New EA based on the !xMeter - page 54

Ok I found HotForex as a 500:1 demo provider? Is this is a good broker I could go on live?

And a few questions about the workings of the EA..

What is the TimeFrame I need to put the EA on? I have set it on 1H but what are the consequences if I set it to 5m ?or 4H?

What happens when the percentage of the open margin is at or above the max margin as set in the settings?

Will it open trades from other routines? Like the recovery routines?

I am really looking to the workings of the EA to figure out if this EA can help me to start building me a pension in the upcoming years.

Looking at the trackrecords this seems to be possible but I need to get more feel for the EA. Right now it is set and go but don;t understand all consequences and all trade actions it will make. Can somebody please explain? As said it looks as easy but looking at the code it is a hack of an EA..

And trying to figure all out by reverse reading the code is not that easy :-) I understand what it states but having the idea on how it works and then read the code is much easier :-)

Thanks to anyone wiling to help!!

mhensen:
Ok I found HotForex as a 500:1 demo provider? Is this is a good broker I could go on live?

And a few questions about the workings of the EA..

What is the TimeFrame I need to put the EA on? I have set it on 1H but what are the consequences if I set it to 5m ?or 4H?

What happens when the percentage of the open margin is at or above the max margin as set in the settings?

Will it open trades from other routines? Like the recovery routines?

I am really looking to the workings of the EA to figure out if this EA can help me to start building me a pension in the upcoming years.

Looking at the trackrecords this seems to be possible but I need to get more feel for the EA. Right now it is set and go but don;t understand all consequences and all trade actions it will make. Can somebody please explain? As said it looks as easy but looking at the code it is a hack of an EA..

And trying to figure all out by reverse reading the code is not that easy :-) I understand what it states but having the idea on how it works and then read the code is much easier :-)

Thanks to anyone wiling to help!!

I've never heard of Hotforex, but there are many other brokers with a 1:500 leverage, Alpari.co.uk is probably the biggest, for Asia Instaforex. If you're dutch as I suspect, try markets.com (1:200).

Timeframe does not matter.

When margin exceeds max margin it stops opening new trades apart from recovery trades.

I strongly advise you do read/browse the whole thread.

This is a high risk EA no matter what.

If you find a EA that builds you a pension in a safe way, please let us all know

pause trading bug

Thanks for this great EA.

I notice that xMeter open trades even on disallowed time, I think ManageBuy and ManageSell functions lacks a second PauseTrading check.

For example:

if (!PauseTrading && buyorders == 0 && GlobalVariableGet(a + "xMeter_" + symb + "buy") == 1) { //---- we can go trading

statements

} else if (buyorders > 0 && ask 0)) { //---- we can go trading

statements

so, when the first condition is false due to PauseTrading, we go through the second condition which can be true and set trading is allowed. I guess the !PauseTrading && statement should be also added to the second condition.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

--double post---

hi KD,

I have read through the whole thread ( I work shifts so it's taken me a few days) but this EA has really evolved,

I'm running the latest version now on a demo account at a 30m TF and it seems to be o.k. (fingers crossed..lol)

the one your working on now looks good and I look forward to testing that one when it's done as well,

but I just wanted to say many thanks to you and the original designer of this EA and to every one that has added to it,

keep up the good work your doing...

all the best...

FullPips:
Hello everyone,

Here's a new version of the EA. It provides the following:

- removed useless and redundant old code of pair selection loop. (manual selection of pairs can be made directly in the Market Watch)

Hi FP,

Thank you for sharing your work here . I will be demoing your version but you say I can manually select pairs in Market Watch? Do you mean I need to delete all symbols in the Market Watch except for only the pairs I want to trade if I'm only interested in trading specific pairs? Wouldn't this conflict with the "EA Setup" portion where I right click on Market Watch and show all?

Then not sure if Venox250 is still around, but I've been monitoring his v2.1.1 and I can't seem to get the EA to trade only specified pairs I want it to. For "AutoSelectPairs", I switched it to False, and then for "TradePairs" I input the pairs I wanted separated by comma's, but the EA was taking trades on other pairs. I also tried selecting False for AutoSelectPairs and copied/pasted the pairs from "TradePairs" field into "SpecialPairs", but that didn't work either. Please correct me if I'm not understanding the instructions in the EA. Also I'm on Alpari so I know I don't need to be using suffixes in case that matters at all, just trying to be thorough here .

Thank you again to all continuing contributors in this thread. I rarely look at EA's but I think there's potential with at least a couple of these.

Need help!!!

Hi, @all

I use FullPips version with attached settings on demo.

I think this ea works well, but not always.

How it can be prevented that the ea opens at the same time several new positions?

Can somebody help me?

Thanx

Files:
x-meter.set  1 kb

bringer:

I have read through the whole thread ( I work shifts so it's taken me a few days) but this EA has really evolved,

i know, this is what often happens with EAs. Always evolving. This is good, but i really hope the end outcome is a great ea!

jztrader:
Hi, @all

I use FullPips version with attached settings on demo.

I think this ea works well, but not always.

How it can be prevented that the ea opens at the same time several new positions?

Can somebody help me?

Thanx

Are you referring to getting caught on the wrong side of a trade and the EA keeps opening trades due to its grid nature? I haven't tested FP's version in a while as I've been primarily working with Venox's V2.1.1, but I think FP built in trading logic so that it doesn't open trades based on a fixed distance. I think you need to change the "RecoverTrigger" parameter from 0 to 4.5 if you want to keep it constant with your current trade trigger, but like I said I haven't played around with that EA in a while. Venox's version will average into trades based on a fixed distance though.

From observing the EA over several weeks now, I think having control over trading times is very important. There are times when news announcements cause temporary spikes which will trigger trades. Also there are times when the EA attempts to take a trade at the end of New York session when trading activities die down and we're caught holding until next session. Would be nice to choose specific times to only allow trades then.

Hi FxChi,

what I mean are not the recovery-trades. I mean several new positions in less seconds. Look here at my demo-account (FXSalt/UK-Broker) and sort the trades by symbol. When you can see what I mean.

MT Intelligence - Statement for fxsalt1

I this a broker-specific problem?

Thanx