Multi-indics indicator - page 16

Yorky Johnny,

Try this, this is the expert with no "m"

Files:
xmeter.mq4  15 kb

No worries yorkyjohnny

adry_dee_jay

As far as i know it works on all time frame because it give you an overall view of the currency strengths regardless what time frame you use. The indi logistics remain the same. Make sure all the pairs are active in the market watch window.

Cheers.

Big Joe:
Yorky Johnny, Try this, this is the expert with no "m"

Big Joe......Thanks for your reply and offer of assistance, but I am now up and running with no more problems and it would appear the 'm' was the fault, for whatever reason. See previous 3 posts.

johnny

Eh eh

ALL RIGHT

Hi in witch timeframe you all use xMeter?

adry_dee_jay:
great job..........can i use it on timeframe 15??thanks

It doesn't matter. The result is the same because you have all TFs displayed in this indicator.

Here's the first EA based on my indicator.

The parameters:

1. As the indicator, you can set which indy and TFs you want for the trend calculation.

2. Fixed Lot or Managed lot size based on the FreeMargin()

3. Level to open BUY and Level to open SELL

Two EAs and the indicator simplified (without pivots and range). The "reverse" one is based on the reverse trend: you buy or sell at the top! Example: you set the level to open BUY to 85%. It's means that you BUY when the trend DOWN is at 85%.

Close Conditions: TP/SL/TS or when the opposite level is reach.

Instructions: 2 EAs in "expert" folder and the indicator in "indicators" folder.

We'll try to make these EAs the most perfect. When we thinks it is, i will open a new thread for back/forward testing.

Thanks for your feedback.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
Rlinac, Is it an indicator or an EA? It runs only same an EA but the numbers are 9.0 for all majors and only black colors

It's an EA, and should be looks like this. Please make sure Show all symbols on Market Watch

Files:
gbpusd_3.gif  10 kb

Ferru - another suggestion and request!

Hi Ferru,

Is it possible to program the indicator to display the TREND box "Up" or "Down" only, at any given point, on any TF, detirmined by wherever the cursor is placed over a candle?

You have created an excellent trend forcasting indy, that I believe can only be improved upon in regards to the accuracy of its % readouts, by changing the combination of certain parameters, settings, TF's etc. You have now made this possible to do, but the permutations for selection are numerous and the only way to test each one at the moment, is to painstakingly sit at the screen and watch a 1 min chart to observe its "up" and "down" forecasts during different price movements.

Unfortunately, this type of indy can only be tested in realtime, unlike many other graphical types such as MACD, RSI, CCI, MA's etc. With those types, you can manually look back over several months, in different TF's and note exactly where price was at in relation to the indy's signal and guage how accurate the signal is.

Much testing is required to make your indy as accurate as we possibly can and for different styles of trading. Scalping for 5-8 pips for example would require faster parameter settings in various indys and lower TF's of M1, M5, M15 and M30. Different settings again perhaps for the day trader who is looking for 20-25 pips per trade wthin a couple of hours, settings that can hopefully handle seesawing patterns.

Being able to manually test various indy settings against historical price data and recognized, ideal points of entry and exit and then tweak the parameters and settings accordingly, in order to consistently achieve the best results, would be the ideal scenario. Without the feature suggested in my opening statement, it will be a very difficult task, not impossible, but very, very time consuming.

I am sorry that my suggestions normally cause you a lot of extra work, but I do believe that the accuracy can be further improved, with a great deal of comparison testing. I have no idea what it entails from a programming perspective, but I will leave it with you for consideration.

Regards,

johnny

Metatrader Trashed

Hi Ferru

I downloaded and attached your indicators on Post 93, well this has destroyed my Metatrader. It loads up but then locks up whilst the hardrive is constanly accessed. It was stuck in this mode the whole night. How do i remove these indicators before starting up Metatrader.?