Micronotch_v2 EA - page 9

Equity Close

Hi fiasco,

Forward testing is going well with v6, thank for the extra inputs.

I notice you have used a manual close, or closing and re-setting when a certain equity is reached or on Fridays.

Do you think this is worth coding in? Not so much closing at a certain time but closing if a significant profit is made.

waltini:
Hi fiasco,

Forward testing is going well with v6, thank for the extra inputs.

I notice you have used a manual close, or closing and re-setting when a certain equity is reached or on Fridays.

Do you think this is worth coding in? Not so much closing at a certain time but closing if a significant profit is made.

It is just an extra option incase anyone wants to close all open trades.

Today V6 is being challenged by a drop on the Eur/USD. My modified Trendenvelope indicator said switch off early this morning and I could have sat on the profits made in the last few days and kept out until next upturn. Unfortunately I was not watching this morning. Now could margin out account (like June 6th) if downturn is sustained. My setting on a $5000 demo acc. TP 50 Lots 0.1 Spacing 3. What would be the most conservative setting and where to set the margin on the EA??

fatoftheland:
Today V6 is being challenged by a drop on the Eur/USD. My modified Trendenvelope indicator said switch off early this morning and I could have sat on the profits made in the last few days and kept out until next upturn. Unfortunately I was not watching this morning. Now could margin out account (like June 6th) if downturn is sustained. My setting on a $5000 demo acc. TP 50 Lots 0.1 Spacing 3. What would be the most conservative setting and where to set the margin on the EA??

No worries, Bliksem had died as well today.

None of these EAs can sustain even a 100 pip drop.

Must find much much more conservative settings. Might only make 3% a month, but better than loosing all.

nubika

well using 0.01 starting lot size is very protective. With about 30-40 orders open on a $500 account (mini) my margin level is still 800%.

nubika:
No worries, Bliksem had died as well today.

None of these EAs can sustain even a 100 pip drop.

Must find much much more conservative settings. Might only make 3% a month, but better than loosing all.

nubika

Hi cgldsmth

What settings are you using? TP, Spacing, Margin????????

lots 0.01, TP 10, spacing 3, margin limit 100.

something very funny just happend on EURUSD which I'm trying to figure out. but I think the EA did what it should??????????????

fatoftheland:
Hi cgldsmth What settings are you using? TP, Spacing, Margin????????

fiasco:
nittany1: Apparently you did not read the last line in post # 73

ADX_MACD: I am using it on a real IBFX account with no problem !

Cgldsmth: Ignore the TB and SL you see in the terminal window, Profit Target is what the EA calculates. It adds all orders in profit and if Profit Target is met it closes the orders.

This might be useful information for some traders, some brokers allow scalping some not.

Forex Brokers that Allow Scalping: Research and Results | Forex strategies revealed

Useful info indeed thanks ADX_MACD. I am not sure that this EA is a scalper particularly if you set Profit target to 50 where it achieves its most profitable backtest. It hangs onto clusters of trades for some length of time.

This week the EA 6 suffered from the drop in the Euro/USD. It is still in play but theres only $1600 equity left of the original $5000 on demo. Had I got out on the change of trend signal I use I would have lost around $300.

Had I operated the Margin saving feature and set it to 4500 the EA would have stopped trading. I would have been OK but it would have left orphaned trades which I would have to manually close. What would be safer and a useful feature would be if the EA stopped trading and closed existing orders.

Until this EA can cost average on the short side one strategy would be to switch to the negative correlation USD/CHF where a profit could have been taken this week. I'll try this as a strategy next week