Thanks Enforcer

nice test!!! thanks

leglac:
Hello

very good test

with one paire only !!

Thanks Enforcer

Hi leglac,

It's a really good test. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, do you have the english version of your website? It is interesting.

Indonesian Food Recipe

fosgate_r:
Hi leglac,

It's a really good test. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, do you have the english version of your website? It is interesting.

Indonesian Food Recipe

Thanks

No sorry

TETS

Hi, please post the modified EA, i will run tests....

as i have run over 2000 tests before with the others....lol

And we waiting for the new thread, ofc....

Merci,

New EA

All,

I'm creating a new thread as I write this. I decided to leave the Fisher inidicator in the new EA along with aRSI. Why? It's the only indicator that allowed a full and complete backtest of the GBPUSD through the recent turbulent markets.

But I digress. Everyone has contributed to this EA but it's a radical departure from Pipmaker itself. It concentrates on protecting your assets vs. trying to get the greatest/best entries.

The new thread will have a complete explaination document on the new features as well. The new EA will be called Piplite v1.0.

v/r

Piplite

All,

Piplite, in a new thread, will stop trading if drawdown is down by whatever percentage you set in! However, I must caution anyone thinking that a 15% drawdown is more than you can handle on a martingale EA.

Any martingale EA needs a high balance to start ($2500 standard or $250 micro per pair) and needs that amount because it uses a large negative P/L at times to do what it needs to do to trade. Overall, if the P/L gets greater than 50%, it's probably time to close those trades, lick your wounds and try again some other time.

In my humble opinion, one should use 50% drawdown as the cutoff for martingale traders. Please check out the new features programed into Piplite. Pipmaker has too many indicators, a recovery feature that just didn't work correctly and until the Fisher indicator was added, simply was too risky to trade live. It drew all my accounts to zero (except for EURCHF)

Piplite is Pipmaker with only the two indicators that worked...ever. Fisher and Adaptive RSI are the only ones that worked through the most recent terrible drawdown. Piplite does not have the Recovery Features. It has preventative features and concentrates on keeping your money, not recoverying it. I applaud Don and all the contributers to Pipmaker. It is what it is because many minds made it great. My changes are in Piplite and hold true to what Don and everyone has created, albeit, without several indicators that don't work in today's environment.

If anyone desires to keep their money and not dump their account to zero, go to the Piplite thread here.

v/r

update

Do you have an updated version of this available?

Thanks

Stacey

don_forex:
I will keep it simple, short and to the point. This little EA has a lot of potential. A friend of mine and I have collaborated on many different types of systems in the past. This is a culmination of our efforts. He has a very similar type of EA that is currently making 10% per month.

Here are the variables explained...

Bothways: Default is True

True - this will set a buy order if the price plus the spacing is less than the lowest buy or higher than the highest buy. Same for the sells.

False - this will set a buy order if the price plus the spacing is less than the lowest buy or a sell higher than the highest sell.

MinTime: Default is 91

This is the amount of seconds that an order must be opened before it can be closed. This is to help in preventing "scalping". If your broker has no time limitation, then you can set this to 0. Velocity4x requires 91 seconds.

Lots: Default is 0.1

Pretty self-explanatory. This is the initial lot size that is first placed. The default will depend on your account size, spacing and needs to be optimized to ensure you have a good setting. Personally, I use 0.01 for most everything.

Increment: Default is 0

This is used two different ways and is used in conjunction with Multiplier. If you are not using Multiplier (Martingale), then the setting can be anything you want the next order to increase to. In most cases, the smallest lot size one can have is 0.01, if you set the increment to anything less than 0.01 then it will take more than one order to increment to the next step. For example, 0.005 Increment will set the second order to 0.015 however, this will be rounded to 0.02, then the next order will be 0.02 and so on... If you use 0 for the setting then the subsequent orders will each be the Lots size.

If you are using Multiplier, then you must have an Increment larger than 1. I have used as low as 1.01 to as high as 5.0... This is further explained in the next variable. Optimization is necessary to determine the best Increment.

Multiplier: Default is false

This is used to determine the way in which the lotsize is incremented. When it is set to false, the Increment is stepped gradually. When it is set to true, the Increment is stepped exponentially. Using Multiplier, in effect, makes this a Martingale type system.

Conservative: Default is false

This was originally used before the advent of the profit routines now in play. How it works is, for each buy or sell order that is placed, the profit target is reduced by XX%. This way, the more orders you have open, the less profit is looked for, the quicker the orders are closed and everything is started over...

ProfitReducer: This is used in conjunction with the Conservative setting. This is what the ProfitTarget is reduced by.

ProfitTarget: Default is 50

This is a dollar amount that you determine through optimization.

Spacing: Default is 10

This is the minimum distance set between orders. Once again, optimization is recommended.

EndTrading: Default is false

This is used to stop trading once all the orders are cleared.

The only problem I have with the backtester, is that every once in awhile, the losing buys (or sells) close out before they are supposed too. According to the coding, there should only be one losing order closed at any one time. If anyone out there can help me determine why this occurs and be able to help correct it, I would be most grateful.

Over the three year Alpari history, this EA has proven to be quite profitable with the right optimizations.

Over the last two years, I have gained a lot of information and knowledge from the forums and I hope that this will be some small contribution back to the community. Enjoy and may you make lots of pips! Keep on truckin'

Don

EDIT - Version 2 fixed the closing inconsistencies.

EDIT - Version 3 - see post #23 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 4 - see post #42 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 5a Neo - see post #52 for explanation.

Hi anyone,

I am new in EA script and need your help. How to make the Pipmaker EA to CLOSE all Buy Position after open the first SELL position?

OPEN BUY, Close all SELL Positions

OPEN SELL, Close all BUY Positions

Please help.

where can I get PIPmaker copy ? and which pair is good for it ??