Micronotch_v2 EA - page 3

Ibfx

Fiasco,

Any chance you can get the EA to work on IBFX?

retro:
Fiasco, Any chance you can get the EA to work on IBFX?

It works fine on my IBFX platform !!, reinstall MT and try again.

This EA is similar to Pipmaker v5 Neo. Pipamaker takes both long or short depending upon the market

txsundevil:
Marko, Buddy, this is not the Holy Grail, (although you may think so) the market is ranging, wait till the trend in GBP/USD goes short maybe 150-200 pips quickly (better stay out) otherwise this EA is a surprise, compared to other martingale type of EA'S

O yes, i know, i just think, has nice MM and puting orders be nice way. Hope will live longer and will turn sell orders by trend (nice can be with inaf stable TSF MACD or BBstop, RVI, Elliot Wave Oscil or more agresive CCI), but hard to know, we dont see code. Now it see like have just lucky time with long up trend.

Marko

Other aproach

Hi Fiiasco,

Thanks for sharing your work.

Martingales tend to run out of steam sooner or later because most of the EA based on that principle continue to accumulate in the same direction. But, I don't know who did it yet, but what if we do it different? In stead of letting the first trade determine the direction, let the under laying strategy determine the direction of the next trade. If we take for example a MACD on a 15 min chart. The naked strategy without martingale will generate (example)1 winner for 3 losers. The winners will be bigger in pips and (unfortunately) largely compensated by a series of small losers. So if the first trade, based on the MACD signal, is a loser, than we double the lots for the second trade but also in the direction of the next MACD signal, in stead of stubbornly continuing in a random direction. In this way we will never accumulate in the wrong direction, because the MACD will put us always in the correct direction. Of course we have to include a parameter to control that the winner is big enough to compensate at least the los of the previous losers. This will for sure avoid to run out of steam in a trending market.

What do you think?

JP

simplecoders:
This EA is similar to Pipmaker v5 Neo. Pipamaker takes both long or short depending upon the market

Really very similar...:rolleyes:

Files:
micronotch.bmp  1219 kb

Can you Make EA turn and follow trend?

Any martingale would run better if it follows the trend!

48 hours

Just now past 48 hours from start of work. Nearly 2000 pips.

Files:

@ topofwld: Happy that you agree with me. If the martingale is applied to every signal of an indicator instead of only following the signal for its 1st trade of a series (and there after only multiply in the initial direction), than most of the indicators are able to put the martingale in the trend direction even a MA.

@ marko: I see that you have your formidable 2000 pips on a 200.000$ account. Not very realistic. Will the members of this forum who use a martingale on a real money 200.000$ account reply here please. I am not expecting a lot of reaction.

Pipperoni:
@ topofwld: Happy that you agree with me. If the martingale is applied to every signal of an indicator instead of only following the signal for its 1st trade of a series (and there after only multiply in the initial direction), than most of the indicators are able to put the martingale in the trend direction even a MA. @ marko: I see that you have your formidable 2000 pips on a 200.000$ account. Not very realistic. Will the members of this forum who use a martingale on a real money 200.000$ account reply here please. I am not expecting a lot of reaction.

Hi sorry, is not 200 000 $ it is 200 000 Czek Krowns, it is around 10 000 $ or litle less and is buying 0.1 lot in $, so it should be ok. I am testing by this EA the czek broker as well. My fall, sorry. It is realy nearly 2000 pips. Only seems , but in all, is nearly 20% of account in 2 days.