New EA based on the !xMeter - page 38

The only note I can see is uninit reason 5.

pmacel:
The only note I can see is uninit reason 5.

Strange. This is nothing special just a notice that parameters have been changed by user. Could You send a screenshot with the log on screen?

I don't know how to do screenshot. I also noticed big difference in Currency strenght display between Alpari and Forex.com.

Rigt know for example

Alpari 5

Forex.com 7

pmacel:
I don't know how to do screenshot. I also noticed big difference in Currency strenght display between Alpari and Forex.com.

Rigt know for example

Alpari 5

Forex.com 7

Currency display depends on broker. Obviously Alpari and Forex.com don't provide the same symbols for trade that's why xMeter's display is not the same. xMeter only displays currencies that appear in at least 3 symbols.

If You can't send more information I can't help, sorry.

i get the following errors:

2010.10.18 12:04:37 !xMeter_MultiPairs_GridAveraging_v1_8 EURUSD,M15: Error opening AUDCAD BUY order - Error#: 131

what is going on? what should i change?

ido370:
i get the following errors:

2010.10.18 12:04:37 !xMeter_MultiPairs_GridAveraging_v1_8 EURUSD,M15: Error opening AUDCAD BUY order - Error#: 131

what is going on? what should i change?

EA is trying to open order with invalid lot size. Try changing MicroAccount parameter or AccountRiskPercent.

Next time please read the thread before asking already answered questions. Even better, use a search engine to find out what does error code 131 mean.

Good luck

bug fix

Hi,

I got many 'complaint' that version 2.0 doesn't perform so well as 1.8.

This is due to a bug present in version 1.8 which caused xMeter to calculate some strength values wrong therefore never (or very rarely) fire close signals. This bug is corrected in 2.0 which causes xMeter to close positions more often even in loss. To solve this CloseTrigger needs to be further decreased but this will cause more equity risking.

I made a small bugfix version in which I corrected the usage of SpreadLimit parameter (now it doesn't need to be multiplied by 10 for 5 digit brokers), changed the default value of CloseTrigger to -10 and changed the minimal distance of recovery positions to 30 pips.

One more important thing: I get many messages with ideas how to improve xMeter far more than I expected. I would like to ask everybody having such ideas to code it for themselves since I won't do coding on request. Try Your ideas and if they worth publishing then publish them. Thanks.

Regards

Files:

Still cannot figure out why it does not trade on Forex.com. It is ok on other brokers. Seem to perform well so far. I am interested to see long term recovery trades results.

pmacel:
Still cannot figure out why it does not trade on Forex.com. It is ok on other brokers. Seem to perform well so far. I am interested to see long term recovery trades results.

OK, since I haven't received any usable information I had to create a demo on forex.com. The code had many minor bugs related to suffixed symbols which I corrected. Here is the new version. I also removed the closing of trades if the strengths changed to the opposite because grid averaging method does work well and these are handled nicely (with a bit larger drawdown).

Good luck,

MikKi

Files:
xmeter_v2.1.mq4  69 kb

venox250:
OK, since I haven't received any usable information I had to create a demo on forex.com. The code had many minor bugs related to suffixed symbols which I corrected. Here is the new version. I also removed the closing of trades if the strengths changed to the opposite because grid averaging method does work well and these are handled nicely (with a bit larger drawdown).

Good luck,

MikKi

I get the following?

2010.10.27 23:18:24 !xMeter_v2.1-1 EURUSD,M1: zero divide

It then comes to a screaming halt.