New EA based on the !xMeter - page 52

!xMeter ReWrite of Version !xMeter_v2.1

]Greetings:

As my first contribution to the site, I am attaching my !xMeterEA which is a Rewrite of !xMeter_v2.1. Seeing as the maintenance for this EA has become problematic due to its lack of structure and duplicity of code, i have rewritten it in a modular fashion, with common functions.

IMHO, it is far easier to understand than its previous versions, as well as outperforms them execution-wise. For those purists concerned with locality of code, replace the common functions with includes.

Installation:

1.Place the quickSort.mqh in the include Folder

2.Place the !xMeterEA.mq4 in the experts Folder.

3.Compile and read Notes at bottom of Comments Section.

Any and all comments will be welcomed!!! Enjoy...

Files:
xmeterea.zip  16 kb

KomodoDragon have you tested your EA? If so how does it perform? Does it perform similair to the EA's previously posted? I'm just wondering from your experiences. Im still going to try it definitely.

Test Results

ismael360:
KomodoDragon have you tested your EA? If so how does it perform? Does it perform similair to the EA's previously posted? I'm just wondering from your experiences. Im still going to try it definitely.

I have just started to test the EA, and for the past two days it has shown nothing but profit, even though small(about 100$ +/day). Neverthe less it is still to soon to tell, as I have been spending my time trying to understand the inards of the system, which is becoming clearer now. My goal before releaseing it was to get exact results as the base EA. Now that that has been met, I will look into improvements. After looking at the comments about the subsequent release (2.1.1), and after getting conflicting results from the base version, I have decided not to incorporate them until I can fully understand what problem is being resolved(trial and error is not my style). I have never encountered the zero divide problem in this version. If you have any suggestions, please pass them on.

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS..

Thank you KomodoDragon. It's good to see you take take charge of this thread. I'm subcribed and with be following your progress. I wish I could be more helpful.

@Fullpips, hows the "1 recovery trade a day" test working out?

This was a successfull account with conservative settings, look what happened:

xMeter 211 B System | Myfxbook

I'd rather not have this happening on my live account.

I allready did a manuel intervation this week when the euro took a dive by setting spread to zero so it could'nt open anymore trades, but what if I'm not around?

So a version with the "1 recovery a day" limit would be very welcome.

KomodoDragon:
I have just started to test the EA, and for the past two days it has shown nothing but profit, even though small(about 100$ +/day). Neverthe less it is still to soon to tell, as I have been spending my time trying to understand the inards of the system, which is becoming clearer now. My goal before releaseing it was to get exact results as the base EA. Now that that has been met, I will look into improvements. After looking at the comments about the subsequent release (2.1.1), and after getting conflicting results from the base version, I have decided not to incorporate them until I can fully understand what problem is being resolved(trial and error is not my style). I have never encountered the zero divide problem in this version. If you have any suggestions, please pass them on. WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS..

I have attached the EA on a forex.com demo account with default settings, everything appears to be O.K. on the screen, but no trade yet for two days... Just a few 'old tick' label for a few pairs, no other error label in the log. Any suggestions please,...

No trades

victor57:
I have attached the EA on a forex.com demo account with default settings, everything appears to be O.K. on the screen, but no trade yet for two days... Just a few 'old tick' label for a few pairs, no other error label in the log. Any suggestions please,...

Exactly when did you start using it? Did it load and the Data screen appear?

Was the seconds ticking on the watch? Send me a copy of you log showing the EA as loaded.. Thanks...(BTW-2 days ago was Friday??!!)

No trades??

Victor57:

Wait until Monday, since were on the weekend and Forex is closed!! If you still have no trades after some time after the market opens, send me a copy of the log entry with input parameters to see how the EA was loaded...

There is still no trade. In the metatraders experts/log file there's nothing about the ea (no error), but in the comment journal (below the screen) there are a lot of 'old tick' labels for various pairs. Here I have attached my screen view, I only added suffix while attaching the ea, the rest is the default settings...

Files:
pic-xmeter.gif  27 kb

No Trades

Victor:

It is possible that the problem might be regarding the suffix. I do not use suffix with my Broker. I suggest you run the EA in DeBug mode:

1. Set the ebDebug Flag to true.

2. Replace all '//DeBug' with 'Debug'.

3. Run some cycles, and then review the log file to see if you can find anything.

Unfortunately, I have no way of testing the Suffix issue.

Get back to me with any further questions,.. Thanks..

"When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!"