calculating open price and use TheOnlyPivot_Level.

If you decide to use TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun then you will have to make changes to TheOnlyPivot_Signal to use the TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun indicator to produce correct signals.

The first chart is using TheOnlyPivot_Level and TheOnlyPivot_Signal and second chart is using TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun and TheOnlyPivot_Signal_Sun. I guess it's a matter of preference. You will only see this problem if your broker displays weekend bars like IBFX does.

TimeFreedom

Thanks for solving the mystery. I did not even know there was an indicator for this....

TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator is different from the first indicator in post 1 in that TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator does noy use the Sunday bar to calculate open price for Monday. TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun indicator is the same as the indicator on post 1.

TimeFreedom

fxshadow:
Is the TheOnlyPivot_Level indicator the same one that is in post 1? It seems to have a different name.

TimeFreedom

Using TheOnlyPivot Level and TheOnlyPivot Signal indicator on IBFX last night, I had encountered an issue with the alert. At the start of 0:00 GMT, there was red arrow pointing down on the first candle though we were already at the second candle. When flipping to the browser and came back, the arrow had disappeared. Later on, another red arrow appeared on the second candle and the third candle was forming, again the same thing happened, red arrow disappeared. This all occurred on the USDJPY 1 Hour chart.

ET,

Try the enclosed copy of TheOnlyPivot_Signal.

TimeFreedom

et_phonehome_2:
TimeFreedom Using TheOnlyPivot Level and TheOnlyPivot Signal indicator on IBFX last night, I had encountered an issue with the alert. At the start of 0:00 GMT, there was red arrow pointing down on the first candle though we were already at the second candle. When flipping to the browser and came back, the arrow had disappeared. Later on, another red arrow appeared on the second candle and the third candle was forming, again the same thing happened, red arrow disappeared. This all occurred on the USDJPY 1 Hour chart.
Files:

little bit late, but

GREEN PIPS today?

Files:
greenpips.gif  13 kb

i lost oppurtunity at gbpusd.. but

wise man say

it's enough to trade at one pair... i agree

Steve,

what is that synergyindex ? to filter ?

not really, still experiment.

it's a good system... read synergy methode thread...

well

like just before

i SELL GBPJPY at 235.40

SELL EURJPY at 163.67