~ Old Dog / New Tricks ~ - page 10

Old Dog ~ Newer Tricks

Hello all,

I've spent the last 6 months or so testing and refining some of my systems. The GJ breakout is still one of my favs. The system by itself had some inherent flaws, but when paired with the 4Xlounge Market Meter (measures level 2 order flow from 4 feeds in real-time), it is now a powerful system. I removed all the lines, boxes, etc... and replaced them with a simple "arrow + price label". It's very simple to use.

I couldn't talk the folks at 4Xlounge into giving me the code for their indicator, but... they will host this system for free (a nice compromise?, lol...). Here is a look at the new set up:

All of the entry rules are posted on the image. Very simple and easy to use now. No more time zones, price levels, etc... arrow + full market meter = trade.

The live chart is here: Old Dog - Breakout

The hosted chart is on their main server network with full backups, etc... so we can use it and not worry about any outages. 4Xlounge has maintained a 99% uptime over the past 5 year, so I doubt we will have any issues. Let me know what ya think...

Free ??

riffster:
Hello all,

I've spent the last 6 months or so testing and refining some of my systems. The GJ breakout is still one of my favs. The system by itself had some inherent flaws, but when paired with the 4Xlounge Market Meter (measures level 2 order flow from 4 feeds in real-time), it is now a powerful system. I removed all the lines, boxes, etc... and replaced them with a simple "arrow + price label". It's very simple to use.

I couldn't talk the folks at 4Xlounge into giving me the code for their indicator, but... they will host this system for free (a nice compromise?, lol...). Here is a look at the new set up:

All of the entry rules are posted on the image. Very simple and easy to use now. No more time zones, price levels, etc... arrow + full market meter = trade.

The live chart is here: Old Dog - Breakout

The hosted chart is on their main server network with full backups, etc... so we can use it and not worry about any outages. 4Xlounge has maintained a 99% uptime over the past 5 year, so I doubt we will have any issues. Let me know what ya think...

Is this a free service?

Yup, just click on the link. The Chart updates in real-time just like a normal chart. You can bookmark the url in your favs or this thread I suppose. Those guys host a number of free live chart pages like this one.

Alerts App

Quick Update;

We will build an app that sends alerts each time a new trade appears. We will use a Twitter account as the feed so you can subscribe and get free SMS or email updates to your phone. Kewl...

I can't code the app, so the 4Xlounge folks are gonna help. As soon as it's finished I'll update the thread.