Its Possible To Build A Good Scalping EA

Howdy y'all;

I just want to show everyone that it's possible to build a good scalping EA by using multiple indicators. I've spent about 2 weeks developing this EA, it works on EUR/USD at the M1 timeframe. It's sole purpose is to scalp 2pips off every trade. It's lot size is derived from the AccountBalance()/1000

If anyone can recommend a good broker which has less than a 3pip spread on EUR/USD I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here is a picture of it being backtested; I'm going to start running a forward test today.

Files:
robea.jpg  158 kb

scalper ideas

hi tommystery

can you give us some idea on scalping experts? i need to work on M1 in these days. and it is really hard to fight with M1 charts.

meanwhile interbankfx.com may be a choise, 2 pip euro. but not fixed on news.

thanks

cengiz

I'm actually forward testing with the IB demo right now. I don't feel that the EA is good enough for live trading yet as it has placed some dangerous orders when backtesting.

I've had someone recommend 4xVelocity, but I've never heard of the broker and their website doesn't seem very professional; probably a scam.

As for ideas... I'll tell you that two of the main indicators behind my EA are the Accelerator Oscillator and the Stochastic Oscillator.

Alright; I made a few modifications to the EA, the most important of which is a spread watcher so it doesn't trade during news times or when the spread is higher than 2. Tweaking some of the other indicators I've also been able to get it to execute a couple more trades in the same timeframe (M1 backtest data on IB).

I launched it to forward test on IB's demo, we'll see what happens.

Files:
robea2.jpg  160 kb

Hello tommystery,

IBFX = 2 pip for eurusd

If you do to many trades with ibfx under 3 minutes they ask you to STOP doing it, if you don't stop doing it, they limit your connectivity so you'll barely ever get filled.Scalping through them isn't allowed, it is through other brokers such as Mbtrading but they don't use MT4.Is there any MT4 broker who allow scalping?

It shouldn't be a problem though as it isn't a fast scalper. It placed under 100 orders in 2 months.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll probably stick with IB once I take it live.

tommy,

A very impressive equity slope. I admired that kind of performance . Anyway, I have some suggestion, because I went through this before, and I think you might need this as well.

Since its a scalping EA, and generally running under M1 to take 2pips. You did mentioned its not a fast scalper, which means you're taking a longer term trend on the smaller time frame in order to achieve target. M1 backtest might not give you the biggest picture of how live trading suppose to be. So, previously when I'm doing M1 system, I will backtest it with M5. Wider TP/SL relatively calculated from M1. If M5 gave a 90%. I'm pretty satisfy with it and will run forward testing with both M1 and M5. For example.

M1- TP2 SL10

M1- TP10 SL50

M5- TP2 SL10

M5- TP10 SL50

The total 4 forward testing running simultaneously can give you an overall picture of the system.

Broker?! hmmm Personally I only experience 1 broker which give less problem is IBFX. But they did limitting your connectivity if you scalped too much...btw, their server is a smart ass. They record your average exit position after how long(AND YOUR ACHIEVE GOAL AS WELL!!!). So, if you trade stays less then 3 minutes, thats scalping. If youre trade closed within 5pips, thats scalping too. If you have multiple trades on the same currency pair, and closing off multi positions within 3 minutes, that is scalping too!!! Because I tried to open multiple martingale positions each pip and close them off 1 shot when the largest position got into profit.

Hope this information help you to develope a better EA, and ofcourse a better trading discretion so the broker could not hunt you.

Regads

David

Irrational IBFX?

Hmm,

Thanks davidke20 for the bloody useful information. I am not going to scalp but treating 5 pip closes like scalpers are just idiots.

When I spot my trade some problems, why shouldn't I close it at any pips in (given that it lasts long enough)?

PQDzung

New EA from TOMMISTERY

Tommystery

Why dont put your EA in this post for can try?

In a first moment sems are very good dont think?

Regards